Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore zebraheat's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Bogut dunked, fell, injured arm in very bad way

My poor tigers lost again tonight. So disappointed about Boguts injury. I hope he has a speedy and smooth recovery. The Nathan Brown injury was much worse IMO. His leg was hanging at a right angle. Look it up on YouTube, horrific, never the same player again. Hopefully bucks can pull off a couple of victories In the po and bogut gets all NBA and all d recognition.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

The good news is Bogut didn't break any bones, turns out his suffered a slight dislocated elbow, hope for a speedy recovery Bogut.

http://www.monkeydollars.net/2010/04...ideo-2010.html

Not airballing my layups anymore zebraheat's Avatar

Just saw the action in slowmo, Amare really is a dumb-ass...; nnevermind.

All it takes is a slight contact/push in the air to knock someone off balance, and then just stands there like a goose. I don't think he will receive any standing ovations in the Bradley Center anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by strifed169
    The good news is Bogut didn't break any bones, turns out his suffered a slight dislocated elbow, hope for a speedy recovery Bogut.

http://www.monkeydollars.net/2010/04...ideo-2010.html
    Where ever that report came from it's wrong. Bucks offical press release says dislocated elbow, sprained wrist and broken hand.
    http://www.nba.com/bucks/release/bog...te_100403.html

How many times has he been injured since drafted?

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Well, that replay will stick around for a long time.
    Not quite at bad as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEVaRrWL4Hg , but it's not for the weak hearted.

I'm with the group that says that a player should not be touched in any mannor that can give them uncontrolable momentum while in the air. That should be a flagrant foul, even if it was just a nudge. It wasn't on purpose, and I don't hate on Amare for it. The flagrant call was right, but it's a shame that the refs don't call games right to begin with, otherwise players habits would be different, and momentum-driven fall-injuries would be minimized.
    He shouldn't be suspended with a F2, as far as Amare goes, this is done and over with for him, the flagrant will not be retracted.

Good luck to AB. So far it sounds like he has minimal damage for such a hyperextention dislocation.

Official update from Bucks:

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

What a crappy break for the Bucks. Hope he gets better soon and the Bucks still make some noise in the playoffs.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Bogut appears to be hurt badly.

Hope the magic get the bucks in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by IamSofaKing
    Joe Theismann anyone?
    I get shudders thinking about Theismann injury. It was so bad, Lawrence Taylor, the guy who tackled him, IMMEDIATELY was calling for Redskins trainers to get out there. You know its bad when the opposing team is that concerned for you.

National High School Star dough's Avatar

# I want 2 wish Andrew Bogut a speedy recovery.You are 1of the best young players N the NBA, tonights event was unfortunate. I'm praying 4 U. about 5 hours ago via Echofon
    Amare's Twitter

NBA Superstar

I'll also throw my hat in the ring along with ZOMG and Crystallas. When an offensive player rises off of one foot like Bogut did here, especially when a two hand dunk attempt is imminent, any sort of forward thrusting contact from behind (no matter how slight) instantly raises the stakes and turns a difficult play into a potentially dangerous one.

Last night I only had the gif to work off of and in that baseline angle, it really didn't appear that Stoudemire made any contact. However, having now seen the broadcast angle, it's quite apparent that Amar'e is likely responsible for Bogut's fall in my opinion. I don't think he was trying to injure Andrew and it looks like he may have just put a hand on him as an afterthought, but I do believe that's why Bogut fell.

There's a huge difference in completing a two hand, off one foot dunk at a speed you're accustomed to vs. coming in quicker and out of control. I really don't want to be this guy, but I think people who can dunk are probably the ones that can truly relate to and understand the feeling of being nudged like that on a takeoff like Boguts'. I'll throw my hat into the ring and admit that I was nudged in a similar manner on a one-foot, two-hand attempt and that extra force flipped me over a defender and ruptured a tendon in my hand.

As a whole, I'm just not that big a fan of full-speed, one-foot, two-hand takeoffs. If I'm pulling one of these off, I need to make sure there's no defenders in the vicinity. Even then, it's often not enough:

Vladimir Radmonovic Flip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP7n41CURKc

Wyoming Freshman Adam Waddell Flip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kspB8...eature=related

Also, without a clip, I remember New Orleans Hornet forward Jackson Vroman breaking his wrist on a similar dunk attempt in the mid-2000's.

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

Damn,that fall was really digusting...man hope he's alright.

HE definetly got got shoved. but the way he fell on his arm like that it's his fault and nobody elses. He had plenty of time to removes his arm but he thought he keeps it down and he won't fall on his back.

Dumb mistake

any vid of the fall?