Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #181
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

C'mon guys you honestly can't be this lost.
Who makes their teammates better, Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan?

Can you not comprehend the fact that Kobe is a SG, and Nash is a PG...PG's job is to ASSIST their teammates...SG's job is to SCORE. And honestly, with the inconsistant play of Odom early in the year...Kobe had to focus mainly on scoring, and he did that. He also was top 5 in assists among SG's, so obviously Nash makes his teammates better...hence he's the PG of that team, and his job is to "assist" his teammates.

I mean am I off track or something?
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #182
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

Zo is a traitor to everyone. Wade should be pissed, but he's propably not cuz even Wade obeys Kobe's every demand.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #183
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Here's the audio right here and it doesn't match necessarily the excerpt that was posted. But yeah here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/n8xc42

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 07-07-2006 at 07:52 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #184
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Alonso basicly said what seems to be the trendy answer by most current nba players in that they view kobe to be the best in the league. I recall Amare saying something similar aswell as guys like lebron and damon stoudamire saying something similar. Why is it so difficult for some people to understand that Kobe may be the best of the elite guards currently? Vice versa that obviously doesnt mean that Kobe somehow achieves jordan GOAT like status overnight if ever? btw i appreciate the small list of examples i just stated but they are off the top of my head.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #185
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

In terms of the Heat being stacked, I for one was one of those people that thought that they were a mish mash of players that would not be able to function properly because of what i felt were their clashing skillsets. But Riley did a great job and the Heat basicly got down to playing some hard nosed defense, People keep overlooking the great job Haslem was able to do on Dirk. And wade being i feel one of the smartest players with an uncanny feel for the game took the Mavs D to the cleaners.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #186
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Certainly this goes on, however the point is I've never seen it done with the kind of consistancy and intensity that Bryat fans do it. It's like they see him in "what I know he could do" instead of what he actually DOES.

Nope, Lakers fans see the things that Kobe has DONE.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:40 AM   #187
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
You're in denial. Kobe has neither talent to dominate against tough teams nor does have the temperament that inspires fellow players to play over their capability.

meh, he can't dominate against tough teams? the heat needed 6 games to beat dallas while kobe (yeah, him and not the lakers) needed 30-something minutes to drop 62 on dallas that decided the outcome of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
That's really the only reason why Kobe couldn't get it done with an old Payton while Wade did it with even an older one.

jason williams started.

--

i'm not going to say who's better: him or wade. there were times when he was better than wade and there were times when wade was better. and besides wade's still 3 years old in the league, he'll likely get better. no point in arguing that part (well i'm biased, i think lebron will be better than both of them..heh).

ciao~
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:59 AM   #188
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

and as for who deserved the mvp this year, well that kind of question goes on and on. if you ask me, i think kidd deserved the mvp when he went second to duncan in the balloting as well as shaq and iverson deserving it more last year ;p
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: