Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: What will Baron Davis do now with Brand joining Sixers? Join Clips still, back out?

I don't think Brand was really into this whole evolution that Clip's front office was jelling.
    Brand's signing with 6'rs really states to me -
    Brand was sick of playing for a loser club , and wants in on the playoff's.

HE got his wish , and from I understand Philly has some good music as well.

Baron Davis - if smart should crawl or roller skate back to the Warriors where he was considered a cult.
    Unless Lakers through him a bomb.

Baron jumping ship (GS) really is confusing . (unless he heard it was sinking)

Default Re: What will Baron Davis do now with Brand joining Sixers? Join Clips still, back ou

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    I don't think Brand was really into this whole evolution that Clip's front office was jelling.

Baron Davis - if smart should crawl or roller skate back to the Warriors where he was considered a cult.

BD had beef with Nellie... game against the Suns, if the Warriors won it would have put them in position to make the playoffs. BD didn't get off the bench the entire 2nd half

Learning to shoot layups NeighborhoodKid's Avatar

Default Re: What will Baron Davis do now with Brand joining Sixers? Join Clips still, back ou

i am still laughing at all these "fans" who were saying the clips were gonna be top 4 or 6 in the West.

if BD doesn't sign they could be worst in the league. seriously

Quote Originally Posted by NeighborhoodKid
    i am still laughing at all these "fans" who were saying the clips were gonna be top 4 or 6 in the West.

if BD doesn't sign they could be worst in the league. seriously

couldn't be more true... with a healthy Thornton/Kaman/BD they'll win close to 40, without BD they'll win 18 games or so. So much pressure on BD, I really hope he bolts

Saw a basketball once

Reason 1, and Reason 2 that the the Clippers and Baron Davis lost in this one. The Clips look bad for not planning ahead. I think Baron is a fool for signing with a team with so much uncertainty, and he looks bad if he backs out at this point. Not a Clippers fan but I hate to see them fall apart like this. Thank god for an interesting offseason.
    Last edited by Ballstar1982; 07-09-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Serious playground baller

Default Re: What will Baron Davis do now with Brand joining Sixers? Join Clips still, back out?

I heard the Clips are going to offer large deals to Jsmoov and Okafor, it is possible that 1 of them passes on the large contact.

If they got Smith and Baron, that could an exciting and interesting team to watch.

B. Diddy leading the break with 3 extremely athletic high flying finishers in Smith, Thornton, and Eric Gordon.

Decent college freshman

They didn't want to pay him. He tried negotiatiating a long term deal with them when it was time for an extension. They kept blowing him off. Then finally they offered him a 2 year deal for 28 million.

He wanted a 5 year deal. The Clippers gave it to him and then he booked.

Decent college freshman

They didn't want to pay him. He tried negotiating a long term deal with them when it was time for an extension. They kept blowing him off. Then finally they offered him a 2 year deal for 28 million.

He wanted a 5 year deal. The Clippers gave it to him and then he booked.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    baron should go back to the warriors, they have 9-10 million in cap space even after they sign ellis and biedrins.. they can give BD a 5 year 50 million deal.. which is dirt cheap but they would have a good chance at PO's with Maggette
    They won't give him over 2 years.

Baron to the Lakers for the MLE

Baron just signed

[QUOTE]
    The Los Angeles Clippers today solidified their point guard position for years to come with the announced signing of free agent Baron Davis to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced.

A two-time NBA All-Star (2002 and 2004), Davis averaged 21.8 points (12th in the NBA), 7.6 assists (6th in the NBA), 4.7 rebounds and 2.33 steals (3rd in the NBA) while playing in all 82 games for the Golden State Warriors during the 2007-08 season. Davis was just one of four players in the league last season to average 20+ points and seven+ assists (Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Chris Paul) per game. The 6

Is nba.com airing the Baron Davis press conference?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Hate to lose him. Good luck with Clips BD.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Reasons why I didnt see Baron backing out:

He already reffered to Golden State as the past and he was looking foward to Los Angeles

Hes from LA so backing out would really have upset alot of people in his hometown

He gets to run his business in LA now, hes closer to Black Wall Street and the rest of his crew.

:3

Can someone change the thread title?

Welcome to LA, BD.