Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-14-2007, 01:26 AM   #1
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far
Default JO in LA

got this off the pacer forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy568
It doesn't fill the need for a PG and big man so no. Bynum would have been good till midseason last year, but his value has significantly dropped and Kupcake won't part with him anyways. I think Knicks are the only ones who can go above and beyond to trade for O'Neil.

JO would be hard to get if mitch is still the laker GM.

samy 568 makes a good point the knicks do have the best chance of kettin JO, but does indiana want to trade a team in their same conference?
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #2
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: JO in LA

You make a good point there. BUT listen to what Donnie Walsh the Pacers GM said just the other day.

Quote:
Consider what Indiana Pacers president Donnie Walsh (yes, the guy who could trade Jermaine O'Neal this summer) told the Newark Star-Ledger about Bynum this season: "That kid is working out with Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar), and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into Kareem. I'm not kidding. I can't imagine what he'll be like at 23."

He thinks BYNUM will be one of the best in the league, and that could be a big PLUS for us.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:17 AM   #3
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far

that trade goes down if mitch leaves
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

don't we already have threads dedicated to JO?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
don't we already have threads dedicated to JO?
Yes we do
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:24 AM   #6
sfpistonfan
I airball my layups

sfpistonfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Yes we do

This would be a very strong move by the Lakers. reminisant of the 80's and 90's. You need a strong man in the middle to help bring the young centers around. Unfortunately the game is played differently than when Kareem was in the league. JO will bring a presence in the paint that LA has not seen since SHAQ.
sfpistonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:04 AM   #7
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEinSD24
that trade goes down if mitch leaves
mitch isnt leaving
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpistonfan
This would be a very strong move by the Lakers. reminisant of the 80's and 90's. You need a strong man in the middle to help bring the young centers around. Unfortunately the game is played differently than when Kareem was in the league. JO will bring a presence in the paint that LA has not seen since SHAQ.
True that, but we don't want to give up everything for JO when we could go after Artest and Gasol if Mitch plays his cards right. sfpistonfan, check out some early trends about getting Artest and Gasol.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #9
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
True that, but we don't want to give up everything for JO when we could go after Artest and Gasol if Mitch plays his cards right. sfpistonfan, check out some early trends about getting Artest and Gasol.
I agree we prolly wont have 2 give up 2 much 2 get ron b/c of his antics but Gasol is another story - u c what they wanted from the bulls - gordon deng, PJ's contract n w/e else... so I doubt we can come close 2 matchin that package, plus if they get 1 of the top 2 picks, they might take Gasol off the table, if he's not already off.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: