Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Warriors and 76ers discussing Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    They said they arent going to trade Iggy just to rid themselves of his contract. Which means him being moved for expirers isnt gonna happen. If they trade Iggy its to make the team better not take a step backwards. Even tho some fans feel Sixers should take 2 steps back to get better in the future. Sixers really value Iggy and think he can get them something to make the team better.

As far as for who? Not much word on that. A go to scorer and a big have been cited as needs. And Thorn hinted to a predraft trade possbility. So something could get done either with Iggy or something else.
    Iggy is very highly paid. I don't really view him as a first or second option on a championship-contending team. I view him as the 3rd best. I wonder how GMs around the league view him? And thus his real value. Is he a good value with that contract? I don't know.

I rather wait for Dwight Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Iggy is very highly paid. I don't really view him as a first or second option on a championship-contending team. I view him as the 3rd best. I wonder how GMs around the league view him? And thus his real value. Is he a good value with that contract? I don't know.
    From waht I've read its mixed. Some GMs think he is overpaid, and others actually think he is paid fairly. And like his all around game. I'd like to find the GMs who value Iggy game and contract highly because that is a sucker to be taken advantage of.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I rather wait for Dwight Howard.

From waht I've read its mixed. Some GMs think he is overpaid, and others actually think he is paid fairly. And like his all around game. I'd like to find the GMs who value Iggy game and contract highly because that is a sucker to be taken advantage of.
    Well, then your answer is simple: Clippers.
    You guys will get Kaman plus something for Iggy.

I want a 2012 first rd pick included. Fair compensation.

Banned

That works. The wretched Sixers can have 2 bigmen who will miss atleast 20 games in the season.

Do not expect Bynum to be on the table.
    I suspect the Lakers would sooner part with Gasol than Bynum....age difference.
    Then whatever chance of Monta going to the Lakers is pretty much gone.Although Pau is better then Bynum

Banned

Ellis>>>>>>Iggy

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

In a Stefanski interview last year he was pretty adamant that other GM's aren't scared of Iguodala's contract.

http://610wip.cbslocal.com/2010/05/1...-overall-pick/

Skip to 6:48 of that interview and he explains the interest in Iguodala as well as the lack of concern in his contract. He talks about trading Iggy earlier in that interview too.

Apparently Orlando has been talking to him:
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...nta-ellis.html
    I don't know if he'll fit though. He's not a great defender and he is undersized.

Iggy's got a bad contract but so does Kaman, and I think Iggy would fit in very well with an athletic team like the Clippers. I'm hoping this deal gets done. DeAndre Jordan is a much better fit for the Clippers than Kaman.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore csklmf's Avatar

Warriors' greatest weapons are those two guards. Trading one out means David Lee has to somehow go back to 20-10?