Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #31
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,938
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

hes also quicker than PF's
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #32
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I agree..zach has a huge contract...and since hes had his knee surgery...he hasnt been the same guy he was the year before he got his contract...he seems a lot slower...i think he needs to be the man for him to be happy...which is why i would also take gooden over him...gooden knows hes not going to be the star wherever he goes and he does things we would need (offensive rebounding and put backs) but i hear hes demanding a ton of money so i wouldnt want to have him either...id liek a defensive presence downlow to clog the paint but theres not much out there in the market...we need a true powerforward who can defend and rebound and make the occasional shot...LO is better suited at smallforward...he creates mismatches fon smaller forwards and can contain athletic smallforwards with his length

I like LO @ the PF b/c he can do what he does best - rebound and they really didn't throw him the ball in the post alot last season to take advantage of small forwards, but 2 yrs ago he was going past PF's all the time and his point output was slightly higher.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #33
Shark
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 162
Shark has an OK reputation so far
Default

[quote=SoCalMike]Damn, this thread drives me crazy.... ZR is not the right piece folks.

1) Too Expensive
2) Would not work in Triangle (not a System guy)
3) Would not work well with Kobe (both need the ball)
4) Might be third or even fourth option which would make him unhappy
5) Not a strong defender

I agree. For those reasons, why not take a look to Miles? I know he can be a headcase, but remember Rodman?
About a.m. problems:
1) cheaper than Zach
2) still a problem, but easier to ask him to be a 2nd option
3) he will play near the basket (he's actually as tall as Zach) and complement decently
4) Think he would be 2nd - 3rd option, which is acceptable to him
5) defense is not a problem.

IMO he's a more talented player than Zach, and even if he has baggage, PhJax can find a way to meke him productive for LA.
Maybe we could sometimes play with Smush-Kobe-Odom-VlaRad-Miles.
Maybe it's only my opinion, but I'll take the risk with him. There's not many talent out there so easy to be landed (Mihm, Mckie and Cook?) with a contract not-so-big.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #34
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

[quote=Shark]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Damn, this thread drives me crazy.... ZR is not the right piece folks.

1) Too Expensive
2) Would not work in Triangle (not a System guy)
3) Would not work well with Kobe (both need the ball)
4) Might be third or even fourth option which would make him unhappy
5) Not a strong defender

I agree. For those reasons, why not take a look to Miles? I know he can be a headcase, but remember Rodman?
About a.m. problems:
1) cheaper than Zach
2) still a problem, but easier to ask him to be a 2nd option
3) he will play near the basket (he's actually as tall as Zach) and complement decently
4) Think he would be 2nd - 3rd option, which is acceptable to him
5) defense is not a problem.

IMO he's a more talented player than Zach, and even if he has baggage, PhJax can find a way to meke him productive for LA.
Maybe we could sometimes play with Smush-Kobe-Odom-VlaRad-Miles.
Maybe it's only my opinion, but I'll take the risk with him. There's not many talent out there so easy to be landed (Mihm, Mckie and Cook?) with a contract not-so-big.

The problem w/ miles n all his talent is that he genuinely does not want to play basketball, I mean he just doesn't so for all the talent and promise he has, it's pretty much not worth it.,... n that lineup u had of either rad or miles as the 5 would get eaten up by almost any team.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #35
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,938
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

LOL Miles is even worse than Randolph.

Lets go back to the randolph idea now...quickly
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #36
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
LOL Miles is even worse than Randolph.

Lets go back to the randolph idea now...quickly

yes, bring in randalph even though we'd definitely lose kwame and be strapped financially.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #37
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,363
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
I like LO @ the PF b/c he can do what he does best - rebound and they really didn't throw him the ball in the post alot last season to take advantage of small forwards, but 2 yrs ago he was going past PF's all the time and his point output was slightly higher.


Rebounding is a good part of odom but it isnt his best asset...his best assest is his ballhandling and pasing skills...he also has the ability to slash and drive to the hoop...his game is suited better as a distributer which is why they dont put him in the post...for the triangle to work..they need LO to do what he does best and that is distributing the ball and slashing to the hoop...he has a decent post game but he gets out muscled by the upper tier of power forwards in the league which is why i think hes better suited at small...he can play both but he shouldnt play power all the time...his point output was slightly higher a few seasons ago but last season his assist out put was higher...and id rather him get a few more assists than a few more points...he can take most power forwards off the dribble but he cant guard all of them....but at the small...he is capable of out muscling them and hes quick enough to stay with them...
ihatetimthomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #38
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Rebounding is a good part of odom but it isnt his best asset...his best assest is his ballhandling and pasing skills...he also has the ability to slash and drive to the hoop...his game is suited better as a distributer which is why they dont put him in the post...for the triangle to work..they need LO to do what he does best and that is distributing the ball and slashing to the hoop...he has a decent post game but he gets out muscled by the upper tier of power forwards in the league which is why i think hes better suited at small...he can play both but he shouldnt play power all the time...his point output was slightly higher a few seasons ago but last season his assist out put was higher...and id rather him get a few more assists than a few more points...he can take most power forwards off the dribble but he cant guard all of them....but at the small...he is capable of out muscling them and hes quick enough to stay with them...

well I think they'd rather play like in the phoenix series when Kobe was more of the distributor and might have avgd more assists. I think they need more offense from someone other than Kobe and who better than Odom to make the offense more fluid and unpredicatable. As far as defense, we're always gonna give points at either the 3 or 4 position b/c Rad will have to play one of them so it's better to just let LO play the 4 b/c I think the 3 would get more 3-point looks which is Rad's specialty.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #39
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,938
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
well I think they'd rather play like in the phoenix series when Kobe was more of the distributor and might have avgd more assists. I think they need more offense from someone other than Kobe and who better than Odom to make the offense more fluid and unpredicatable. As far as defense, we're always gonna give points at either the 3 or 4 position b/c Rad will have to play one of them so it's better to just let LO play the 4 b/c I think the 3 would get more 3-point looks which is Rad's specialty.

I agree with this. when we face Phoenix I think Phil will have Lamar at the post and have Kobe as the facilitator because Lamar averaged 20 ppg and made things hell for shawn marion.

I agree that Lamar's best Game is dribbling but it should vary I think.

The nights we play against guys like Garnett or Duncan we should have lamar at the 3. but against smaller or less talented 4's then Lamar should be insiding pounding it against them.

It can work either way depending on what team we play.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #40
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,362
SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Thank goodness y'all finally stopped talking about ZR and got with reality!

Woohoo!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:51 PM   #41
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09
 
kobedaman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 3,354
kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default

Randolph is out of the question for this team. They are loaded with forwards right now.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #42
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Randolph is out of the question for this team. They are loaded with forwards right now.

We're not even deep @ forward let alone loaded. You have Odom that should play the 4 full time and rad who should play 3 full time and the only sub would be walton. We would be deep if we had a legit forward who could play both positions off the bench. This could be rad if we got someone like randolph or harrington to start alongside odom. I mean we have like 5 point guards and 3 centers, what other position would you prefer adding b/c we definitely need an addition to be a championship contender.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #43
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,850
hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Randolph is out of the question for this team. They are loaded with forwards right now.

so that means we are a loaded team since we also have like 8 guards. who do we have at that forward spot that makes us loaded. sure we have some forwards but which team doesnt...besides they're not all that. odom is the true one we can count on. radman is still a mystery and I dont need to go into turiaf, cook and them cats...although they are still improving. reason randolph maybe out of the quesiton because of chemistry and character issue. although I think PJax is capable to taming players like him
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #44
traditionone
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 599
traditionone has an OK reputation so far
Default

There are cheaper options out there.

Nobody wants Miles or Randolph. Oh wait. Isiah Thomas wants Darius Miles.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy