Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 105057585960616263 ... LastLast
    Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

I'm rather disappointed in Drummonds offensive game so far. He looks like he lacks any type of skills. He almost looks awkward trying to score on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    I'm rather disappointed in Drummonds offensive game so far. He looks like he lacks any type of skills. He almost looks awkward trying to score on his own.
    True fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    Go back and watch John Henson tape from his freshman year, and then watch any thing you can of him this year as a junior. It takes coaching and dedication from the player, but you can little to no offensive skill to very good offensive skill.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Go back and watch John Henson tape from his freshman year, and then watch any thing you can of him this year as a junior. It takes coaching and dedication from the player, but you can little to no offensive skill to very good offensive skill.
    About Arkansas, they were a solid team. It's true that their offense was just Young today, but i really enjoyed Abron .. for a freshman he got tons of potential.

In my opinion, their priority should be running a better offense their shot selection it's pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    About Arkansas, they were a solid team. It's true that their offense was just Young today, but i really enjoyed Abron .. for a freshman he got tons of potential.

In my opinion, their priority should be running a better offense their shot selection it's pretty bad.
    Which is somewhat expected when you're playing four freshmen and two or three sophomores in your rotation. I didn't see the game but part of Mike Anderson's "40 Minutes of Hell" is to shoot the ball quick and force the tempo. In time I think the young players will learn the difference in a quick shot and a good quick shot, but for not I can live with the growing pains.

NBA sixth man of the year

Yesterday's game was quite interesting. We did much better than I thought we would. Actually outrebounded UConn. That's Twilight Zone stuff.

Makes me wonder if we could have picked them off with Powell on the floor. Powell and Young are the only two Razorbacks that can really create their own offense.

The UConn women's program suffer a tough loss against a very tough Baylor Lady Bears squad. Hey what can you say when Brit is guarding the lane like that. The young lady is a force in the lane, on both ends of the court.

The fellas played Holy Cross....we got the win nuff said.

Go, Huskies!!

A month later!? Wow. I gotta post more just to make sure UConn gets its love. Well Ryan Boatright is sitting again. The NCAA in all of their wisdom, has more questions about Boatright and his AAU days. No offense to the NCAA but don't you think that they would have figured all of this out at the start of the year? I mean he was sitting because of NCAA and UConn having questions about a plane ticket that he received while playing AAU ball. But shouldn't all of the other issues been addressed then? Hopefully the NCAA can figure this out soon. Meanwhile, a great weekend for us Husky fans. The fellas closed out the Irish and the Lady Huskies beat down Villanova, with a strong performance by Tiff Hayes....you go, girl.

Caroline Doty, aka C-Dot, is out with knee injury. Last report, she has a bone bruise on or near her left knee area. Hope that all is well for Caroline. Great kid.

Coach Calhoun, you are in our prayers. Get well coach.

Double win weekend. The fellas got the win over Seton Hall and the ladies won against the once and powerful Rutgers. Good win, Huskies!!!

Jelly, what happened to Calhoun?

As the fellas get ready to battle Louisville later today, the ladies got a little shout out from coach C. Vivian Stringer (Rutgers) about the women's program defensive play. She gives us a lot of credit. Thanks, coach.

But like coach Auriemma states "I don't think you can have anywhere near the success that we've had without being able to play the kind of defense we play," UConn coach Geno Auriemma also adds "I think defense and success go hand-in-hand. None of the championships we've won on any level would be possible if we weren't a good defensive team."

Well said, coach. Well stated.

Go, Huskies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Jelly, what happened to Calhoun?
    Sup, Maga. Coach is out with a back problem, they are calling it spinal stenosis, which is a narrowing of the spinal column that pinches the nerves in the lower back. So right now he is out for tonight's mathcup against Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Sup, Maga. Coach is out with a back problem, they are calling it spinal stenosis, which is a narrowing of the spinal column that pinches the nerves in the lower back. So right now he is out for tonight's mathcup against Louisville.
    Didn't know that, thanks a lot.
    I'm watching the game now, hope we can get this win .. it's an important game.