Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore Mirko Cro Cop's Avatar

Default Seriously, why the hate on Westbrook?

I get that he doesn't make the best decisions on the court but I can see why his personality might offend a lot of people but the guy is clearly one of the hardest working players in the league. I personally praise him for his no-look-back-I-don't-give-a-shit attitude, because if anything, we need more of that in today's watered down pussified league where everyone wears a mask in front of the camera to protect their "image".

His fearlessness and determination reminds me of a young Kobe in every way and his relentless style of play makes him one of the most exciting players to watch. The dude's a baller and shows up every night and puts in 100% effort, no questions asked and yet is still hated on at every turn....it's ridiculous how disrespected he is
    Last edited by Mirko Cro Cop; 04-06-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Seriously, why the hate on Westbrook?

shut up

Because it's the cool thing to do?

Last night's game was a perfect example of why you can't judge Westbrook solely on the box score. I think he ended up shooting something like 9/24 and finished with 24 points. Some people will look at the box score and say he was chucking and ask why he took 3 more shots than Durant when KD was having a really efficient game. But Durant wasn't doing anything the first 1.5 quarters and OKC needed ultra-aggressive chucking Westbrook. He was relentlessly attacking the rim and putting pressure on Hibbert and the rest of the Pacers frontline. He kept OKC afloat until Durant got going midway through the second quarter.

And that's just one example. There's been plenty of other games this year and the last few years where he's done something similar, and it's kept the team in the game while Durant struggled to get going. But some people will just look at the box score, see he went something like 11/25 on a night where Durant was 13/21, and say he was chucking and hurting the team by not giving the ball to Durant more.

People are jealous idiots.

Guy plays hard every single game and has never missed a game in his life.

For some reason, they think Kevin Durant would be averaging 35 ppg on 50% if he had a "true" point guard. (anyone who says this shit deserves to be tortured and killed)

This team would absolutely fail with a guy like Rondo.

I seriously see no other PG in the league doing more for this team than Westbrook.

His durability, offense, aggressiveness, energy, rebounding, defense, play making....

Seriously, this guy does it all, every game..

No James Harden? Still have the best record in the West... hmmm.. who is really more important?

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Because it's the cool thing to do?

Last night's game was a perfect example of why you can't judge Westbrook solely on the box score. I think he ended up shooting something like 9/24 and finished with 24 points. Some people will look at the box score and say he was chucking and ask why he took 3 more shots than Durant when KD was having a really efficient game. But Durant wasn't doing anything the first 1.5 quarters and OKC needed ultra-aggressive chucking Westbrook. He was relentlessly attacking the rim and putting pressure on Hibbert and the rest of the Pacers frontline. He kept OKC afloat until Durant got going midway through the second quarter.

And that's just one example. There's been plenty of other games this year and the last few years where he's done something similar, and it's kept the team in the game while Durant struggled to get going. But some people will just look at the box score, see he went something like 11/25 on a night where Durant was 13/21, and say he was chucking and hurting the team by not giving the ball to Durant more.
    Westbrook giving Durant the ball is literally the most annoying thing I have ever seen. Not him passing to Durant, him looking to literally just give Durant the ball.

It's like....you coming down the court, everyone on edge because the defense knows it can't set up in time....but forget that guys.

Lets Stop 10 feet behind the key - try to force it into Durant while the his weak ass gets pushed out to the perimeter and lets have everyone else stand and watch, while he does something.

Genius offense.

because he embarrasses their team. big bitch brenda is the perfect example of this

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Westbrook giving Durant the ball is literally the most annoying thing I have ever seen. Not him passing to Durant, him looking to literally just give Durant the ball.

It's like....you coming down the court, everyone on edge because the defense knows it can't set up in time....but forget that guys.

Lets Stop 10 feet behind the key - try to force it into Durant while the his weak ass gets pushed out to the perimeter and lets have everyone else stand and watch, while he does something.

Genius offense.
    That's not his fault in the slightest. Scott Brooks condones this activity.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh

Lol

Banned

Because he's just not likeable.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Because hes Steve Francis

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Because he's just not likeable.
    No, the socially awkward dude who has been medically cleared to play for months who refuses to even give it a shot is not likable.

The guy who says shit like "It's in God's hands" is not likable.

The dude who refuses to play until he is "110%" is not likable.

The dude who couldn't pass high school without cheating is not likable.

Westbrook? Dude who earned everything he has, couldn't dunk until his senior year in high school, was barely recruited out of high school, worked his ass off and became a lottery pick, and now plays the game hard every single night with no excuses and is loyal to his team and franchise... yah, that guy seems pretty likable...

Or at the very least, respected... I could understand him getting on peoples nerves with his relentless energy and charisma on the court.. but you have to respect him, or you're a "hater" plain and simple.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    No, the socially awkward dude who has been medically cleared to play for months who refuses to even give it a shot is not likable.

The guy who says shit like "It's in God's hands" is not likable.

The dude who refuses to play until he is "110%" is not likable.

The dude who couldn't pass high school without cheating is not likable.

Westbrook? Dude who earned everything he has, couldn't dunk until his senior year in high school, was barely recruited out of high school, worked his ass off and became a lottery pick, and now plays the game hard every single night with no excuses and is loyal to his team and franchise... yah, that guy seems pretty likable...

Or at the very least, respected... I could understand him getting on peoples nerves with his relentless energy and charisma on the court.. but you have to respect him, or you're a "hater" plain and simple.
    budaiiii:

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Their expressions are priceless

I usually hit open layups

The hate on Westbrook isnt his attitude or anything. I actually like how he is so cocky and somewhat immature. He doesnt put on a facade for the media like all the other players do. I think he can be so much better than he is though. If he is hot, he can hit everything. But he doesnt realize that some days he doesnt have it. He still goes 1 - multiple too much. He doesnt have numbers and forces shots. Thats the only problem, he forces too much.