Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default McGrady says shoulder arthritic, knee slow to heal

McGrady says shoulder arthritic, knee slow to heal

By CHRIS DUNCAN, AP Sports Writer
    9 minutes ago

HOUSTON (AP)—The Houston Rockets, buzzing about the arrival of Ron Artest, already have injury concerns with Tracy McGrady.

Houston’s leading scorer said Monday that his left shoulder is arthritic and will require surgery after this season. He also said his left knee is healing slower than expected from surgery in the spring.

McGrady sprained his shoulder against Sacramento on March 24, and wore padding to protect it for the rest of the season. He had surgery in May to clear loose tissue in his shoulder and knee. He said his knee is “probably 75-80 percent” healthy and will take another two months to fully heal.

McGrady said an MRI revealed the arthritis in his shoulder.

“That’s something I’ve got to deal with again this season,” said McGrady, who averaged 21.6 points last season and was selected third-team all-NBA. “My knee should be ready to go by opening night.”

McGrady said the shoulder injury was not going to keep him out of practices or games, but added that, “it’s going to bother me.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Default Re: McGrady says shoulder arthritic, knee slow to heal

Great now he can play with injuries from the beginning of the season. This is new.....

NBA lottery pick

A fully healthy mcgrady is never gonna be seen again. so i'll gladly take a 80
    % fit tracy from here on.gotta remember he was in a much worse shape last season and still managed 27 in the playoffs.

NBA lottery pick

Well go figure. Perhaps a healthy Mcgrady will never be seen again in the future.

I am calling it: Mcgrady misses 10-16 games this season.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    Well go figure. Perhaps a healthy Mcgrady will never be seen again in the future.

You just figured that out?.

you know alot of people knock on mcgrady but its not his fault he hets injured alot. unlucky. like grant hill but not as drastic. and when he comes back form injury, he isnt 100% going into the playoffs. he's injured and beat up...

im not trying to make excuses for the guy or being a homer because when weve lost ive put the blame on him. its just that people have gone as far as saying he's not a top 10 SG in the league.

Gotta feel bad for the Rockets. Artest will help alleviate any pressure TMac feels to hurry back to game time. But you gotta wonder, with Battier and TMac banged up from the get go, and the possibility of post olympic Yao...

Goes to show franchises (Orlando) that when you have a young superstar, the time to make a winning team is now instead of trying to build around them for a few years and then going for it. (Cleveland?)

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8

lol way to go out on a limb there...

Its really sad to see a player of Tracy McGrady's caliber break down at such an early stage. Unfortunately, this likely will begin the real decline of T-Mac. That arthritic shoulder is not something that just goes away. Its going to linger in and out of him for the rest of his career. I heard a few years back that T-Mac has a back condition and people said it would likely be the reason he retires. I have no link, its just something I vaguely remember hearing. Wish the best to him, I hate to see great players decline earlier than they should

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    A fully healthy mcgrady is never gonna be seen again. so i'll gladly take a 80
    % fit tracy from here on.gotta remember he was in a much worse shape last season and still managed 27 in the playoffs.
    He has done pretty well playing injured, especially last season.

Adelman's really gotta make a rotation where nobody plays more than 36 minutes all regular season long.

Decent college freshman

I would love to see Mcgrady get a ring and stay healthy for a season, but unfortunately injuries are all to common in the world of sports and you just have to deal with them. It's too bad you can't just turn injuries off like in NBA 2k8.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Its really sad to see a player of Tracy McGrady's caliber break down at such an early stage. Unfortunately, this likely will begin the real decline of T-Mac. That arthritic shoulder is not something that just goes away. Its going to linger in and out of him for the rest of his career. I heard a few years back that T-Mac has a back condition and people said it would likely be the reason he retires. I have no link, its just something I vaguely remember hearing. Wish the best to him, I hate to see great players decline earlier than they should
    Yeah every McGrady fan knows this feeling, it's like he never gets a break. And he has a chronic back problem, not sure about the details, but he has had minimal problems with it the last 2 years because of this special doctor he saw. But of course knowing his luck he started getting injuries to his knee, elbow and shoulder.

Injuries really do suck ass.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    I would love to see Mcgrady get a ring and stay healthy for a season, but unfortunately injuries are all to common in the world of sports and you just have to deal with them. It's too bad you can't just turn injuries off like in NBA 2k8.
    lol I would kill for that power.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    He has done pretty well playing injured, especially last season.

Adelman's really gotta make a rotation where nobody plays more than 36 minutes all regular season long.
    Personally think with the addition of artest, there will be games where mcgrady depending on matchups might play around 25 minutes. adelman knows mcgrady has the ability to start scoring big points in the playoffs, but it's paramount to keep him somewhat healthy and fresh till then. expect mcgrady's minutes to reduce.

3-time NBA All-Star

If T-Mac got the surgery now, how much of the season would he miss?

As long as everybody's on the court come playoff time