Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets Trade w/Murphy, Ariza, Lee, Others...

TWITTER
    STEIN_LINE_HQ RT @chadfordinsider: Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets working on 4-team deal. Ariza to NO. C. Lee to HOU. Collison/Posey to IND. Murphy to NJ.

So says Mark Stein.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets Trade w/Murphy, Ariza, Lee, Others...

wait, so indy gives up murphy for collison and posey? Wow, thats a good upgrade there for them. I gotta think there are some missing pieces to this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    wait, so indy gives up murphy for collison and posey? Wow, thats a good upgrade there for them. I gotta think there are some missing pieces to this trade.
    It sounds like it. I fail to see what the Nets are doing. Murphy for Lee? When they already have bigs who need to play?

Not happening.

Since when did people begin believing everything they read on the internet?

oh yeah, ever since al gore created the internet.lol

Learning to shoot layups HannibalKid's Avatar

Bet ariza wishes he resigned with LA, gonna be bounced to "no fans" land in new Orleans

Only team that gets better with this trade is Indy.

Book 'em Dan'l

a clear sign where hornets organization is trying to make moves to keep chris paul in NO.

advantage pacers in this trade.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

New Orleans can do better for Collison.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It sounds like it. I fail to see what the Nets are doing. Murphy for Lee? When they already have bigs who need to play?
    Troy's Morristown's finest? I don't know. I just think they find Favors not ready for a starting role at the moment and we do need a rebounder. I'm not a big fan of this, but I'm also not a big fan of Courtney Lee. It seems as if Avery wants Terrence at the 2 position anyway.

EDIT: Troy's an expiring contract. Maybe they're clearing cap again?

Murphy is not worth Collison.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The Nets don't have a seasoned vet among their bigs though, and I think asking Favors to play more than about 25-30 mins a night is too much for him right off the bat. Bringing Murph in there helps ensure that he's not thrown out to the wolves too soon. I really like this deal for the Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    EDIT: Troy's an expiring contract. Maybe they're clearing cap again?
    Yep thats also an important thing to remember. As things stand the Nets should be able to add a max guy next season, and now they have a line-up that should be competitive and could win 25-30 wins under Coach Avery Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    The Nets don't have a seasoned vet among their bigs though, and I think asking Favors to play more than about 25-30 mins a night is too much for him right off the bat. Bringing Murph in there helps ensure that he's not thrown out to the wolves too soon. I really like this deal for the Nets.
    That's funny if the Rockets get rid of Ariza so fast after signing him, seeing as they thought they were robbing the Lakers at the time.

This trade is good for everyone but Houston. Why give up Ariza for Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    They must be getting a pick/cash/salary relief over the long term or it's not worth it.

the fighting mongooses Miller Time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    This is pretty much what I thought. I like it a lot for Indy though. I have wished for them to pursuit Darren Collison for some time now.

Al though I believe it when it happens. Collison would be great for the Pacers.