Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    THEY ARE $15 FU-CKING DOLLARS...THAT IS ALL THE PROOF I NEED
    Nike loves you.

if you think that Marbury somehow was able to create the ferrari of all basketball shoes for that price then you have your head shoved up your ass...

show me a good review of those shoes...how about that?
    Marbury's season. Ben Wallace's future endorsement. NBA Players won't wear bad shoes, they make millions on the court. More than they'dmake endorsing Starbury's.

Good enough a reviw for me. Like I said, I'll take those performances over the review of some journalist.

God

if you think that Marbury somehow was able to create the ferrari of all basketball shoes for that price then you have your head shoved up your ass...

show me a good review of those shoes...how about that?
    WHY THE **** DO YOU KEEP USING BIG FONT @$$HOLE?

You're precious Nikes are made FOR LESS THAN $15! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MORON? NIKE JUST PUTS HIGH PRICES ON THEY'RE SHOES BECAUSE RETARDED PEOPLE LIKE YOU THINK "HIGH PRICE = GOOD QUALITY!"

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Assuming Lebron said this....

Quote Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
    More athletes = more publicity = more shoe sales.

If you're idea in here is correct, then why do Jordans cost so much, even though MJ only has about 20 players signed to the label?

And I don't think Nike shelled out the big bucks, so they could sign players like Channing Frye. Nike has a lot of athletes, but only a few have enormous contracts.

You're reasoning doesn't ad up, i'd like an answer to why Jordan's cost so much when they have about 20 athletes. Its all about the logo on the shoe, its got nothing to do with quality, and that is clear.
    we may be arguing the same side of the coin here, i made no comment on quality all i was reffering to is that nike spends alot of money on resaerch and advertising and as such nike's cost alot more money than other shoes that don't have that kind of overhead to make up for... as for quality i find it hard to belives that nikes that cost ten times more are actually ten times better.... nike pays indonesians about $1.60 a day to make their shoes so it's not like we got a team of high tech craftsman putting the things together...

shhhhhhh

You're precious Nikes are made FOR LESS THAN $15! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MORON? NIKE JUST PUTS HIGH PRICES ON THEY'RE SHOES BECAUSE RETARDED PEOPLE LIKE YOU THINK "HIGH PRICE = GOOD QUALITY!"
    haha ok we are arguing the same side of the coin..i couldn't agree more....

Who has actually bought these shoes? I bought them for basketball and they do as good of a job as a $100 Nike. 60 minutes even ran a story on it and it was made from the same material as the Jordans. People don't understand that shoes like Jordans and Nikes get made for less than $15 and they put a $100 price tag on it because they know people will buy them. So before anyone tries to defend Nike, know that at some point or another, they have screwed you for your money.

God

Default Re: Assuming Lebron said this....

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    we may be arguing the same side of the coin here, i made no comment on quality all i was reffering to is that nike spends alot of money on resaerch and advertising and as such nike's cost alot more money than other shoes that don't have that kind of overhead to make up for... as for quality i find it hard to belives that nikes that cost ten times more are actually ten times better.... nike pays indonesians about $1.60 a day to make their shoes so it's not like we got a team of high tech craftsman putting the things together...
    Fair enough. But Nike easily make back money spent on research by pricing they're shoes 800% higher than they spend making the shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Who has actually bought these shoes? I bought them for basketball and they do as good of a job as a $100 Nike. 60 minutes even ran a story on it and it was made from the same material as the Jordans. People don't understand that shoes like Jordans and Nikes get made for less than $15 and they put a $100 price tag on it because they know people will buy them. So before anyone tries to defend Nike, know that at some point or another, they have screwed you for your money.

You can't buy them here in Europe. I'm currently looking to buy 2 or 3 pais at ebay. Just the regular ones. White, Black and maybe the white/baby blue ones. Great stuff, you can buy 3 pairs of shoes and spend only 60 bucks. Not sure if I'll use them to play ball. They look good enough to wear casually too.

God

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    I own a pair, and whenever I go to the park or the gym I wear them, and they have yet to fail me. I don't wear them in school games, because the school buys adidas for us, but the Starbury's are just as good as any pair of Nike/Jordan/Adidas shoes i've ever worn.

Its just people like -Idiottime- that think "high price = better quality"

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Heh. I remember when I used to write posts like this. I think I'm getting old. Mean way of phrasing it, but you're 100% correct.

College superstar

And Sheed never played in regular Air Force 1s. Nike made his special with a zoom air insole and then when they released the Sheed AF1s had his jumpshot logo on them and the same doublestacked zoom insoles. That's cool he's an old school guy and can hoop in them though. I turned my ankle shooting around in some lowtops, no lie. Boxy ass midsoles

Banned

Its sad what Nike does...but they usually pay more than the alternatives these 3rd world people have. But there is more to the story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    And Sheed never played in regular Air Force 1s. Nike made his special with a zoom air insole and then when they released the Sheed AF1s had his jumpshot logo on them and the same doublestacked zoom insoles. That's cool he's an old school guy and can hoop in them though. I turned my ankle shooting around in some lowtops, no lie. Boxy ass midsoles

Well outside of an insole its still the same shoe. hard to believe that accounts for the 115$ difference

ive owned af's for years. still have 2 or 3 pairs but they get ugly very quick. the leather usually isnt really good (cracks) and they feel like Dutch Wooden Shoes.

I've always been a flight fan tho'. love my solo flights and mach flights. can ball on them tho'.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Its sad what Nike does...but they usually pay more than the alternatives these 3rd world people have. But there is more to the story as well.

yeah i did a search just now on nike advertising budget (1.7 billion) and came up with alot of sites about that subject... it's really sad..

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK LEBRONS SHOES COST TO MAKE???? Go to school and take a couple econ or even polical economy classes. Or just read an article.
    20 bucks