Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-20-2019, 02:54 AM   #31
SamuraiSWISH
Coach

Default Re: If 2018 LeBron is the GOAT, who would be second best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieSteve
Dude... Jordan > LeBron. I agree. But 3ball is an idiot and all his posts are nonsense.

Also while I agree Jordan > LeBron, 6/6 > 3/9 is an awful argument that ignores all context.
You’re right context says that 3/9 could’ve easily been 1/9
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:19 AM   #32
Mr Feeny
ISH vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

But that's a crazy argument because we are penalizing Lebron for making finals.
We could look at it differently. 3 rings in 16 seasons. Vs 6 rings in 13 full seasons.

That might still be disingenuous (rings argument), but it would make more sense than the 3/9 stuff.
Mr Feeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:24 AM   #33
AussieSteve
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

Context says that LeBron's opposition in the last 4 finals has been a team that was 48-13 vs the West in the playoffs over those years. That's a 65 win pace over 82 games, in the PLAYOFFS in a very good western conference.

The fact that LeBron is 7-15 against this team over 4 finals, despite playing with objectively awful support in two of them, is not an inferior accomplishment to Jordan, because Jordan never played a team remotely close to the warriors.

Judge them on their performance, not their respective finals records. I grew up watching peak Jordan. I agree he was better. But I don't think he would be 6/6 in the 2010s. And I think lebron is the 2nd best player I've ever seen.
AussieSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:35 AM   #34
Mr Feeny
ISH vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieSteve
Context says that LeBron's opposition in the last 4 finals has been a team that was 48-13 vs the West in the playoffs over those years. That's a 65 win pace over 82 games, in the PLAYOFFS in a very good western conference.

The fact that LeBron is 7-15 against this team over 4 finals, despite playing with objectively awful support in two of them, is not an inferior accomplishment to Jordan, because Jordan never played a team remotely close to the warriors.

Judge them on their performance, not their respective finals records. I grew up watching peak Jordan. I agree he was better. But I don't think he would be 6/6 in the 2010s. And I think lebron is the 2nd best player I've ever seen.

Jordan never had a 2nd option who was putting up 40 point finals games on 70%+ shooting or one who was hitting title winning shots on isolations against the reigning mvp. Its apples and oranges. But I agree. It's not fair to harp on Lebron's finals record when the competition was tough. A better argument would be to criticize him for failing to make the finals as favourites in 2009-2010 and then for the collapse against Dallas.
Mr Feeny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: