Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Spin On Lance Armstrong Cheating - "He's like Robin Hood".

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    and are you going to be responsible for creating every fukcing thread on ISH regarding lance armstrong from here on out?

i mean, so you just created a 'lance armstrong thread on oprah' a day or two ago... now you're apparently not thrilled how its been going and so its time for ANOTHER NEW THREAD to start over with your own original confirmation bias completely intact?

really?

and this is swaying HOW MANY of the people who originally disagreed with you how, exactly?

please do enlighten me, sir...
    huh? This is more a shot at ESPN. I don't think Lance is the devil but he's not Robin Hood. This is my ESPN bashing thread. I don't think i posted much in the other thread, did i?

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I'm happy you view on morality is so self-centered and short sighted.
    Yes my view on morality is short sighted because I don't give a shit about how someone wins a stupid bike race but do care that they were instrumental in doing some good for people fighting cancer.

It's probably you who needs a double check on what's important and what's not

At all the Texans coming in here and defending this douche.

Anyway, I'm just glad he had the ball to finally confess.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    huh? This is more a shot at ESPN. I don't think Lance is the devil but he's not Robin Hood. This is my ESPN bashing thread. I don't think i posted much in the other thread, did i?
    are you sure this isn't Lance's stance on what happened?...that he viewed himself as a "Robin Hood" type?

this might be Lance's spin on this...not ESPN, they are just repeating his own views

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    At all the Texans coming in here and defending this douche.

Anyway, I'm just glad he had the ball to finally confess.
    not defending him, I am just saying to me it looks like more good came out of this than bad...

the good = millions $ were raised for cancer research (very important in the grand scheme of things)

the bad = someone cheated at sports (totally unimportant in the grand scheme of things)

National High School Star

in a world where everyone is doping , lance still won, so i dont see the big deal. EVERYONE LITERALLY DOPES AT THE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Yes my view on morality is short sighted because I don't give a shit about how someone wins a stupid bike race but do care that they were instrumental in doing some good for people fighting cancer.

It's probably you who needs a double check on what's important and what's not
    You now going into the negative levels of credibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Jello
    If you are comparing those boys to the "ruined" lives of Armstrong's detractors, then you are way off base. I'm not buying it that his detractors were of noble intentions. They were in a sport with a systemic prisoner's dilemma to be the best. They were a part of an already dirty sport and they were calling out the best doper because he was on top. It is bullshit to sit there and think you wouldn't lash out at people attacking your own livelihood, especially when they are also eating the forbidden fruit to gain success.
    Have been thinking the exact same thing. Not saying it was "right," but at the end of the day he did the exact same thing any lawyer or professional advisor would have advised him to do ---- protect his image by any means necessary.
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 01-16-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Have been thinking the exact same thing. Not saying it was "right," but at the end of the day he did the exact same thing any lawyer or professional advisor would have advised him to do ---- protect his image by any means necessary.
    There are a lot of lawyers that would have told him to come clean. The issues with Armstrong aren't just about him being a cheater (and the fact that one of his main defenses is that everyone else did it shows how indefensible he truly is). It's also about the massive amount of covering up he's done, lying to protect one lie after another. This could be the biggest web of deceit sports has ever seen. No lawyer worth his degree would have told Armstrong to lie under oath. Depending on what he says in this interview he's looking at an avalanche of lawsuits. I'm not sure where all of this will lead, we've got over a decade of falsehood to wade through but this could even lead to criminal court for all we know. Perjury is a serious thing and we are just seeing the beginning of what he may be about to get hit with.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

So can we expect a discount on LiveStrong clothing now that we know Lance was a doper?

NBA Superstar

its unbelievable to me some americans continue to make excuses for him. before it was "but he didn't test positive" despite it being obvious and with so much overwhelming evidence, and the funniest thing about that is the Lance supporters jumped to "well the whole sport is doping" ...guess what? the whole sport hadn't tested positive either....his supporters are just constant hypocrites....and now its this robin hood cancer fighting BS like that excuses him from being one of the biggest pompous cheaters and blatant liars ever to live

i mean when the basis of his fame and riches was from cheating and cancer charities benefited from that, its absolutely ridiculous how they keep ignoring the basis of him cheating to get to where he is. then on top of that which IMO is the worst part is he vehemently lied to the world for decades and being so vindictive towards those accusing him like he was so wrongly accused. that in itself just makes me utterly despise him. i honestly can't say i've seen any behavior worse than that from anybody of fame, its the lowest of the low to lie so manipulatively and on such a large scale.

it just makes me sick how people still support that dude

drug cartel leaders should start donating to cancer charities too. maybe people will start supporting them and ignoring where the money is coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    You now going into the negative levels of credibility...

Why because I'm not going to wrap myself in the cape of faux moral outrage over an athlete caught doping then lying to cover it up in a sport that since 1995 36 of the 45 podium finishers in the tour de france have been caught doping? Since 1996 there's been close to 300 riders in the tour alone that have been caught with some form of illegal performance enhancement, that's just one event and those are only the ones they caught how many like Armstrong slipped through the cracks yet you think I'm not credible because I'm not getting worked up over one rider? piss on that shit.

Grow up, Armstrong got caught cheating in a sport that's rampant with cheaters. get mad about the sport itself and it's culture of corruption from the top down.

Did he throw people under the bus, you bet and who cares really. The people he screwed over were for the most part every bit as guilty as him, most having already been caught and were just whistle blowing to save their own careers.

Sorry if my cynical outlook bothers you but like I said, I refuse to pretend Armstrong performed some evil deed in a pristine environment, He was a snake in a pit full of snakes.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by daily

Why because I'm not going to wrap myself in the cape of faux moral outrage over an athlete caught doping then lying to cover it up in a sport that since 1995 36 of the 45 podium finishers in the tour de france have been caught doping? Since 1996 there's been close to 300 riders in the tour alone that have been caught with some form of illegal performance enhancement, that's just one event and those are only the ones they caught how many like Armstrong slipped through the cracks yet you think I'm not credible because I'm not getting worked up over one rider? piss on that shit.

Grow up, Armstrong got caught cheating in a sport that's rampant with cheaters. get mad about the sport itself and it's culture of corruption from the top down.

Did he throw people under the bus, you bet and who cares really. The people he screwed over were for the most part every bit as guilty as him, most having already been caught and were just whistle blowing to save their own careers.

Sorry if my cynical outlook bothers you but like I said, I refuse to pretend Armstrong performed some evil deed in a pristine environment, He was a snake in a pit full of snakes.
    but has every rider tested positive? you all can't use that defense for Armstrong, and then once he is definitively guilty jump to "well the whole sport is full of cheaters".

you see how hypocritical that is, right?

proof that im not godzuki ^^^^^^^

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    proof that im not godzuki ^^^^^^^

lol who said you were? granted i did have a budaas account back in the day...think that was my original ezboard acct.