Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 11:46 AM   #16
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: Trinidad will fight Jones Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Problem is is that just about every fighter worth watching is already well into their 30s

Trindad
Jones
Oscar
Hopkins
Mosley
Vargas
The Crazy hispanic cigarette smoker
Winky Wright
Tarver
etc......

All these guys have to do and will do is continue to fight each other over and over again. Just watch. You may see a Jones/Oscar fight in 2009 Wright/Tarver fight. It's just going to keep going as long as the general interest is there.

Those are the fighters that AREN'T worth watching (not including Winky). There are plenty of young exciting boxers if you are really interested in the sport.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #17
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

If you think Shane Mosley is not worth watching, then you don't know boxing.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #18
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Shouldn't this topic be in the 'Off the Court' board?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Two washed up fighters who should have fought atleast two times in thier primes set to fight? My care factor meter is still sitting at zero. Trinidad hasnt fought in 2 years. Roy's last 2 fights went the distance vs bums. What does this accomplish? Prove? Oh that you can add a "name" to your record. That you can fool people like Lebron23 into buying the fight/attending the fight. And that you want some of the ATTENTION that smaller fighters/weights have been getting.

This is a fight i wait for to come on cable as the replay. Whjat next...Roy vs Hopkins in the spring of 08?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #20
krazy19
Serious playground baller

krazy19 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Whjat next...Roy vs Hopkins in the spring of 08?

Sad thing is.. its a possibility.
krazy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #21
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Whjat next...Roy vs Hopkins in the spring of 08?

Don't be surprised if that actually happens. It's just like pro wrestling with folks like Hulk Hogan and Macho Man who keep coming back out of "retirement". There's always gonna be a fan base that gravitates towards these old timers. Hell, Mike Tyson can fight till he's 50 if he wants to and still draw a crowd, and I'll be right there with the rest of the dolts watching and arguing up and down that he will be champ again.

*I wouldn't mind seeing Mike pummel that overrated ass Joe Mesi (the latest HBO kid wonder)*
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #22
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Shouldn't this topic be in the 'Off the Court' board?

scuse me. but who the hell are u?
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is one reason i cant stand boxing no more. Too much pussyfooting going on. Should be mandatory 3 fights a year. 4 every other if you can. You should fight the best of the best. But $$$, politics and egos of fighters screw it all up. Its like a mofo could get 3 fights but he will fight 3 unknowns...and those 3 unknowns would be mysterously ranked high as justication of some sorts. Give me a break.

Maybe I'm not the one being realistic? If I was Floyd I would have took on Hatton, Kosta, Shane Mosley already. Cotto (end of this year). I could go on and on but how I do it is I look at the boxing rankings, the top fighters and I feel I'm #1 (if I'm Floyd I am #1) and I take on 2-5 in that weight class. Move up, take belts, take out 2-5...move up and so on. Then towards the end I'll take on the tough fight. Like I'll get in the ring with Winky Wright. If I win? Hey, Hopkins you interested?

Retire...and then have people marvel at my career.

I'm not gonna take on a mofo I could have fought 2-3yrs ago. Shyts dumb.

*rant over*

@the mike tyson comment...but u are right. My friend still thinks he can unify the heavyweight division
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: