Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Karl Malone is higher on my GOAT list than LeBron...

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Malone is completely underrated because of his failure to win a title, but the fact is, he didn't collude in his prime on two separate occasions to form two separate super teams. Malone going to LA for his last season is meaningless because he was a shell of his former self. Imagine if Malone colluded to team up with guys like Robinson, Payton, Drexler, Barkley, etc...he'd win a ring and maybe multiple rings; then we'd see him as a definitive top 10 GOAT.

The most important thing to recall is...it took the GOAT to stop him from winning a ring. The greatest player of all time is the only reason a non-colluding Malone is ring-less.

Malone is a two time MVP, finished top 5 in MVP voting another 6 times, played all 82 games 10 different times, is a two time all-star game MVP, 14 time all-star, was first team ALL-NBA 11 times, first team ALL-DEFENSE 3 times, is the 2nd all time leading scorer in NBA history, two time gold medalist, etc. etc. etc.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Malone played with a Wade and Bosh level talent, he'd be kissing rings for a lifetime.
    Is this a joke.

@First Bolded...Umm, well, Malone did exactly did pretty much. Except it wasn't David Robinson it was Shaq. It was indeed Payton. And it wasn't Drexler it was Kobe.

@Second bolded...LOL.. 90's Stockton>2012-2014 Wade

College superstar

You shouldn't be so confident about the Jazz beating Miami or Indiana. They lost to non-Chicago teams for 11 years.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Malone is completely underrated because of his failure to win a title, but the fact is, he didn't collude in his prime on two separate occasions to form two separate super teams. Malone going to LA for his last season is meaningless because he was a shell of his former self. Imagine if Malone colluded to team up with guys like Robinson, Payton, Drexler, Barkley, etc...he'd win a ring and maybe multiple rings; then we'd see him as a definitive top 10 GOAT.

The most important thing to recall is...it took the GOAT to stop him from winning a ring. The greatest player of all time is the only reason a non-colluding Malone is ring-less.

Malone is a two time MVP, finished top 5 in MVP voting another 6 times, played all 82 games 10 different times, is a two time all-star game MVP, 14 time all-star, was first team ALL-NBA 11 times, first team ALL-DEFENSE 3 times, is the 2nd all time leading scorer in NBA history, two time gold medalist, etc. etc. etc.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Malone played with a Wade and Bosh level talent, he'd be kissing rings for a lifetime.
    Bosh isn't a superstar. He is just a regular good player who doesn't deserve to be called as such thing as "Bosh level talent".
    Wade had a very high peak but it wasn't long lived and Wade in his prime had to go through a 15-67 season. If you are a true all time great, you have to at the very least be able to make the playoffs regardless of whom you play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Bosh isn't a superstar. He is just a regular good player who doesn't deserve to be called as such thing as "Bosh level talent".
    Wade had a very high peak but it wasn't long lived and Wade in his prime had to go through a 15-67 season. If you are a true all time great, you have to at the very least be able to make the playoffs regardless of whom you play with.
    Agreed on your first point, but Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem, LeBron, Kobe etc. all missed the playoffs too, so that point is pretty moot

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    REAL recognizes REAL

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    REAL recognizes REAL
    DUMB recognizes DUMB

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    You shouldn't be so confident about the Jazz beating Miami or Indiana. They lost to non-Chicago teams for 11 years.
    look at their 98 Playoff run

beat the Hakeem-Drexler-Barkley rockets in 5
    beat the Duncan-Robison Spurs in 5
    Swept the Lakers that had 4 all-stars
    Should have gone 7 games against the Bulls and could have beat them since Pippen wasn't even able to finish Game 6, if not for Jordan's heroics

and that's with Malone and Stockton being past their primes

Malone: 25/10/4 on 52%FG, 58%TS over 19 seasons

missed 9 regular season games in his 18 seasons with the Jazz, made the Playoffs every year of his career.

9 seasons of averaging at least 27 points 10 rebounds on above 50% shooting, had a season averaging 31/11/3/2 on 56% shooting, 63%TS

If we ranked players based on stats and consistency, Malone's name easily comes up in the top 10.

Banned

He is in mine too.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

Should have gone 7 games against the Bulls and could have beat them since Pippen wasn't even able to finish Game 6, if not for Jordan's heroics

missed 9 regular season games in his 18 seasons with the Jazz, made the Playoffs every year of his career.

9 seasons of averaging at least 27 points 10 rebounds on above 50% shooting, had a season averaging 31/11/3/2 on 56% shooting, 63%TS

If we ranked players based on stats and consistency, Malone's name easily comes up in the top 10.

That's all well and good, but they're not beating the '11-'13 Heat.

Also, if stats were how you measure players, LeBron would be top 4 at worst. LeBron is averaging 27/7/7 on 50% in the rs and 28/9/7 on 48% in the Playoffs for his 13 seasons.
    Last edited by aj1987; 05-06-2016 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    That's all well and good, but they're not beating the '11-'13 Heat.

Also, if stats were how you measure players, LeBron would be top 4 at worst. LeBron is averaging 27/7/7 on 50% in the rs and 28/8/7 on 48% in the Playoffs for his 13 seasons.
    key beying 13 seasons

his averages are going to continue to drop as he ages

Malone has Lebron beat in terms of regular season stats and making the Playoffs for every single year of his career and being 2nd all-time in scoring

Now replace an aging Dirk and Jason Kidd with Malone and Stockton, you want to tell me they wouldn't be able to beat that Miami squad?

Like I said, the Jazz swept a Lakers team that won 61 games and had 4 all-stars with prime Shaq leading the way, but somehow they wouldn't be able to beat any of the 2011-13 Miami squads

2011 Heat lost to the Mavs
    2012 Heat were down 2 - 3 to a past prime Celtics squad
    2013 Heat were a Chris Bosh offensive rebound and Ray Allen 3 away from losing to the Spurs with past-prime Duncan and young Kawhi

But somehow there's no way they'd lose to a team that gave the MJ Bulls their two toughest Finals series in the 90s and beat down countless 50/60-win teams that featured prime Shaq, Hakeem, D-Rob, Duncan, Barkley, Payton etc.

Bron is easily top 50, i have him at 43

key beying 13 seasons
    He's still 31 and has a good 3-4 years left.

his averages are going to continue to drop as he ages
    Probably after 4 years, his averages might be ~26/7/7 on 50%. Over a 17 season career. Not bad.

Malone has Lebron beat in terms of regular season stats and making the Playoffs for every single year of his career and being 2nd all-time in scoring

LeBron has played like 9 fewer Playoff games than Malone and has 400 points more than him. LeBron is also the ONLY person in the history of the sport to be in top 5 in Playoff scoring and Assists. Not to mention the FACT that he'll surpass Kobe in points in the PO's while playing fewer games than him as well.

Now replace an aging Dirk and Jason Kidd with Malone and Stockton, you want to tell me they wouldn't be able to beat that Miami squad?
    Why would I put Malone and Stockton on a team from '11. I was comparing the '11 Heat to the '98 Jazz. Dirk was clutch AF in those 4th Q's in the Finals. Malone is not exactly known to be clutch.

Like I said, the Jazz swept a Lakers team that won 61 games and had 4 all-stars with prime Shaq leading the way, but somehow they wouldn't be able to beat any of the 2011-13 Miami squads
    Van Exel and Kobe was terrible All-Star selections. 15/3/3 and 14/3/7. Eddie Jones as well,to a certain extent (17/4/3). To put that in perspective:

2016 Los Angeles Lakers:
    Clarkson - 16/4/3
    Ratsell - 13/3/3
    Lou - 15/3/3
    Randle - 11/10/2

Were they All-Star calibre players? Lets also not forget the FACT that those 3 "All-Stars" combined to shoot 34%. The whole team outside Shaq shot 33%. Let that sink in. That team played like horse shit outside Shaq.

2011 Heat lost to the Mavs
    Yep.

2012 Heat were down 2 - 3 to a past prime Celtics squad
    Did Heat win the Finals that year? I'm don't remember.

2013 Heat were a Chris Bosh offensive rebound and Ray Allen 3 away from losing to the Spurs with past-prime Duncan and young Kawhi
    Yeah, and Danny Green and Neal hitting contested 3's from all over the place and setting new records. BTW, who won that series? Did LeBron shoot 6/24 in the G7 and still win?

But somehow there's no way they'd lose to a team that gave the MJ Bulls their two toughest Finals series in the 90s and beat down countless 50/60-win teams that featured prime Shaq, Hakeem, D-Rob, Duncan, Barkley, Payton etc.
    Are you kidding me? You think Hakeem, Duncan, and Barkley were in their primes in '98? Robinson played like shit as well in that series.

The two games that Chicago lost, one was by 2 points. A game in which MJ and Pip combined to score 36 points on 42 shots and the bench scored 8 points. Let me repeat. They lost that game by 2 points. The other one was a 3 point loss and the 3 leading scorers took 60 shots to score 63 points with 8 points coming from the bench. They lost that game by 3. Do you remember game 3 of that series, BTW?

In short, Malone beat a team with rookie Duncan and a non-existent bench, a team with prime Shaq and scrubs, and a team with 3 about to retire players. The Rockets were one of the worst defensive teams and the Spurs were one of the worst offensive teams.

I like Malone, but this is an argument that you'll never win. LeBron at worst is top 9 all time and Malone is ~16-18.

Decent playground baller

Stockton is a far better talent than Bosh, top 5 all time PG easily.

lol, its almost like he is serious.