Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Default Re: Paul Pierce out two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Masters
    Apparently we're not allowed to show concern that our best player is out for 2 weeks because we're "getting our excuses ready".

So we can't even mention our injuries once.
    OK, we suck. Magic>>>Celtics, happy?

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by west
    So we can't even mention our injuries once.
    OK, we suck. Magic>>>Celtics, happy?
    Did you say injury???? Excuses, excuses, excuses. Celtic fans are pathetic, SMH.

Default Re: Pierce will miss Christmas day game

Quote Originally Posted by B-Diddy=2Easy
    A couple of weeks? what the fck? This cant be happening. Pierce was suppose to make his 8th allstar game this year.
    Pierce gets a lot of votes and right now he has the 2nd more vote by a SF and the 4th most by a forward

Default Re: Paul Pierce out for 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by rfm767
    Shouldn't affect more than having KG , Rondo or Allen out. Pierce is the weaker link in those big 4 imho
    I disagree.

1) We have back ups for those other guys:
    Sheed/Scal/ And Baby when he returns for KG
    TA for Ray Allen
    House for Rondo

But for Pierce we have TA playing out of position. I don't see either Ray or TA doing well guarding SF.

2) Pierce is Boston's closer.
    in a close game Pierce has the ability to take over even if he is off like the other day. The Celtics are going to miss his ability to be a triple threat type player sure Ray is a sharp shooter but he can't create his shot or shots for others in the same fashion as a Paul Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I just looked at the skedj, they only have 6 games in the next 2 weeks + 1 day:
    @ Orlando
    @ Clippers
    @ Warriors
    @ Suns
    Toronto
    @ Miami

Orlando and Phoenix are the only games that worry me. But Baby will be back after Orlando supposedly. That will help.

I'm thinking Pierce will play Miami since that's 15 days from last night...
    @ Warriors seems like a game Celtic fans shouldn't worry about but the C's never win there well not in the last 6 years at least. Even last year when they were up close to 20 pt they found a way to lose @ Oracle.

Man, Pierce already missed an allstar game because he was injured, if this happens again I'm going to be devastated.

Everybody already knows not having Pierce is going to kill us. Seriously, we're going to get creamed by the Magic on X-mas. I'm thinking more about Pierce's career and legacy

That schedule just got 3x tougher. I only see 2 wins there, against the Clips and Warriors.
    2 weeks shouldn't have that much affect on Pierce making or missing the ASG. However, if you care about his legacy than you should know championships is what strengthen resumes not ASG. Perhaps Pierce is better off missing the ASG and getting rest so he is fresh for May/June.

Even without the capt I like their chances against Toronto and even @ Miami. Hell I wouldn't be suprised if they beat Orl and Phx but I don't count on it.

Gotta love West LA

Pierce apparently had an arthroscopic wash out of the knee joint. Hopefully it will improve after the wash out and with antibiotics. But with joint infections, they can linger and it wouldn't be surprising to see him out longer than 2 weeks because they sometimes require repeated irrigations.

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Pierce will miss Christmas day game

Man, Pierce already missed an allstar game because he was injured, if this happens again I'm going to be devastated.

Everybody already knows not having Pierce is going to kill us. Seriously, we're going to get creamed by the Magic on X-mas. I'm thinking more about Pierce's career and legacy.

Blu Ray

this thread sucks

this is a good time for Rondo to take the next step. He has been playing good lately avg'ing 14/11 this month but he is going to need to aggressively look for his offense like he did when KG went down last season.

Also this mgiht be a break through opportunity for Tony Allen. TA has looked solid so far in limited mins but he has always been a player who has been much better as a starter then a reserve. Hopefully he can be a nice surprise for the Celtics.

Looking at their schedule they will be fine.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Looking at their schedule they will be fine.
    Yeah, the only teams they really have to worry about the next 2 weeks are Orlando, Phoenix and Atlanta who they play twice. Other than that they play the Clippers, Warriors, Raptors(twice), Heat and Nets.

They'll probably go 8-2 or 7-3 at worst.

3-Point Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    What are you talking about? Not one Celtic fan said we're gonna lose because of Pierce's injury.
    The hell? If you think we're beating the Magic without Pierce, you're on crack.

Perhaps Pierce is better off missing the ASG and getting rest so he is fresh for May/June.
    Blasphemy!

this thread sucks
    Last edited by B-Diddy=2Easy; 12-24-2009 at 08:14 AM.

The hell? If you think we're beating the Magic without Pierce, you're on crack.
    The Celtics can absolutely beat the Magic without PP as long as the D shows up. This is where other guys need to step up (Tony the Tiger, I'm looking in your direction...)

3-Point Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    The Celtics can absolutely beat the Magic without PP as long as the D shows up. This is where other guys need to step up (Tony the Tiger, I'm looking in your direction...)
    You're nuts. You are not even keeping it realistic, and don't give me that "am I Celtics fan and I believe" BS. We're not winning this game without Pierce. Truthfully, I didn't think we were going to win with Pierce. Stan Van gundy is a crafty coach. I fully expect the double teams he was going to use on Pierce to now be focused on Ray Allen.

Magic by 10+

You're nuts. You are not even keeping it realistic, and don't give me that "am I Celtics fan and I believe" BS.
    Its 1 game. I'm not saying the C's can beat the Magic is a series without PP (although that's not totally out of hand either), but if KG, Perk, and Sheed defend the paint and someone fills in for PP's point production, they can surely win. The Celtics without PP are still better than 75% of the teams.