Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    I'm with Stern on this although he should have been angry last year as well. Pop's actions are unacceptable and a slap in the face to:

- TNT who paid an outrageous sum to broadcast the game
    - Advertisers who paid TNT to run ads tonight
    - Fans eager for a great early-season matchup
    - Customers who spent their hard-earned money to go to the game

Chuck might still salvage the entertainment value of this broadcast but I hope Stern brings the hammer down...
    This is sports and things happen.

What if they were legitimately injured? Would Stern still issue a statement apologizing?

This is sports and things happen whether Pop decided to sit them or not.

Guess what?...The Spurs can make a statement saying that all 4 players got back spasms and cannot play.

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    This. People are bitching just to be bitching. First the Spurs are boring, now everyone wants to see them play? Lol
    STFU

plenty of people enjoy watching the spurs play, and this was supposed to be one of the best games so far this year, that plenty of people were looking forward to

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    STFU

plenty of people enjoy watching the spurs play, and this was supposed to be one of the best games so far this year, that plenty of people were looking forward to
    They don't owe it to entertain you when they can risk injury.

Do you want one of those 4 players to get hurt while entertaining you? These guys are doing what's best for their body and team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    But dude... you're not supposed to be excited! ... This is barely even an NBA game, man.
    I'm excited because I always see stars play. I see them play almost everyday! However, I've yet to see Patty Mills play other than that one Olympic game against Team USA, never seen DeColo play a single second, etc. This is all new to me and that's why I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    I'm excited because I always see stars play. I see them play almost everyday! However, I've yet to see Patty Mills play other than that one Olympic game against Team USA, never seen DeColo play a single second, etc. This is all new to me and that's why I'm excited!

That'll fade once they get blown off the floor.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Well, the Spurs have a 5 point lead after the first. Popovich's move must hve changed the original Miami game plan, I suppose.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    I was being sarcastic. People complaining about this shit are sounding like huge cry babies IMO. In NBA, teams could sit their best players and the game still be competitive and fun to watch. Spurs bench is almost as good as some teams starting lineups.... Point being, you have every right to be excited! and I don't blame you. The Spurs have great players outside of those that are not playing.

People really put to much emphasis on the stars over the team.

I'm sitting here watching a pretty good game, from a spurs offense that's great regardless of who's on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Good.

Popovich is responsible for the long term performance of his team, not anything else.
    This.

But apparently Pop is responsible for the satisfaction of freaking Heat fans.

You guys have to understand that Pop's job is to win as many games as possible. That and the health and preservation of his team is his only concern. Duncan and Parker have been playing their asses off and that's why we're 9-1 on the road and have won five straight. If Pop feels their spent and feels that the health of his key players are at risk, then who the hell is anyone else to say he can't sit them? This will be their fourth game in five nights while the Heat have been off since Saturday! I mean what kind of bullshit scheduling is that?

The fact that its on TNT is irrelevant. Whether or not you paid a ticket is irrelevant. That's not Pop's concern. People don't even watch the Spurs, but when Pop rests his players on his own accord, people throw a fit. But if Timmy were to play tonight and sprain his ankle, people wouldn't give a shit. We've lost two players to this bullshit scheduling already. Its only when Pop makes the choice to make health a priority before something happens, that people throw a fit. Psh, **** them. Prepare for the Finals. Games in November don't mean shit.

And how the **** are you going to fine Pop for resting his players now, when every top team is going to be doing it the last week of the season. To fine coaches now and not then simply because its socially acceptable to do so at the end of the season would be hypocritical to the highest degree. There's no two ways to it. How can the commissioner fine the coach because he doesn't agree with his coaching decisions at this point of the season? They obviously have a conflict of interest. Pop has to worry about the team, Stern has to worry about the image of the league. So even worse, Stern would be fining Pop for doing his job and choosing to not ignore the best interests of his team and put Stern's interests ahead of his own.

Pop ain't in the wrong here at all gentleman. Its pretty simple. Health is more important than winning Heat games, even if they're on TNT. One win isn't more valuable than the other. That's why they didn't sit out yesterday, because the win in Orlando would have been easier to get. This is much better than sitting out against Orlando, loosing, then going balls to the wall today in the fourth game in five nights, just to lose close to Miami because they haven't played since the damn weekend. Get real people. Think for a second. Shit is chess, not checkers. Put yourself in Pop's shoes. This was obviously the smart choice for the team.

Wade needs to get his act together.

Local High School Star

The Spurs should be fined and probably will be. Pop sent them home. They aren't even injured. Pop could at least kept them with the team. I was looking forward to seeing this matchup. I enjoy watching both these teams play.

This isn't good for the league and you best believe Stern will put the smack down. lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32
    The Spurs should be fined and probably will be. Pop sent them home. They aren't even injured. Pop could at least kept them with the team. I was looking forward to seeing this matchup. I enjoy watching both these teams play.

This isn't good for the league and you best believe Stern will put the smack down. lol.
    The 4 have back spasms.

They had to be treated back at home.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32

Other teams did this before. And the Spurs did this plenty of times in the past. Pop has a record of doing this. He cares less of the regular season games.

NBA Superstar

they should take away all Spurs nationally televised games and fine them a couple mill. Pop might not care but the owner probably will.

this spits in the face of everyone who bought a ticket, bought league pass, and is a NBA fan. what idiot wants to watch a game of bench players vs starters?

Decent playground baller nbarumorz's Avatar

34-36 right now, Spurs. I will be so happy if the Spurs won this shorthanded while Stern is calling Popp's coaching style "disrespectful and detrimental" to the league or w/e