Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Which will end their career with the Heat? James, Wade, Bosh? [thread about loyalty]

Would James move teams again? How about Bosh? Will Wade die as a Heat?

Feel free to discuss other players, such as Bryant and Nowitzki, both of which I believe would die with the Lakers and Mavs, respectively.

How about Joe Johnson? Howard? Durant?

And I know some people can argue that moving teams is not always about loyalty.
    Last edited by no pun intended; 09-28-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Title change.

Default Re: Which will end their career with the Heat? James, Wade, Bosh? [thread about loyalty]

Wade will. Maybe Bosh, doubt Bronzy does.

Can't see Kobe, Nash, Dirk, Pierce, Rose, Rondo, Pau, Deron Williams, or Gerald Wallace suiting up in another jersey off the top of my head.

Default Re: Which will end their career with the Heat? James, Wade, Bosh? [thread about loyalty]

I think Bron is the most likely out of the three to jump ship.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Wade ain't leaving Miami. He will retire there.

With Lebron, it will depend on how much they win. I can see him going to the Lakers once Kobe is gone though.

Banned

Dwyane Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

With Lebron, it will depend on how much they win. I can see him going to the Lakers once Kobe is gone though.
    Ditto. Isn't he on like a 4 year deal? I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave, again.

Hopefully, Dwight stays. Wade will die as a Miami Heat member.

Wade, Bosh stay.... Lebron leaves....

Good High School Starter evilmonkey's Avatar

What is loyalty in the NBA anyways? Its all business.... i do whats best for me and my family, you do whats best for you. If you want "loyalty" then go to your local high school team.

Wade

Didn't they all sign 6 year deals? I think all 3 will retire with the heat..

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

As a fan, I personally wouldn't consider it disloyal if Wade left after his contract was up in 5 years. He's done more than enough for Miami in terms of winning and donations.

Same with Zo, when he first left Miami, I didn't blame him one bit. He definitely deserved to have his jersey retired here.

I can understand Cavs fans calling LeBron disloyal in terms of not keeping his promise, but I mean Shaq was quoted saying "And we're going to win the championship next year as well" after 2006. I wouldn't use the world "disloyal" to describe Shaq's demand for a trade two seasons later. That's just the way he is.

If LeBron packs up after his contract to a better team or back to Cleveland, I would definitely not call him disloyal.

Lebron and Bosh have been in Miami 2 minutes, why would we think they will retire there? It's possiblt but that's such a stretch. Wade of course...

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    As a fan, I personally wouldn't consider it disloyal if Wade left after his contract was up in 5 years. He's done more than enough for Miami in terms of winning and donations.

Same with Zo, when he first left Miami, I didn't blame him one bit. He definitely deserved to have his jersey retired here.

I can understand Cavs fans calling LeBron disloyal in terms of not keeping his promise, but I mean Shaq was quoted saying "And we're going to win the championship next year as well" after 2006. I wouldn't use the world "disloyal" to describe Shaq's demand for a trade two seasons later. That's just the way he is.

If LeBron packs up after his contract to a better team or back to Cleveland, I would definitely not call him disloyal.
    That is entirely different, Shaq promised Miami a championship which they got. He then left once he was out of his prime. Lebron promised but never won. He then bailed at the age of 25 and in his prime.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Wade will stay. My guess is that Bosh stays with Wade too.

LeBron, I think he leaves eventually. He has the least to gain of the 3 by staying imo. If he's still the same player he is now after 4-6 years, imo he leaves to go join a strong team he can fit in well with so he can win on his own. He seems the least excited of the 3 by far after all. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

No way. Playing in L.A. would be 10x worse than playing in Chicago. He at least never directly competed against MJ, and the city (at this point) is a dozen years removed from MJ and his last title. Meanwhile going to play in Kobe's former nest? That's be just embarrassing to his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr
    Didn't they all sign 6 year deals? I think all 3 will retire with the heat..
    They all have an opt-out after 4 years. LeBron will be like 32 after the 6-year deal's up, turning 33 shortly into the next season.

I'm not sure how much he'll have left after that point. He clearly won't be the same player he is now. The Heat pretty much have these guys for the best parts of their careers. Especially LeBron who's only 26 right now. 26-32 is basically the best part of a guard/SF's career usually. Barring injury of course.

I don't think LeBron opts out unless they win 3-4 titles and he wants to win one without them really badly to "prove that he can".

3-time NBA All-Star

I could see Lebron going to New York or Brooklyn after 6 years just cause of the same reasons people have always speculated. I would assume that by that time those teams would at least be one piece away from being contenders and that piece could be Lebron. They might already have Melo and/or CP3 there too (Amare as well, but he'll be old by then). I could also see him going to Chicago to play with Rose who will be in his prime by then. I definitely do not see him going to a small market though such as OKC or Portland regardless of how good they might be at that time.