Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Better overall player: Iverson (during his prime) or Westbrook (currently in prime)?

Better overall player: Allen Iverson (during his prime) or Russell Westbrook (currently in prime)?

Not just individually, but also on making his team better.

Both have one trip to the Finals.
    Both have All-Star appearances.

Discuss.

Default Re: Better overall player: Iverson (during his prime) or Westbrook (currently in prime)?

I'm not sure Westbrook has quite reached his prime yet; maybe his scoring prime and athletic prime, but if he develops further into a smarter player and scoring POINTGUARD then I think he could score less but be much more valuable further down the road. Or, he could be STeve Francis and decline with his athleticism. But I think Russ could ultimately learn how to lean slightly more towards getting teammates involved while still being the scorer that he naturally is.

But to answer the question of prime AI v. current goatbrook:

Iverson by a pretty decent margin IMO

Default Re: Better overall player: Iverson (during his prime) or Westbrook (currently in prime)?

As much as I detested Iverson's putrid efficiency, Westbrook has yet to elevate himself to A.I.'s level.

Sometimes people forget through the drama and BS how great a player A.I. was. Westbrook is good, but I wouldn't consider building a team around him, whereas A.I. I just might.

I think if you replace Russ right now with prime AI the Thunder are the best team in the L

not aimed at you^

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20

Sometimes people forget through the drama and BS how great a player A.I. was. Westbrook is good, but I wouldn't consider building a team around him, whereas A.I. I just might.
    Do you long for the early 2000's as I sometimes do? I know the quality of play wasn't so spectacular but there were a lot of players I miss from that era.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

This should be an intriguing thread, because both players are so similar, both play with heart and passion, and both were pretty much "Iron men" during their primes. The edge I'll give to AI is that he played less "outta control" than Westbrook, considering the teammates they both had to work with, and AI's "ball-handling" was not to be f@cked with.

Had AI had a 2012 Durant, I could see the '6ers upsetting the Lakers in 2001.

Westbrook isn't in his prime yet..

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    This should be an intriguing thread, because both players are so similar, both play with heart and passion, and both were pretty much "Iron men" during their primes. The edge I'll give to AI is that he played less "outta control" than Westbrook, considering the teammates they both had to work with, and AI's "ball-handling" was not to be f@cked with.

Had AI had a 2012 Durant, I could see the '6ers upsetting the Lakers in 2001.
    Had AI had durant it wouldnt havebeen upset.

Banned

If Westrbook had to make do with what Iverson had back then, he'd miss the playoffs.

Iverson but I don't think Westbrook is in his prime yet.

Iverson all day everyday

The answer is The Answer.

High School Varsity 6th Man NLZ's Avatar

are you ok in the head hawkfan? There's no comparison.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

May as well compare Calderon to Stockton.

Speed - Iverson
    Vertical - Westbrook
    Handles - Iverson
    Playmaking - Iverson
    Shot - Iverson
    Clutch - Iverson
    D - Iverson