Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Madden 2011 - who else got the fever?

Quote Originally Posted by MeloMike
    5-0 online early. Played this guy that used the Saints and I don't think we stopped each other once. 49-42. I think we each fumbled one away and that was it. Fun game.

I find it easier this year to avoid tackles, and I find it more difficult to break a big kick off return...the return team gets down there a bit quicker. Also, more kicks make the endzone.
    After reading your post i just played a guy who used the saints too and the final score was like 63-48. We each threw for 500+ yards lol. Rodgers threw 8 tds

Local High School Star scott0326's Avatar

Almost every time I play the guy I'm playing is the Saints or Vikings.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I just picked it up for the 360. Don't know much about football\haven't played any Maddens recently but played the demo quite abit so sprung for it. Shit was expensive

I have come to a realization that I cannot stop anybody this year.

I can score on anyone, even the nano blitzers, but I basically rely on others making mistakes, or forced fumbles to get stops. Anyone got any good playbooks? I seem to get beat up the middle alot. Stopping the run is no problem.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I just got beat 51-0. Worst part is he was calling timeouts with 30 seconds left in the 4th to make sure he got the last TD. On top of that he attempts an outside kick with like 2 seconds left

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

I find it impossible to rush the QB when playing the computer. I also have no kick return game at all despite a 99 rated returner. Other then that, I am liking the game. Wes Welker was unstoppable though when I played the Pats....unrealistic. I might have to play around with the sliders.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    I find it impossible to rush the QB when playing the computer. I also have no kick return game at all despite a 99 rated returner. Other then that, I am liking the game. Wes Welker was unstoppable though when I played the Pats....unrealistic. I might have to play around with the sliders.
    my giants are really great at getting at the QB, we messed up matt shaub the other night, got 2 great DE's, MLB and Saftey coming through, once i get ontop of a team, like 10 points up and they have to go to the air, my boys are after them

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craigthomasb
    my giants are really great at getting at the QB, we messed up matt shaub the other night, got 2 great DE's, MLB and Saftey coming through, once i get ontop of a team, like 10 points up and they have to go to the air, my boys are after them

I am the Jets and I am using a 3-4, so maybe it's easier with 2 rush ends? I have Pace and Dumervil (traded for) coming off the outside all the time but I can't do anything.

So, I bought my game today, tried putting in my code for Madden Online access, and it keeps telling me the code is invalid. Anyone have any suggestions?

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    I am the Jets and I am using a 3-4, so maybe it's easier with 2 rush ends? I have Pace and Dumervil (traded for) coming off the outside all the time but I can't do anything.

yeah, i'd say a 4-3 is much better for rushing the passer, one of your ends will find some space, if not you will have tied up more linemen, leaving space for a LB or safety to run through, its all about timing IMO, you take a chance, and if the qb holds onto the ball too long, you take him down, you can get burned, quite a lot, but you just got to be smart about it

I just finished a game where we were tied 21-21 with inside two minutes left. I had the ball on his 20, and he had no time outs left.

So I was gonna just milk the clock down to nothing, call a time out and kick the FG.

But I was having problems doing that as his players got injured three times and the clock stopped everytime. This doesn't happen in the NFL, does it? No timeouts left, so you get hurt and the clock just stops. I don't think that is right, teams would just fake injuries.

Still won the game, but if he had some timeouts, that really would have effected things.

This happen to anyone else? I don't remember this happening in '10.

Edit- rule book check. Can't do that. Bad glitch to have in your game.
    Last edited by MeloMike; 08-24-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Local High School Star

I went into overtime with this kid and he kicked a fg and thought the game was over. I guess he didn't know about the new ot rules. He kept yelling and getting mad. "cmon dude why isn't the game over." Too bad i ended up losing it would of been funny to hear his reaction if i won.

♫♪♫

about to get this!

Facts Are Misleading

If you have no timeouts left in a game and one of your guys gets injued after the 2 minute warning, I wonder what the penalty is? I have never encountered this on television before, and I would tend to argue that a team should not be penalized if their player gets hurt legit. You can't penalize a team for getting hurt, no matter where it happens.

I thought it was hard to run [in 2k11] until I realized that the Bears running game just sucked.