Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Band

Default Re: Smoking Weed Makes You a Loser, Says New Study

Maybe they are smoking 4 times per day because they are predisposed to not putting effort towards other things, rather than 4 times per day making them not put effort towards other things.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Where's your proof that Einstein, Gates, and Jobs consume/used to smoke on a regular basis?

Yeah I'm aware that Gates and Jobs had tried it. Jobs also discussed how LSD was beneficial to his impact on design.

But he tripped once or twice. If you know any people who have done LSD dozens of times, they are usually pretty wacky and not really beacons of success. Same with potheads. Plenty of people have smoked or occasionally smoke. The ones who are smoking 4+ times a week... usually aren't amongst the most successful.

And yeah, really need a source on that Gates/Jobs/Einstein regularly smoking thing.
    Yes, Heisenberg also; I would like to see the proof that he smoked weed "on the regs"

LSD is honestly an amazing experience, and I tried writing on it once, but just kept getting caught in endless paradoxes and contradictions. Really was weird. I can see how it could give you a good idea though, but you're certainly not gonna do the legwork on it. Thing with LSD that makes it pretty safe is that you really don't feel like taking it again after coming down, as you feel so physically and emotionally drained, so it's well-nigh impossible to get addicted to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Smoking weed should be once a week kind of thing. Like drinking. The way I look at smoking weed, if you smoke it every day (especially more than once) you're technically a weedohalic. Just as bad as an alcoholic. You should have fun and use any substance with regard for moderation.

All my friends smoke weed. They've been pretty successful. They accomplished degrees and are working towards them if they haven't. They know their priorities and shit. However, I don't see that drive in them that I see in people that aren't weed smokers or only smoke it a few times a month.

It definitely hinders you long term as it should short term. Obvious is obvious.
    This, I think, is a fair appraisal. Nothing wrong with it as a weekend or occasional thing, but smoking every day does wear you down, stultify the mind, and destroy motivation as well as the ability to push through difficulties (it makes you feeble and weak and overly introverted).

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

This, I think, is a fair appraisal. Nothing wrong with it as a weekend or occasional thing, but smoking every day does wear you down, stultify the mind, and destroy motivation as well as the ability to push through difficulties (it makes you feeble and weak and overly introverted).

I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    [/B]
    I disagree.
    Disagree with what?

There are very few recreational substances that will harm you if they are done only occasionally, including the big bad bogeyman of heroin (presuming you take a sensible dose, and the stuff is clean).

Or were you disagreeing with the other part?

At my peak of being a stoner I was smoking at least 2 blunts a day for my entire junior year of HS. I spent every cent I scrapped for, and the rest of the time I just got put on. Now my squad we were athletic smokers, we smoked then played ball but during the winter we just smoked inside my boys crib. Could you say we were losers? Yes if you took a look at our grades, and the amount of times we cut class to go smoke

Looking back I was a loser but it was the funnest year of my life

Disagree with what?

There are very few recreational substances that will harm you if they are done only occasionally, including the big bad bogeyman of heroin (presuming you take a sensible dose, and the stuff is clean).

Or were you disagreeing with the other part?
    I disagree that marijuana makes you lazy.

It can make you lazy, and will make a lazy person even more lazy, but if you aren't lazy to begin with...

As someone who smokes daily, I will say that if you can't handle it, it will make you worthless, but chances are, you were worthless to begin with.

You guys gotta realize too. Weed is also MORE potent now than it ever was in the past.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Two points I would like to make:

1) Lazy ass losers exist completely independently from weed, but weed is exceptionally attractive to these people. Are they losers who were attracted to weed, or did weed make them losers?

2) Weed enhances what you are, if you're lazy, you become lazier, if you're hard working, you work hard.

I am far more motivated and driven in my work and exercise now than I was prior to smoking weed. There are plenty of losers who smoke, but I guarantee you if there was a study on people who drink that often, it would say the same thing.

Banned

Are you scrubs really going to tell me that Bob Marley, Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer are losers?

Banned

Yes, Heisenberg also; I would like to see the proof that he smoked weed "on the regs"
    Heisenberg lit up every day with his boy Niels Bohr, do you think they would have been able to figure out what they did without the aid of god's cancer curing green herb cannabis sativa? there is a reason there's a strain named after Heisy, Heisenberg Kush. He's one of the 20th century's most famous stoners. Werner famously wrote in his journals that the greatest scientific discovery of his life was his personal discovery of marijuana after his friend passed him a "jazz cigarette" while studying late at night in the G
    Last edited by Nick Young; 04-04-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Band

I disagree that marijuana makes you lazy.

It can make you lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by TYCRO
    Having sex doesn't lead to children...

It CAN lead to children if you're trying for it, or if you're a dumbass.

But I've fuked a lot of chicks in my lifetime, and I don't have any kids (that I know of).

Band

Having sex doesn't lead to children...

It CAN lead to children if you're trying for it, or if you're a dumbass.

But I've fuked a lot of chicks in my lifetime, and I don't have any kids (that I know of).
    Ok, I got where you are coming from now.

Quote Originally Posted by TYCRO
    Ok, I got where you are coming from now.
    When I smoke, I absolutely get lazy. Lazy AF.

But, while I feel lazy, I'm not lazy. Sometimes when I'm ready to get in the zone, I'll pack a big one up, but most of the time its just something to mellow me out and allow me to eat (I probably consume less than 1000 calories from food a day).

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Are you scrubs really going to tell me that Bob Marley, Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer are losers?
    They have talent, not skills. If they weren't talented, they'd probably be homeless.