Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-06-2008, 01:08 AM   #46
JPR
Local High School Star

Default Re: Did mj ever go 9-26 in a final in his prime?

Emile, I can respect your opinion and I appreciate your well thought out posts. It is a breath of fresh air on this message board, however I think we'll just agree to disagree on this one and see who comes out ahead in the end.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:14 AM   #47
w00terz
FACT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
Emile, I can respect your opinion and I appreciate your well thought out posts. It is a breath of fresh air on this message board, however I think we'll just agree to disagree on this one and see who comes out ahead in the end.

What on earth are you talking about? Emile (and others like him) are one of the reasons this board has turned to sh*t. Anyways, as much of an troll Emile is, I have to agree with his last post. It is oppurtunistic. Kobe had a bad game tonight, the loss gets pinned on him. He will come back and play well. Generally, Kobe struggles initially against bigger, stronger, and as quick defenders. Remember when Kenyon Martin contained Kobe in Game 1 against the Nuggets? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't K-Mart hold Kobe to 9-26 shooting too?

Kobe will be ready for next game, he has that killer instinct, that insane drive that never lets up. He probably won't even sleep tonight, just sit in a dark room starring at the wall. I have great respect for Kobe even though I dislike him as a player.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:15 AM   #48
juju151111
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
I said the same thing about his po sts on ISH until i relized he was a kb slurper.Everytime its got something to do with kb he turns in to a idiot
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:15 AM   #49
Emile
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR

Thank you. Same props go to you for your reasoning, acceptance and open mind here.
I certainly do believe in Kobe's greatness and have kept that belief throughout all, good and bad. If I'm wrong, which I seriously doubt it...it will show. But as far as I'm concerned, it won't.
Considering how far Kobe's got after all the can't talk, can't this, can't that, hasn't done this, that..especially when Shaq is brought up and all...considering everything and where he is now, you gotta give credit where it's due. That's all.

And besides, shouldn't you know better than anyone not to jump the gun early when it comes to Kobe?
Now that's precisely what I'm talking about. He won't quit. It's not over until it's over. He"ll learn from it, come back with purpose. It's what he does. What he gotta keep doing.
Emile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:18 AM   #50
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

I hate this thread. Who cares if MJ ever went 9-26.

I did see a fight 2nite and I'm pretty sure the Lakers fans got deported.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:18 AM   #51
JPR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
What on earth are you talking about? Emile (and others like him) are one of the reasons this board has turned to sh*t. Anyways, as much of an troll Emile is, I have to agree with his last post. It is oppurtunistic. Kobe had a bad game tonight, the loss gets pinned on him. He will come back and play well. Generally, Kobe struggles initially against bigger, stronger, and as quick defenders. Remember when Kenyon Martin contained Kobe in Game 1 against the Nuggets? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't K-Mart hold Kobe to 9-26 shooting too?

Kobe will be ready for next game, he has that killer instinct, that insane drive that never lets up. He probably won't even sleep tonight, just sit in a dark room starring at the wall. I have great respect for Kobe even though I dislike him as a player.

I guess after years of dealing with kobe nut huggers, I have a new approach on the subject matter. He supports his opinion and I firmly believe nobody can touch MJ no matter who says what (including Mark Jackson) so it really doesn't bother me. It is true, the kobe groupies have long ruined the ISH experience but it's just one of those facts of life. I don't think they're going away anytime soon. Mine as well get used to the breed.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #52
juju151111
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile
Thank you. Same props go to you for your reasoning, acceptance and open mind here.
I certainly do believe in Kobe's greatness and have kept that belief throughout all, good and bad. If I'm wrong, which I seriously doubt it...it will show. But as far as I'm concerned, it won't.
Considering how far Kobe's got after all the can't talk, can't this, can't that, hasn't done this, that..especially when Shaq is brought up and all...considering everything and where he is now, you gotta give credit where it's due. That's all.

And besides, shouldn't you know better than anyone not to jump the gun early when it comes to Kobe?
Now that's precisely what I'm talking about. He won't quit. It's not over until it's over. He"ll learn from it, come back with purpose. It's what he does. What he gotta keep doing.
all thats fine, but i still dont understand how kb=MJ?
Old 06-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #53
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
I remember he had some very bad shooting games in the 1996 Finals vs Seattle so probably he had atleast a few shooting nights similar to that.
i dont think 1996 was his prime though. Might have been just after his prime.
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #54
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

The same people who make threads like this dissapear when Kobe goes 17-26 for 35-50 pts. It was one game. Newflash; There Are Still 6 Games Remaining. This wasn't game 7 and is not the be all end all. It's smart to actually wait until the series is over.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:26 AM   #55
w00terz
FACT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
I guess after years of dealing with kobe nut huggers, I have a new approach on the subject matter. He supports his opinion and I firmly believe nobody can touch MJ no matter who says what (including Mark Jackson) so it really doesn't bother me. It is true, the kobe groupies have long ruined the ISH experience but it's just one of those facts of life. I don't think they're going away anytime soon. Mine as well get used to the breed.

Agreed.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:27 AM   #56
Emile
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
all thats fine, but i still dont understand how kb=MJ?

LOL, it's what everything revolves around here. If Kobe was similar to any other player, kinda had his own path without being compared to anyone from before...or anyone other than MJ, it'd be a pretty smooth road for him. But it's ok, it's much better and more fun this way.

MJ is great. So is Kobe. I believe in his greatness to go out and go for, do as much as humanly possible. Win as much as possible. Play as well as possible.
When it all adds up some day, we"ll see.
You really don't need to take it out on me for being a Kobe supporter here.
He's getting praise for being in MJ's league or better at many aspects from various media personalities, broadcasters, today's executives, Jordan's former teammates, even the league's commissioner.

I mean you don't need to like it or agree with it, but it's out there.
What difference it makes what I think? My opinion is pretty irrelevant compared to those people talking. I just believe Kobe's got it, mentally most of all and will accomplish unbelievable greatness because of it.

But you folks are immediately like, if someone is propping Kobe, he's disrespecting MJ. It's not like that. But anyway, nuff talk. We"ll just see about all.
Emile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #57
juju151111
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
The same people who make threads like this dissapear when Kobe goes 17-26 for 35-50 pts. It was one game. Newflash; There Are Still 6 Games Remaining. This wasn't game 7 and is not the be all end all. It's smart to actually wait until the series is over.
Actually i post all thrugh the playoffs.I even talk good things about kb alot,but u see the kb nutgaggers only see these bad stuff.THE ONLY TIME I TALK BAD ABOUT KOBE IS WHEN KB NUTGAG COMPARE HIM TO MJ
Old 06-06-2008, 01:33 AM   #58
juju151111
NBA All-star

EMILE ONCE AGAIN TALKS NONSENSE.I can show u more people who say mj is better.Also non of them is mark jacksom once again u avoid the question how the hell does kb= MJ GOAT???????
Old 06-06-2008, 01:39 AM   #59
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
Actually i post all thrugh the playoffs.I even talk good things about kb alot,but u see the kb nutgaggers only see these bad stuff.THE ONLY TIME I TALK BAD ABOUT KOBE IS WHEN KB NUTGAG COMPARE HIM TO MJ

Do you see the thread title? Do you see who started the thread? I agree, half of the time Kobe fans unnecessarily compare him to MJ instead of letting Bean be his own player. But the guys who b**** and moan after everytime like they are married to MJ are just as bad.

Maybe some people should take their tounge outta MJ's ass for a few seconds and maybe they wouldn't be so bitter. The comparision does not matter. Who cares if someone think Kobe is better than MJ or vice versa? It's called an opinion. If you don't want to have one, go to China.

Instead, idiots b*tch and moan about how horrible Kobe is because he's compared to MJ, instead of enjoying the guy. No one can take the enjoyment of the game from someone by comparisions. You have the equivalent amptitude of a 3 year old if it does.

Just watch the game for a change, and refrain saying idiotic things because someone thinks their boyfriend looks better than yours. Kobe, MJ don't give a damn what anyone here thinks. Kobe just wants another damn ring. It's not that serious. You are comparing them by even creating this unneccesary thread. You can't hate the comparision that much.

Last edited by Killer_Instinct : 06-06-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:47 AM   #60
juju151111
NBA All-star

killer i made this thread mainly to get under the kobe nutgaggers skin.The thing is everytime i try to ask them why they think kobe better they come up with some BS and then when u shut them down with FACTS they use there last option WEAK ERA.lol all of them are the same.Also i do enjoy kb he is my 3rd fav player next to cp3 and tmac.sleep time for me
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: