Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    owwwww

Default Re: what is j.j. barea doing with that flag?

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    the thought of Barea being with that woman is just....wow. I'm speechless.

Also, wow, lot of ignorant posts. What's next? No one should be able to celebrate their cultural holidays? If they think their cultural heritage is so amazing, why not move back to the land of their cultural origin?

What about all the americans in other countries who celebrate 4th of July with the American flag.

The dood did something spectacular and wanted to represent his heritage. Nothing wrong at all with that. If you think there is, then you are and idiot. No debate will change that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    holy crap we have some tight asses here.

dude was just representing his heritage.

nothing wrong with that at all.

hell, I would consider rocking a Texas flag since we kick so much ass
    Can't wait for the next Southern who wins an NBA title to break out the Confederate battle flag....just representing his heritage....LOL...would love to see the look on David Stern's face......probably fine him as much as Kobe and Joaquin for using "the other 'F' word" this year...LMAO.

what's so wrong with this? lol this does not deserve a topic

Not airballing my layups anymore PimpinZaZa's Avatar

[QUOTE=Mor'Fiyah]And this is why the rest of the world has a problem with SOME Americans. Whats disrespectful about waving your country's flag in a league populated with players from all around the globe? The reason America is the greatest country on earth is because America represents every country.[/QUOTE

Totally agree, the ignorance of SOME americans makes me laugh! they seem to be coming out in droves for this thread. If they could only see themselves as the rest of the world does they're attitudes might change.

I see no problem at all with Barea pulling out the flag. After all the NBA wants the title to be seen as the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, no different to waving the flag at any Olympics or World Championships. If Milwaukee won a championship and Bogut didn't rip out an aussie flag I'd be really disappointed. It's all about national pride and patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Something I've never understood is why people move to the U.S. and then rep their "home" country's flag all over the damn place. If you're so damn prideful of "your country" then take your ass back there and get the f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k out. You want to move here? Cool, fine. I'm more than happy to take foreigners. But for them to move here to make a life for themselves and then continue to rep the shit hole they came from is just stupid. You must not be that proud or your ass would be there.

Flying a foreign flag on domestic soil is unacceptable unless you are just visiting as a tourist or diplomat. That's it.

Prideful?? so by your logic, if you were to get offered a short term job ( which is what an NBA contract is ) internationally, you would move to said country and completely disown everything about your home country for the time you are there? if so, then you are extremely UNPATRIOTIC. National pride is something you Americans seem to take very seriously as long as it's you guys that are showing it, yet as soon as someone else displays it it's wrong and they should get the fukk out!! And people wonder why the USA is slowly becoming one of the most hated cultures in the world. Ignorance is bliss!!! Keep living in your own little world and maybe one day you'll get over yourself and see the big picture! And if you truly believe that every immigrant comes from a country that is a "shithole" then you really need to look in the mirror and see that everything is not roses in your own backyard and that most of the world can't believe the mess that America has got themselves into, both financially and culturally. I'm not anti-america, I spent 2 years working in LA and love the place, but ignorant people mouthing off in the name of National pride really sh!t me up the wall!
    Last edited by PimpinZaZa; 06-14-2011 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont
    So is Puerto Rico.
    here we go again.......you fukking idiot... .......then why not bring out the star and stripes ?

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Something I've never understood is why people move to the U.S. and then rep their "home" country's flag all over the damn place. If you're so damn prideful of "your country" then take your ass back there and get the f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k out. You want to move here? Cool, fine. I'm more than happy to take foreigners. But for them to move here to make a life for themselves and then continue to rep the shit hole they came from is just stupid. You must not be that proud or your ass would be there.

Flying a foreign flag on domestic soil is unacceptable unless you are just visiting as a tourist or diplomat. That's it.
    Well, you're an ignorant bastard, and anyone who agrees with you is too.

Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by northwinds
    Can't wait for the next Southern who wins an NBA title to break out the Confederate battle flag....just representing his heritage....LOL...would love to see the look on David Stern's face......probably fine him as much as Kobe and Joaquin for using "the other 'F' word" this year...LMAO.

[QUOTE=PimpinZaZa]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
    And this is why the rest of the world has a problem with SOME Americans. Whats disrespectful about waving your country's flag in a league populated with players from all around the globe? The reason America is the greatest country on earth is because America represents every country.[/QUOTE

Totally agree, the ignorance of SOME americans makes me laugh! they seem to be coming out in droves for this thread. If they could only see themselves as the rest of the world does they're attitudes might change.

I see no problem at all with Barea pulling out the flag. After all the NBA wants the title to be seen as the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, no different to waving the flag at any Olympics or World Championships. If Milwaukee won a championship and Bogut didn't rip out an aussie flag I'd be really disappointed. It's all about national pride and patriotism.
    Spare me that crap about ignorance of americans ....many australians hate all the immigrants in australia....if someone busted out a turkish flag or some other shit, after a soccer game, plenty would be mad

[QUOTE=tomtucker]
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpinZaZa
    Spare me that crap about ignorance of americans ....many australians hate all the immigrants in australia....if someone busted out a turkish flag or some other shit, after a soccer game, plenty would be mad
    Spare you the crap! Am i wrong? If so, where? And you're right, many australians do hate the immigrants in australia, case in point is the Serbian soccer match last week in Melbourne. but does it make it right? or any less ignorant!

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

This thread is absolutely disgusting, I won't blame you individually because it's likely the result of poor parenting. Being proud of your past and where you have been is a healthy thing. The NBA is the best basketball league in the world, so why would players from Germany, Argentina, Australia, Spain and others not want to play there?

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Catalyst
    This thread is absolutely disgusting, I won't blame you individually because it's likely the result of poor parenting. Being proud of your past and where you have been is a healthy thing. The NBA is the best basketball league in the world, so why would players from Germany, Argentina, Australia, Spain and others not want to play there?
    u sound like my bro

+1 on the bad parenting. I try to remind myself but I still find myself getting angry at the poor kids

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    here we go again.......you fukking idiot... .......then why not bring out the star and stripes ?
    So are you actually claiming that Puerto Rico isn't part of the United States? Or are you claiming that you shouldn't have pride in Puerto Rico if you're Puerto Rican? Either way, you're wrong.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

I can't believe you can complaint about this and not feel like an ignorant racist.