Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Chamberlain trying to beat the shotclock! (video)

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Damn bro u seem a little mad. BTW I saw you tried to neg me but you actually ended up repping me instead thanks, man, appreciate it. Not surprised your dumbass is too stupid to figure out how to neg people, though
    I'm mad how society can produce people as stupid as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    I'm mad how society can produce people as stupid as you.
    It's sad what LeBron assent and Kobe's decline have reduced you Kobe kidz to. Having to fap over "highlights" of Oldbe "dominating" a bunch of 4'8 Chinese scrubs

It's sad what LeBron has reduced you Kobe kidz to. Having to fap over "highlights" of Oldbe "dominating" a bunch of 4'8 Chinese scrubs
    Do you not read your own posts?

Kobe is a 5x Champion. I aint mad. But you're to stupid to know this. You might even think 1>5?

Do you not read your own posts?

Kobe is a 5x Champion. I aint mad. But you're to stupid to know this. You might even think 1>5?
    Proof you have a Kobetard on the ropes: they fall back on the "DURRRRRRR FIVE RANGZZZ DOEEEE" argument

Proof you have a Kobetard on the ropes: they fall back on the "DURRRRRRR FIVE RANGZZZ DOEEEE" argument
    Good good, let the 5 rings butthurt flow through you

More than your favorite franchises (Heat, Magic with Mac) combined

Good good, let the 5 rings butthurt flow through you

More than your favorite franchises (Heat, Magic with Mac) combined
    My favorite franchise (St. Louis) has 11 rings. Suck it and we won 'em all in STL, we don't count rings won elsewhere (*cough* minneapolis *cough*)

Banned

Deuce Bigalow getting respected here again....
    **** this site

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I would put money down betting milwad doesn't have many friends, guy takes the internet too seriously. The word cowardly being used to describe a poster lmaooooooo

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Can't you read?
    I wrote, in game dunk, he claimed that Calvin Murphy was just as athletic like KJ and that he could dunk like KJ. There's nothing to back up a statement like that, the footage is damn limited when it comes to Murphy but you don't have to be a genius to know that Calvin was no where close to the dunker KJ was nor as athletic. You guys are great with them articles, if Calvin was a dunker of KJ's ability then it would be EVERYWHERE.

And players back then were way less athletic than the average modern era player, it's a fact. Or maybe you like to believe all those hoax stories where old players recall how great they were..
    Not to prove or disprove a point... .

I lived in the neighborhood where Tiny Archibald grew up and he would come back and tell us stories - actually he still does this til this day. He said Calvin Murphy was a boxer and uncommonly super coordinated. He said he could dribble two balls at pretty much full speed up the court and then dunk one of the balls straight up and then bounce the other ball so high that he could come back down and grab the other ball in flight and dunk that ball too. Tiny will tell you that Calvin is the reason why camps make you do the two hand dribble today.

The clips I saw of Calvin he looked a lot like Tim Hardaway - a bit quicker with less dribble.

Man up some if you really believe that some posters are underrating other era's and players which Jlaubber is doing constantly, and considering how many of his posts you've read and never confronted...
    In general people pick their battles here. CavFTW isn't obligated to make every stand you find important. I think most of the posters here over forty feel that the perimeter players have evolved across the board but the center position and post play is in retrograde. The 90's had some great players at center but its been dry as of late. DH is in a class by himself and his post skills pretty much suck. He's primarily energy, athleticism and will power. He can score a bit too. But I wouldn't call him skilled, or great in fundamentals, a man who covers all the center responsibilities, a guy who can pass out of the pivot, a leader, a guy that controls the paint, or a guy who elevates the position. I have argued here several times that DH isn't even very integrated into his team's energy or success in the playoffs. Yet, he's much better than any other center by a mile.

Russell has all of DH's great traits plus he was a great leader, exerted his will on the game, was the center piece of his team on both offense and defense, controlled the paint, a guy that elevated his position, was solid in fundamentals and very much the core of his team's success and inspiration. He doesn't score like DH but its a tradeoff I would take. What center, now, are you comparing to Wilt and Russell athletically?: Fundamentally? Skill wise? Tenacity? Aggressiveness? Post control? Team control? Awareness around the basket? Responsibilities of the center role? Pass from the pivot? Leadership? Ability to adjust to other center roles? Who even has the center role in control and rocking it with impact?

Most of the players back then played with pride, gusto and intention in their work. There was a work ethic back then. Work always has value whereas Darko doesn't. According to draft camp records, Darko is an athletic freak by today's measures. Kwame Brown and Javale McGee are also among the top five of the most athletic centers. Wilt would definitely have another record if he had to face those guys 33 times a year. A guy with simply good work ethic would standout among centers today. Work ethic and pride in one's work was the way of life in the 60's. Jerry Lucas would at least be the best rebounder in the game as he was a taller version of Kevin Love - had a good long range shot as well. Thurmond would be in a league by himself as a defender today. Reed would be the league's work horse. Bellamy would be a lot like DH - less defense I imagine but more offense. Put Russell in the mix and Wilt would be facing 5 guys or about 40-50 games against guys that would stand out today.

Work ethic and fundamentals would survive in an era where those qualities lack, and this is true in all human works. What centers are you claiming that would erase that value today?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Colbertnation64
    I would put money down betting milwad doesn't have many friends, guy takes the internet too seriously. The word cowardly being used to describe a poster lmaooooooo
    A coward is someone who licks butt in the forum but badmouths the same person in PM's and makes videos about him..

And many friends, yeah, my 2 posts per day takes all my time, I have no time for friends. But Jlauber who averages 4 times more posts per day where he only concentrates on spamming on Wilt, a player he never saw play but still is crazy about must be one hell of a popular guy..

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    A coward is someone who licks butt in the forum but badmouths the same person in PM's and makes videos about him..

And many friends, yeah, my 2 posts per day takes all my time, I have no time for friends. But Jlauber who averages 4 times more posts per day where he only concentrates on spamming on Wilt, a player he never saw play but still is crazy about must be one hell of a popular guy..
    lol look at this guy taking this board so seriously.

I've never even talked to jlauber before barley know who he is or seen him post.

Don't care about his popularity. I'm just pointing out what kind of vibe I'm getting from you.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Colbertnation64
    lol look at this guy taking this board so seriously.

I've never even talked to jlauber before barley know who he is or seen him post.

Don't care about his popularity. I'm just pointing out what kind of vibe I'm getting from you.
    If you don't know who the guy is and if you've never seen his post and don't know the major spamming and namecalling he's been up to, go and check it out..

College star

I'd take pre-2012 Lebron in clutch situation over Wilt. Any day, any time, any where.

Millwad has levelled up to full troll status.

I lost it when I heard that guy's laugh in the audience