Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-25-2006, 01:19 AM   #31
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah, 1 year till i become a sasha hater ;p
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:15 AM   #32
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
he can make the open 3 and he plays pesky defense. I think if he got the minutes Smush got last season, he could have had similar #'s w/ a decrease in steals and fg% b/c all he shoots is jumpers.

His defense needs to start showing in stats. I wanna see him get more steals.

I dont know if yall remember he always fouls a player really hard and then looks at the ref like "wtf r u serious??"

He plays retarded on D sometimes.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:40 PM   #33
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

I dont know if yall remember he always fouls a player really hard and then looks at the ref like "wtf r u serious??"

Oh yeah thats hilarious when he does it, he puts his arms up like "I didn't even touch him", w/ a face like that's the worst call in history... I mean Smush is like top 10 in steals and people still say his D is bad because he gambles too much for those steals, when that's the only way you get steals.... its like a no win situation...
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #34
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Oh yeah thats hilarious when he does it, he puts his arms up like "I didn't even touch him", w/ a face like that's the worst call in history... I mean Smush is like top 10 in steals and people still say his D is bad because he gambles too much for those steals, when that's the only way you get steals.... its like a no win situation...

Well i guess ya cant make evryone happy then.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #35
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

well, i gotta give him that..hehe
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:32 AM   #36
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Is he playing shooting gaurd this year?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #37
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Exactly....sasha is not a gifted athlete nor a gifted defender...he gets fouls called on him before the ball is past half court...smush gamble toomuch...his stats are deceiveing..even im shocked to see he avg as much steals as he did but that doenst make him a good defender...having steals are meanigngless if you are gambling every time the ball is passed...you will get a few here and there but you will get even more open layups driven on you
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #38
dblockallstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Exactly....sasha is not a gifted athlete nor a gifted defender...he gets fouls called on him before the ball is past half court...smush gamble toomuch...his stats are deceiveing..even im shocked to see he avg as much steals as he did but that doenst make him a good defender...having steals are meanigngless if you are gambling every time the ball is passed...you will get a few here and there but you will get even more open layups driven on you

That's why we need a shot blocker like Mihm or even Bynum that can neutralize it on the rare occasion that he misses the steals, not a Kwame Brown that will just put his hands up and try to draw charges. If our starting bigs are Brown and Odom.... .....and I understand your argument but that's just smush's game - he'll see nash casually dribbling up court and just run up on him and strip it and do a top 10 espn play.. he gets a handful of points that way and for a coach to say "tone that down" or something would be like telling him to tone down his aggressiveness.... all the top thieves of the game take risks, it's not like Jordan or Kobe got 2+ steals a game because the ball just came their way - they went out and got it.

Last edited by dblockallstars : 07-26-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:58 AM   #39
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
he'll see nash casually dribbling up court and just run up on him and strip it and do a top 10 espn play.. he gets a handful of points that way and for a coach to say "tone that down" or something would be like telling him to tone down his aggressiveness.... all the top thieves of the game take risks, it's not like Jordan or Kobe got 2+ steals a game because the ball just came their way - they went out and got it.

Ok for smush but for sasha he actually does have to tone down his aggressivness.

I mean he commits 2 fouls within a span of 1 minute. stuff like that is what hurts us late in games and thats why we lost close games. The only hard fouls sasha should commit are to frustrate Top players like Nash because if Nash gets ejected I would be more than happy to lose sasha also only if nash is gone.

Hey hes helping the team right?
Old 07-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #40
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ok for smush but for sasha he actually does have to tone down his aggressivness.

I mean he commits 2 fouls within a span of 1 minute. stuff like that is what hurts us late in games and thats why we lost close games. The only hard fouls sasha should commit are to frustrate Top players like Nash because if Nash gets ejected I would be more than happy to lose sasha also only if nash is gone.

Hey hes helping the team right?

lol during the playoffs i was think ing that too...sasha should just be putin to piss off nash or to foul him hard...he would be helping the team more than he could have if he played his normal game

Quote:
That's why we need a shot blocker like Mihm or even Bynum that can neutralize it on the rare occasion that he misses the steals, not a Kwame Brown that will just put his hands up and try to draw charges. If our starting bigs are Brown and Odom.... .....and I understand your argument but that's just smush's game - he'll see nash casually dribbling up court and just run up on him and strip it and do a top 10 espn play.. he gets a handful of points that way and for a coach to say "tone that down" or something would be like telling him to tone down his aggressiveness.... all the top thieves of the game take risks, it's not like Jordan or Kobe got 2+ steals a game because the ball just came their way - they went out and got it.

cmon you cant compare smush to jordan and kobe...they are bigger and more athletic than smush...and they had better lock down defense...yea they got steals on chances but they are very good perimeter defenders...i would not say smush is a good perimeter defender...hes good at getting steals but that doesnt make him a good defender...you dont tell him to tone down the aggresiveness...you tell him to be smart with his aggressiveness..take chances when they are worth taking them...not on every possession...and try to stay in front of your man and guard the passing angles...thats what makes good perimeter defenders...you dont see bruce bowen are ron artest taking a gamble on steals...they are up in your face making it difficult to move, see, pass and shoot...and against a guy like steve nash, why would you want to gamble on steals unless you have to? He has the best ball control and can manuever his way around people...nash is the last person you want to be taking gambles on (even though smush did steal from him in the playoffs for kobes game winner but that was a situation where he had to gamble and try to steal) Im not saying smush shouldnt gamble on steals..im just saying there are situations where he should gamble but for the most part staying in front of your man is what makes great defeders great defenders...he just needs to be little more smartrer on when to gamble and when not to...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:35 AM   #41
dblockallstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas

cmon you cant compare smush to jordan and kobe...they are bigger and more athletic than smush...and they had better lock down defense...yea they got steals on chances but they are very good perimeter defenders...i would not say smush is a good perimeter defender...hes good at getting steals but that doesnt make him a good defender...you dont tell him to tone down the aggresiveness...you tell him to be smart with his aggressiveness..take chances when they are worth taking them...not on every possession...and try to stay in front of your man and guard the passing angles...thats what makes good perimeter defenders...you dont see bruce bowen are ron artest taking a gamble on steals...they are up in your face making it difficult to move, see, pass and shoot...and against a guy like steve nash, why would you want to gamble on steals unless you have to? He has the best ball control and can manuever his way around people...nash is the last person you want to be taking gambles on (even though smush did steal from him in the playoffs for kobes game winner but that was a situation where he had to gamble and try to steal) Im not saying smush shouldnt gamble on steals..im just saying there are situations where he should gamble but for the most part staying in front of your man is what makes great defeders great defenders...he just needs to be little more smartrer on when to gamble and when not to...

hopefully smush will be better at that this year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: