Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

i think al jfferson >>> andrew bynum

Intelligent fan

No wonder why people hate Laker fans. People were saying the EXACT same thing about Kobe.

"Kid is a chucker"
    " Kobe is a choker"
    " I can't believe we trade Vlade for this high school kid"
    " Jerry West should never draft again"

I am obsessed with demonizing Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    What Al Jefferson is accomplishing this year, and what he will accomplish next year is something Bynum can only dream of. I find it funny how almost every Laker fan considers Bynum untradeable...even for the likes of KG or Dwight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    No wonder why people hate Laker fans. People were saying the EXACT same thing about Kobe.

"Kid is a chucker"
    " Kobe is a choker"
    " I can't believe we trade Vlade for this high school kid"
    " Jerry West should never draft again"

Ummmm noooo. You're dead wrong.

When we got Shaquille, trading Vlade made all the sense in the world and everyone was excited about Kobe's potential.
    At first people liked Jones better because he was a more complete player and he played D but it was obvious that Kobe was eventually going to surpass him.
    Kobe was already able to average 20 ppg in his 2nd year. Bynum OTOH is getting starters minutes and he's just not producing like that.
    You can't compare Bynum to Kobe because it's a whole different level of talent.

After Kobe's first SPL few things were obvious.. That boy was destined for greatness. Still, people critized him for shooting too much etc but eventually he became a fan favorite.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beau_boy04

k garnett
    10.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.8 apg
    17.0 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 3.1 apg

Andrew Bynum
    1.6 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.2 apg
    8.4 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg

i see a progress so for and as long as he develops dont get influence by the biggest bust kwame he'll be good in a year or two
    After looking at these stats, you can really see how insane the idea of trading Garnett for any package headed by Bynum is. Garnett was an All-star his second year out of higschool while Bynum is still at a point where people claim that he at the very least needs Steve Nash to pass him the ball so he could score. Who did Garnett have his first year in the league to set him up? Aging Terry Porter well past his prime.

Oh, and since we're throwin stats out, Kwame's first 2 years:

4.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.8apg
    7.4 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.7apg

Is that really all that different from Bynum's stats?

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Why don't you guys stick to the ****ing topic instead of throwing out little petty insults like "Laker fans said this and Laker fans act like..."

A genuine 7 foot player with a soft touch around the basket and decent offensive footwork is so rare in this league that even if he turns out to be a 16 8 kind of player he would be a top 5 centre in this league given its current state. The guy has upside but if we can get a superstar low post player ala kg by having to lose him I would do it and i have said this all along.

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gb8
    A genuine 7 foot player with a soft touch around the basket and decent offensive footwork is so rare in this league that even if he turns out to be a 16 8 kind of player he would be a top 5 centre in this league given its current state. The guy has upside but if we can get a superstar low post player ala kg by having to lose him I would do it and i have said this all along.
    A soft touch doesn't mean you basically throw four straight inside shots off the back of the rim. His 'touch' is very, very overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
    A soft touch doesn't mean you basically throw four straight inside shots off the back of the rim. His 'touch' is very, very overrated.
    One game doesnt provide a meaningfull sample size to judge his touch, I have seen enough games to get a good idea his finishing around the basket and I have been impressed. Just because he missed four gimmes doesnt mean he has a bad touch.

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gb8
    One game doesnt provide a meaningfull sample size to judge his touch, I have seen enough games to get a good idea his finishing around the basket and I have been impressed. Just because he missed four gimmes doesnt mean he has a bad touch.
    So, that was just a string of bad luck? Or did he just panic because the great defensive force known as Andrew Bogut was breathing down his neck?

I haven't just watched 'one game.' Hard to when the Lakers get shoved down your throat nationally.

Intelligent fan

So, that was just a string of bad luck? Or did he just panic because the great defensive force known as Andrew Bogut was breathing down his neck?

I haven't just watched 'one game.' Hard to when the Lakers get shoved down your throat nationally.
    Kobe misses 4 shots in a row sometimes, more than one game. I guess he just sucks or his touch isn't that great.

So are you honestly contending that the kid doesnt have a soft touch around the basket? So he misses 4 shots in one game big friggin deal, one game proves nothing and yes 4 shots can be bad luch its not like he was held to 6 points on 3 of 15 shooting.

Superstar

I'll say it over and over again. Lakers should trade Bynum if they can get someone like KG or Pau. Dont know why thats considered "not being a fan" by some but w/e

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    u think? C'mon man, they aren't even comparble. Jefferson is far far more advanced than Bynum.

I love LAaaaaaaaaaaa! Lakers Fan's Avatar

Damn some of these idiots wanted Bynum traded out bad!

The next time they think they know better than Laker management, they should think twice.