Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hugh Grant - Worst Actor Ever?

Hugh Grant is not that bad at acting. The worst actor ever has to be Steven Segal. Its not even close.

rank sentamentalist

the Wicker Man remake was incredible. One of my favourite movies ever.

NBA lottery pick

Not a bad actor, just wish he'd be a little more selective with his roles.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Hugh Grant is not that bad at acting. The worst actor ever has to be Steven Segal. Its not even close.
    Steven Seagal and Jean-Claude Van Damme are GOAT. They have such passion and emotion in films.

Steven Seagal & Van Damme in One True Impact

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    the Wicker Man remake was incredible. One of my favourite movies ever.

I seriously hope thats sarcasm. Wicker man was probably one of the worst movies i've ever seen, especially that ending. Seriously please tell me you're not serious

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MarloStanfield

LOL @ people claiming Nicholas Cage is a bad actor.

He started his career out pretty strong. But everything he's done for the last few years has been awful. I don't even rent his movies anymore because they've gotten so bad. I mean everything, from bangkok dangerous, ghostrider, blink, and worst of all Wicker man. If some of you are being serious with Wicker Man being good, please don't ever give advice on movies again thx

Blu Ray

Look, we all know Cage has been in some pretty bad films. Obviously, he's doing it for the money, because when he stars in cerebral films that involve actual acting, he's been incredible. You just have to learn to differentiate from the money making pieces of sh*t from the serious roles.

He hasn't made a serious film since what, Lord Of War? 2005, right?

Banned

I don't even think Lord of War was good, it was easily forgettable. The only 2 movies i can think of that he did that deserved some respect are Face Off and i think it was called Leaving Las Vegas(maybe i got the name wrong, its the one where he's an alcoholic). I can't think of much else that he's done that deserves respect.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    I seriously hope thats sarcasm. Wicker man was probably one of the worst movies i've ever seen, especially that ending. Seriously please tell me you're not serious
    It's probably the funniest movie of the decade, and it deserves your respect.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    I don't even think Lord of War was good, it was easily forgettable. The only 2 movies i can think of that he did that deserved some respect are Face Off and i think it was called Leaving Las Vegas(maybe i got the name wrong, its the one where he's an alcoholic). I can't think of much else that he's done that deserves respect.
    Out of all his great movies, you pick a piece of sh*t like Face Off? What the f*ck is wrong with you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Out of all his great movies, you pick a piece of sh*t like Face Off? What the f*ck is wrong with you?

Face Off was WAY better than Lord of War. Lord of War was ****ing stupid. It was as predictable a gun runner movie as i've ever seen, and i'd never watch that **** again. Face Off on the other hand was easily watchable, more than once. It wasn't nearly as superficial as the later Mission Impossible's but it has all of its style, and even a decent storyline. Travolta was good in it too.

Either way, Cage's movie legacy isn't all that great

Hugh Grant does make absolutely unbearable movies, but he is definitely not the worst actor ever.

Its tough to pick one worst actor since there are so many terrible ones, if I had to pick one it would be Steven Segal.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    It's probably the funniest movie of the decade, and it deserves your respect.
    best scenes

the bees! THE BEES!!!

this is amazing.

most of you retards dont even understand what acting is, seriously.

hugh grant?
    nicolas cage?
    harrison ford?
    van damme actually put in one of the most acclaimed performances of last year.

hugh grant is actually a pretty decent actor, it is important to remember that many actors have no range, he is one of them, obviously. as a convincing screen presence- the most significant part of acting- he is pretty decent and has been in some very very good films and a handful of masterpieces.

in all honesty if we are can discuss hugh grant then we can discuss will smith, similar one dimensional actor, just a different on screen character. neither can carry a film with their performance, both can be leading men in quality films. smith i will concede brings maybe a slight extra emotional dimension but they are in many ways comparable, and i actually quite like smith but he is very much loved by people who lap up the schmoltz and popcorn fodder films of which he mainly stars in.
    Last edited by ukplayer4; 05-04-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Yes, I think some confuse not liking an actor/an actor getting on their nerves with saying he can't act.