Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-22-2006, 01:05 PM   #16
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
it was just an example, i'll be more direct. why does, using your words, 'most of the world hate black men?"

sad but true, travel sometime, you'll find out. Don't think it is white people I am talking about, when it is also most Asians and Indians, hell you've been around this board, haven't you noticed.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #17
kurtinaitis
I airball my layups

kurtinaitis has an OK reputation so far

I live in "the rest of the world". I donīt hate black people. Well... I hate Condoleeza Rice.
kurtinaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:40 PM   #18
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

As bad as this was, at least this wasn't a thread about himself. Judging from the title that would have been painful.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #19
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

because the general opinion of black people from the inner city (as ignorant as it is... yet not totally ignorant) is that they are lazy bums who drop out of high school, sell drugs to make money, do not work legally, and get welfare to buy new kicks to show off "on the block."
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:02 PM   #20
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
if you don't think a farm boy from rural china is effected when he steps on the court and sees LeBron James, you're not dealing with reality. Basketball is a game that's more mental than anything and I simply want to see what kind of an impact the money may have on other country's players. money to them is making $100 a month, that is American dollars of course...
Ugly Americanism at its best. You're not painting an accurate picture here. Of course, the ballplayers from other countries are not compensated anywhere near what NBA players are, but they're hardly starving. Athletes who represent their countries on national teams - in any major sport - are compensated well, relative to the rest of the populations in their respective countries. Compensation might come in the form of extra perks/privileges instead of cold cash, but they are still rewarded.

Of course, due to the pervasiveness of the American media, US ballplayers are known the world over, and the intimidaiton factor definitely comes into play. But its not like it was before, and never will be again. We'll see what happens in the World Championships. This team is on a bit of a roll, but it will be interesting to see what happens if a game gets really tight going down the stretch. I think other teams are respectful, but not overawed.
Quote:
Fact: Most of the world is racists towards blacks and would NEVER feel a jealous inkling in the slightest towards team USA
Probably one of the most ignorant statements I've seen in my life. And I've seen a few. Some people need to get out and travel to see how the world really works.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:30 PM   #21
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Probably one of the most ignorant statements I've seen in my life. And I've seen a few. Some people need to get out and travel to see how the world really works.

Ignorant is it?...hell dude, I was agreeing with what you said until that. Do you honestly think I would just spew garbage like that out. I have lived overseas for 9 years of my life...Since you are such a 'global' man why don't you ask an African sometime how welcome he is in China, or Korea, or how they are treated by the locals in India, or what happens to assylum seekers in Europe.
Better yet, why don't you visit prisons in places like Thailand and figure out why there are so many African natoionals in them when you have trouble seeing any on the street.
It seems you always take this holier than thou attitude and fact is you dont know shyt about what really goes on. Everywhere I've lived, I have had black friends, and the stories are unbelieveable, but of course talking to you is a waste of time so who cares.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #22
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

considering most of the rest of the world despises the United States, I doubt the players of other nations are afraid of American players. Especially considering the US team would get destroyed by an All-Europe team
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #23
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Ignorant is it?...hell dude, I was agreeing with what you said until that. Do you honestly think I would just spew garbage like that out. I have lived overseas for 9 years of my life...Since you are such a 'global' man why don't you ask an African sometime how welcome he is in China, or Korea, or how they are treated by the locals in India, or what happens to assylum seekers in Europe.
Better yet, why don't you visit prisons in places like Thailand and figure out why there are so many African natoionals in them when you have trouble seeing any on the street.
It seems you always take this holier than thou attitude and fact is you dont know shyt about what really goes on. Everywhere I've lived, I have had black friends, and the stories are unbelieveable, but of course talking to you is a waste of time so who cares.
"Holier than thou?" That's pretty funny...

Let's go back to what you said:
Quote:
Most of the world is racists towards blacks and would NEVER feel a jealous inkling in the slightest towards team USA

I don't deny that racism against black people exists in different parts of the world. However, what you're describing could be classified equally (or perhaps more so) as an issue of class, rather than race. The African nationals in the prisons that you describe are not only defined by color, but the fact that they are all poor.

Getting back to your statement: are you so stupid to suggest that NO ONE in any other country (even a "racist" one) wouldn't feel jealous about someone -- anyone -- making millions of dollars a year to play a game? That is in essence what you said. And its ridiculous. I'm sure even you, after reflection, would agree with that. In fact, there are quite a few jealous people in THIS country who feel very resentful towards NBA players precisely because they are black and rich.

As far as the rest of the world being racist towards blacks, how can you compare the reception that, say, Michael Jordan (who is black, by the way) would receive in China or Korea, as opposed to a penniless African asylum seeker? You could plug any other successful black businessman into that equation and come out with completely different answers. Newsflash: Poor people get treated like sh*t all over the globe! Since you're so knowledgable about the world, that fact should be obvious. When a certain class of poor people (especially unwelcome immigrants) are visually identifiable by skin color, and are blamed for endemic social ills, such as crime, it is even worse. I bet you'll also find lots of poor Chinese and Koreans in the jails within their respective countries as well.

So, to wrap this up, your statement still stands as one of the most ignorant I've read. I agree in general with the first part: "Most of the world is racists towards blacks," but the second part "and would NEVER feel a jealous inkling in the slightest towards team USA," is just idiocy.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: