Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Do you feel superior to your IRL friends when it comes to NBA discussion?

I do. I feel as though I've reached another level of understanding of the NBA by posting on this forum. Collaborating and arguing with some of the finest NBA fan minds that is on offer. Whenever a friend brings up something about the NBA and makes a ridiculous statement, I quickly shut him down.

An example? A friend was telling me how Lebron was to blame for Miami's loss in the 2014 finals. I quickly countered his statement with statistics and examples from the games. I used my knowledge gained from threads on this site to my advantage and destroyed his argument in less than a minute.

I'd like to thank you all for helping contribute to growing my basketball encyclopedia.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Default Re: Do you feel superior to your IRL friends when it comes to NBA discussion?

Yes. Most people are just casual fans who bullshit their way through sports discussions, and regurgitate whatever storyline they heard on ESPN last week.

Default Re: Do you feel superior to your IRL friends when it comes to NBA discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    Yes. Most people are just casual fans who bullshit their way through sports discussions, and regurgitate whatever storyline they heard on ESPN last week.
    Most people have favorite players and just stick to defending them no matter what regardless of any facts or stats that are thrown at them. On the internet, though, most people have favorite players and just stick to defending them no matter what regardless of any facts or stats that are thrown at them.

Honestly I'm the smartest irl fan I know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    I do. I feel as though I've reached another level of understanding of the NBA by posting on this forum. Collaborating and arguing with some of the finest NBA fan minds that is on offer. Whenever a friend brings up something about the NBA and makes a ridiculous statement, I quickly shut him down.

An example? A friend was telling me how Lebron was to blame for Miami's loss in the 2014 finals. I quickly countered his statement with statistics and examples from the games. I used my knowledge gained from threads on this site to my advantage and destroyed his argument in less than a minute.

I'd like to thank you all for helping contribute to growing my basketball encyclopedia.

28 ppg on 60% shooting

Shot 50% from the 3

The NBA Finals aints seen 28ppg on 60% since Peak Shaq, and he couldnt even shoot 50% from 3 like LeBron did

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    this. even someone like kennethgriffin can make better arguments than a casual fan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Honestly I'm the smartest irl fan I know.
    Then you woke up?

Anybody can sound smart when they talk to themselves in an NBA forum:

But then again, Jameer needs that because he doesn't have any friends

Edit: Jameer DO NOT respond in this forum since you have no friends lol

lmao @ that pic ... y'all are cold as hell

Like some people debate me and I just put their shit to rest. I once debated some people about Larry Bird's Celtics and they said they never played Magic Johnson and said I didn't know what I was talking about. Then he said Allen Iverson was the best player of this era and better than Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    Then you woke up?

Anybody can sound smart when they talk to themselves in an NBA forum:

But then again, Jameer needs that because he doesn't have any friends

Edit: Jameer DO NOT respond in this forum since you have no friends lol
    Holy shit I am rent free

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

28 ppg on 60% shooting

Shot 50% from the 3

The NBA Finals aints seen 28ppg on 60% since Peak Shaq, and he couldnt even shoot 50% from 3 like LeBron did
    Insane numbers. Lebron on that GOAT sauce. You could make a VERY strong argument that Lebron, not Leonard, should have won the FMVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Insane numbers. Lebron on that GOAT sauce. You could make a VERY strong argument that Lebron, not Leonard, should have won the FMVP.
    no you couldn't if you actually watched the series. LeBron had little to no impact outside of the first two games. He played well offensively sure but it didn't mean much.

To the thread topic,
    Yes almost always (casual fans). It's way different than being on here where I feel like a noob.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Holy shit I am rent free
    That turns you on eh? As I said before...the only reason why the mods are keeping u and your alts is because ISH needs something to laugh at once in awhile...and thats what your best at...for us to laugh at

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    That turns you on eh? As I said before...the only reason why the mods are keeping u and your alts is because ISH needs something to laugh at once in awhile...and thats what your best at...for us to laugh at
    Go fetch me a beer boy. I'm living rent free.

Many people I talk to IRL about the NBA often sound like the genius (24) above me.well they're less obnoxious