Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Deron "I'm a system player"

This makes me sad hearing a player like Deron say that he is a system player.

I'll refrain from posting an opinion on this as it will take an entire page but here is the quote and the link on the interview.

"I was injured the first year (and needed season-ending right wrist surgery)," Williams said Monday, a day before the Nets host the Jazz at Barclays Center. "I've really had injuries while I've been with (the Nets) the whole time. And didn't have the talent around me that I did (with the Jazz).

"And that system (in Utah) was a great system for my style of play. I'm a system player, and I loved Coach (Jerry) Sloan's system. I loved the offense there. We could've been a really good team. We just weren't that good defensively as a group."

This puts Avery on the hot seat because Avery' system was questioned and Deron said "I believe I can adjust to it". I personally find it embarrassing that his performance on offense and defense leads him to blame the system.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...rade-utah-jazz

College star

Default Re: Deron "I'm a system player"

If he loved Sloan, why did he drive him out of town?

This is karma for him.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

he forced sloan to retirement. this is karma. sometimes arrogant players don't know how good they have it till it's gone

LOL at anyone who thought this niqqa was better than CP3.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

He's fine.

The system isn't the best but it's more that he needs a legit big man than anything else.

Deron tends to say things in a way that don't sound positive. He's like a grouchy old man when he talks. It sounded like a shot at Avery but i'm not sure that was his intent.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

I don't get Net fans bitching about Deron now. He basically tried when he wanted to for a year and a half. He took a week off to be with his wife having a baby with her having no complications. Not a day, a week. If his arm hurt, he'd take two weeks off. If you mentioned it, Net fans had a cow. Now he is legitimately hurt and everyone is nitpicking him.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I don't get Net fans bitching about Deron now. He basically tried when he wanted to for a year and a half. He took a week off to be with his wife having a baby with her having no complications. Not a day, a week. If his arm hurt, he'd take two weeks off. If you mentioned it, Net fans had a cow. Now he is legitimately hurt and everyone is nitpicking him.
    Lol, who cares what happened two years ago. We sucked, nothing was under the microscope. Now that we're good, we can't have our star players playing like a scrub then making an excuse by saying "I'm a system player", and "I might be able to adjust to Avery's system". I want Deron to get the surgery and be out for two months to fully heal. It will deeply hurt our HCA chances but I'll be fine with that.

More like, "I'm a shitty player," am I right?????

I usually hit open layups

I'm sure Boozer feels the same way, best pick and roll or pick and pop coach, perfect for both their styles.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Who is turning on him besides VC3?

A lot of us our happy with the team we got. Without Deron rejuvenating us where would we be?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

I've never been high on Deron Williams. He is still an above average PG but the system in Utah made him look like an elite PG. Like Steve Nash, he is a system PG; take him out of it and he'll struggle.

To be fair, lots of players in the league do better in a certain type of system. Only a few players, like Lebron and Durant to name a few, are "plug in and play" players at an elite level.

"But But you can't limit a point guard like D-Will and that's why Jerry got fired"

AM I RIGHT?

Said the same Nets fan who then quotes the same point guard claiming that he loved that limited system that allowed him to play to his strengths.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Name a great player that didn't have a system around him that made him shine. People here use the word system as if it means a bad thing. Duncan had a great system around him. Jordan too. Nearly every player needs to have a great system in place for them to excel.