Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good High School Starter jalbert009's Avatar

Default Re: Warriors and 76ers discussing Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade

If this deal goes thriugh, 76ers should trade Evans to let him develop somewhere else and get another decent player still on their rookie contract.

Turner for Cousins/Center, Favors/PF, P.George/SF, G.Monroe/Center or Galinari/SF.

Saw a basketball once

for my own selfish reasons i hope we get Monta

cant have Iverson anymore might as well get the next best thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    "Elly....Iggy........Iggy......Elly...."

"Oprah....Uma.....Uma....Oprah....."

Oh well, I was hoping for a Billups expirer + 2011 pick for Iggy....
    I do think Iggy is really good and is worth more than that value wise, but I think he's a pretty bad fit for NY right now. NY doesn't need another ball dominant guy, we need shooters and pass first guys. Iggy is a good distributor, slasher and defender, but his lack of jumpshot would make him a bad fit for NY.

As for the Warriors and Sixers, I love this trade for both of them. I think Curry-Iggy is a great backcourt and they should be perfect compliments. Also Iggy's amazing defense should be great under Jackson. I think if GSW can add some depth this off-season (draft and FAs), they could be next years Memphis.

three way trade

Bulls get
    Iggy
    Ellis

Warriors
    Bogans

Sixers

Kyle Korver

Iggy for Lee makes more sense, since Brand is getting older and could break down at any point. Next year, he could be hurt and totally worthless (a la Michael Redd this year). If not, then Lee and Brand can play alongside and there are two guys in the front court who can score 20 ppg.

If they get Lee, then next year they have leverage to trade away Brand during his expiring contract year.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    three way trade

Bulls get
    Iggy
    Ellis

Warriors
    Bogans

Sixers

Kyle Korver
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHA

Please let this happen.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Iggy for Lee makes more sense, since Brand is getting older and could break down at any point. Next year, he could be hurt and totally worthless (a la Michael Redd this year). If not, then Lee and Brand can play alongside and there are two guys in the front court who can score 20 ppg.

If they get Lee, then next year they have leverage to trade away Brand during his expiring contract year.
    either guy at center for an extended period of time would be a nightmare

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Monta is worth more than Iggy. We want something else thrown in the package for depth. I want Meeks or Speights in the deal.
    TAKE BOTH!

Saw a basketball once

76ers need a guy that can get you 25-30 a night

when we needed huge buckets vs the heat it got ugly(aside from game 3)

Learning to shoot layups

I feel like it makes more sense to trade Ellis for Turner + filler... Turner CAN play the 2 and form a nice young duo with GS as well as clear cap space. Philly goes into win now mode with Holiday, Ellis, Iggy, Brand, (Someone) with Meeks/ Lou off the bench? Thats a pretty damn good team imo...

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeorge
    I feel like it makes more sense to trade Ellis for Turner + filler... Turner CAN play the 2 and form a nice young duo with GS as well as clear cap space. Philly goes into win now mode with Holiday, Ellis, Iggy, Brand, (Someone) with Meeks/ Lou off the bench? Thats a pretty damn good team imo...
    Turner does not in any way have the value to bring back Ellis. It's too early to truly label him a bust, who knows, but so far he's been a significant disappointment.

College superstar

This would be awesome for the "unexpected" result potential. Berri must be salivating at the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Turner does not in any way have the value to bring back Ellis. It's too early to truly label him a bust, who knows, but so far he's been a significant disappointment.
    Exactly.

If Philly is willing to give up on Turner after 1 season, what does that say about how good Turner will be?

Before the year he was the focal point behind a Melo to Philly deal. Now if you can swap him + filler for Monta, that really must mean they have lowered their expectations on how good he'll be.

Monta is not worth more than iggy, sorry. Iggy will be very coveted this offseason, especially by contending teams. This is the perfect time to deal him.