Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #16
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: LA Times: Lakers reached out to CWebb and PJ Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
No doubt Socal.
We've been asking for Ho Grant part 2, PJ is all that.
He'd be a great fit if we can talk him into returning.
We have about 1.6 of the MLE still available.
I could see PJ backing up Kwame for a few weeks, until he gets familiar with the system and in better shape, then moving to the starting 5, with Kwame off the bench.
When Drew returns, PJ can give us low post D and rebounding at either the 4 or the 5 off the bench (which most of us on this board have been saying is our greatest need). PJ is also quite effective offensively. Nice mid range jumper and a very good FT shooter.
He's be perfect, lets pray!

Webb would certainly be a decent addition as well, if PJ has no desire to come back.
Webber lacks PJ's D, but he's a solid rebounder and a very good passer (good fit for a big in the triangle).
I'd welcome him.

I *think* PJ Brown would also be more selfless than Webber. I do think that no matter who signs Webber, the man does have an ego to deal with. Not necessarily a bad thing overall, but in this dynamic, there is no room for that.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:25 PM   #17
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

The question should be who is a better fit with the existing Lakers players?
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 PM   #18
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
i think that this webber thing is pretty much the lakers call.

We have the $$$, we have the roster space for a PF, and he definitely isnt demanding to start anymore.

The only thing left is to negotiate.

Mbenga is way too limited in his offensive skills and I dont remember seeing how good PJ brown was in his older days.

Agreed, And I feel he will be big for the lakers. If not waive him. Im sure he will come cheap.
I have thought it was a great idea from the getgo. I'll admit he is not a great defender but is Radmanovic? Nope. He will bring a lot to this young team. Im not thinking of webber to be our JC(Savior[Jesus Christ])
Im hoping he will be that very last piece to take us to that next level. I will love Webber alongside a Defensive guy like Kwame or Turiaf. Play lamar at the 3 and bring luke off the bench again so that we wont have to many playmakers in the same line up. Starting LO,Webb,Kwame would allow us to smash the boards. And I'm looking for webber to make LO that 20/13/5 guy we KNOW he can be
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:24 PM   #19
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^HOW DO WE KNOW THAT WEBBER IS THE LAKERS CALL???!!!

Where did you get that information?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:35 AM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

We dont know, but from reading articles, thats the assumption I am making.

if he wants us, then its all up to the lakers. Thats how it usually is anyways right?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #21
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

I'm sorry.lol
I don't. Pure assumption. I guess I was typing as if we had already got the guy. But I just put 2 and 2 together. We need a big. We have had talks with webber, he likes us...We are good.
lol...
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:19 AM   #22
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

I'll take PJ over Webber. To be honest I'm not sure why we didn't pick him up even before Drew went down. And, I'd take PJ Brown at 40 over Kwame Brown right now. Watching last nights game I looked for Kwame's supposed amazing defense and didn't find any of that (neither on the ball or help-wise). He's clearly an offensive liability and he makes unbelievably terrible mistakes. His 10 rebounds were all on balls that for the most part went right to him; I'm sorry I just don't think we can survive with him starting.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:28 AM   #23
and1
High School Varsity 6th Man

and1 has decent reputationand1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00
His 10 rebounds were all on balls that for the most part went right to him
i just want to comment on that argument, its flawed... you have to tell the whole story here. do you mean, he just stood there and he got the ball, or did he get in position before and then the ball came right to him...

either way, kwame sucks... get webber. at the end of the day, lakers with webber(or pj) > lakers without..

(oh and trade odom)
and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: