Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: I'm so sick of the Zimmerman/Martin story too, but this video is a must see

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    The victims of crime are almost always treated the way Trayvon was.. The killer's picture is usually a mugshot, and the victim's picture is usually the best pic they can find... zimmerman is lucky they didnt use a pic of him hugging a dog, or holding a baby.. Kissing his mom..

The media doesnt usually try to demonize the victim..

It is very sad to see people do that in this case
    Both Zimmerman and Martin were victims that night.

Default Re: I'm so sick of the Zimmerman/Martin story too, but this video is a must see

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Both Zimmerman and Martin were victims that night.

Zimmerman was the victim of his own idiocy..

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    the point is martin wasn't the innocent 12 year old kid everyone wants us to believe he was

17 years old is still very young. No matter how passionately this guy delivers his used-car sales pitch about a hulking 6 foot tall MMA fighter with a thirst for blood, it doesn't change Tryavon being a kid from my perspective.

I don't care about his "innocence". Young men make stupid choices. If he was beating the shit out of people for fun as a 25 year old man, I'd probably have a different characterization of Martin.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Zimmerman was the victim of his own idiocy..
    True, and it is still unknown who made the first physical move to start the conflict. I think Zimmerman probably showed more aggression than most of his supporters believe. Trayvon probably had Floyd Mayweather Jr. type elusiveness against him.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    True, and it is still unknown who made the first physical move to start the conflict. I think Zimmerman probably showed more aggression than most of his supporters believe. Trayvon probably had Floyd Mayweather Jr. type elusiveness against him.
    I don't support Zim, first I hate vigilantism, if you want to be a cop go be a cop. Zim tried and failed, guess what maybe that should give you hint its not for you. Second despite some evidence to the contrary i believe Zim racially profiled trayvon, and while I don't believe thought crimes should be prosecuted I have a lot of disdain for racists. Also there are different levels of racism, just because someone isn't a david duke lvl racist or a skinhead violent thug doesn't mean you cant harbour some preconceived notions about certain groups. Some people even have friends from that racial group that they think are the "good ones" they may even be extremely close friends.

Eg. My grandfather imo was a mild racist. But he had a black male friend that he went fishing with and hunting with and even included in his will. i guess he considered him a "good one". he was very judgemental about people with saggy pants and those that spoke in more stereotypically urban manner.

obama's grandmother according to him was sometimes scared when she was walking alone and saw a black man walking towards her. She was also the type of woman that raised a black child and loved him.

Zim was probably very verbally aggressive at least. I dont doubt that. his 911 call indicated he thought he was dealing with a criminal.

I just dont see how anyone can say that the physical evidence doesnt lead to the conclusion that zim got beat down and that trayvon wasnt hit once. Based on the physical evidence I think zim's claim that he shot trayvon to stop the beating is credible.

Also it was necessary for the defense to establish that trayvon had been accustomed to fighting and that fighting wasn't a huge deviation from his normal behaviour.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey4trading
    Might give you insight from a non sensationalized perspective.

Definitely made me take a step back and think. Recommend watching in its entirety (about 10 minutes)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebu6Yvz...%3DEbu6Yvzs4Ls
    that guy had his head so far up his own ass, i

This isn't really related to the topic of this thread, but I see the word "skinhead" thrown around a lot when talking about racists.

A "skinhead" is a part of cultural movement that was popularized in Britain in the 60s. On its own it has nothing to do with politics. Many groups that call themselves skinheads started their own movements. There are far-right skinheads and far-left skinheads (SHARP, or SkinHeads Against Racial Prejudice as an example).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinhea...m_and_politics

(Left-wing skinheads refer to the right-wing skinheads as "blockheads." I'm sure there's an equally charming name for left-wing skinheads that the right-wing skinheads invented.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    This isn't really related to the topic of this thread, but I see the word "skinhead" thrown around a lot when talking about racists.

A "skinhead" is a part of cultural movement that was popularized in Britain in the 60s. On its own it has nothing to do with politics. Many groups that call themselves skinheads started their own movements. There are far-right skinheads and far-left skinheads (SHARP, or SkinHeads Against Racial Prejudice as an example).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinhea...m_and_politics

(Left-wing skinheads refer to the right-wing skinheads as "blockheads." I'm sure there's an equally charming name for left-wing skinheads that the right-wing skinheads invented.)
    Yep, skinheads are all about anti-racism and kicking the shit out of nazis and all races partying together listening to the same musics

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    17 years old is still very young. No matter how passionately this guy delivers his used-car sales pitch about a hulking 6 foot tall MMA fighter with a thirst for blood, it doesn't change Tryavon being a kid from my perspective.

I don't care about his "innocence". Young men make stupid choices. If he was beating the shit out of people for fun as a 25 year old man, I'd probably have a different characterization of Martin.
    I suppose any of that makes a difference as Zimmerman is getting his face bashed in.

The victims of crime are almost always treated the way Trayvon was.. The killer's picture is usually a mugshot, and the victim's picture is usually the best pic they can find... zimmerman is lucky they didnt use a pic of him hugging a dog, or holding a baby.. Kissing his mom..

The media doesnt usually try to demonize the victim..

It is very sad to see people do that in this case
    What media outlet has demonized Trayvon? They all use a picture of him at like 5 years old lol...

   

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I suppose any of that makes a difference as Zimmerman is getting his face bashed in.
    you mean like, disregarding the reality that zimmerman stalked the teen all the way from the east side of the compound to the west and then verbally escalated things when they happened to meet?

sure, bagelred... you can choose to begin reality from right after the moments martin snapped and went after the dude. in that case you

Zimmerman is guilty for shooting a kid in a situation that he instigated but couldnt handle.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    Zimmerman is guilty for shooting a kid in a situation that he instigated but couldnt handle.
    I wish I could beat the **** out of someone who instigated me and then have them be blamed for it I would certainly have beat down some people in my day....

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    I wish I could beat the **** out of someone who instigated me and then have them be blamed for it I would certainly have beat down some people in my day....
    thats cool, but the right to shoot a kid to death even though you instigated the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    thats cool, but the right to shoot a kid to death even though you instigated the problem?
    George Zimmerman is a coward , but c'mon man....that kid was clearly a punk ass. He didn't deserve to die but it takes 2 to tangle. Trayvon has to be held somewhat accountable for his actions. 2 wrongs collided in this tragedy , there was no right