Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #46
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers are 2009 NBA CHAMPS!!

I'd like to give a nod to Luke Walton. The kid played quality minutes in this series. Nothing flashy, nothing over the top, but solid ball on both ends when he was on the court.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #47
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop-A-Loop
Well what a year it has been. From the depths in Boston to the mountaintop in Orlando and every NBA city in between. We have had discussions about Phil as a coach, just about every player on the team, Mitch and the entire Buss family this season.
We talked about this team playing like they would be 82-0 in the beginning, how in the world they could blow a couple of easy games in the middle, how they could blow huge leads near then end of the season and lived and died with them through the playoffs.
In the end though the best team in the Eastern Conference came along and EVERYTHING clicked. It took the best shooting displays in finals history to take the one game but otherwise this was a Laker team that displayed heart, a killer instinct on defense, offensive execution when it was absolutely critical and above all the talent to be named the:

2008-09 NBA WORLD CHAMPION LOS ANGELES LAKERS

All I can say is......

Well stated. I have often times been critical of this team's play down the stretch. Although they waited until midway through the Denver series to get it together, they got it right in the end and won it all in convincing style.

They left no doubt that they are the best team in the league.

I started to watch the game last night when Orlando went up early and I just couldn't take watching it and had to go for a bike ride. Not that I didn't think they could come back, I just was too antsy to sit through it. I got back with less than a minute to play and got to watch the rest of the night unfold.

Kobe was definitely the MVP, but this was a team victory in every sense of the word. Pau, Derek, Lamar and Trevor came up especially huge when the team needed them and PJ has proven that he is the master even though we questioned his tactics at times.

Lots of questions about next season, but now is not the time. This is a time for celebration of a job well done.

EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #48
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So proud of D-Fish for bouncing back and not losing confidence in himself and his shot...

going to be an enjoyable summer...although re-signing Odom and Ariza will be huge.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #49
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
So proud of D-Fish for bouncing back and not losing confidence in himself and his shot...

going to be an enjoyable summer...although re-signing Odom and Ariza will be huge.

Did you really go to the games like you said you were? Did I miss something or were you jerkin' our stump?

If you did go, I'd love to see a full report.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:24 AM   #50
Raider007
EvilDooinz

Raider007 has decent reputation

Great Playoffs! Lakers had to EARN it!

I seriously thought that the winner between Denver and L.A was destined to have the rings. Orlando was a worthy opponent and had their chances. Lakers were more resilient and made the runs when runs were needed.

This experience will go a long way for the teammates known as Lakers.
Next year the west will be a gunfight season, Many good teams, and many playing well. Cant ask for better practice than to play the west next year on the road to the finals.

Congratulations to the Los Angeles Lakers, it was exciting!

PS,, think Phil would coach the Raiders ? hehe j/k
Raider007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #51
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I knew that we could do it this year..

WOOOOOO!

Congratulations L.A!

Have a nice parade, bad thing i'll miss it.

Its not only kobe's 4th but fisher's too!
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #52
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
I knew that we could do it this year..

WOOOOOO!

Congratulations L.A!

Have a nice parade, bad thing i'll miss it.

Its not only kobe's 4th but fisher's too!

Heres to five!
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #53
t-rud349
Maybe Next year...

t-rud349 has an OK reputation so far

From a die-hard Celts fan, Congrats Lakers fans.

Here's to a Celts-Lakers finals next year
t-rud349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #54
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Been on vacation in Vegas the past week so I didnt get a chance to celebrate with you guys, but I missed every one of you and I know the forum was going bonkers when we won! I was at a brazilian steakhouse watching the lakers win game 5 while munching on filet mignon and drinking white russians, it was SO glorious! I didnt even wanna go out that night, I just wanted to go back to my room and watch sportscenter all night.

Congrats to the lakers and to every one of you guys who were sticking with the team during the season and never taking your eyes off the prize. MAN did D-Fish redeem himself, didn't he?

Not resigning Trevor and Lamar is not an option. Lamar played OUT OF HIS MIND in games 2 and 5 and Trevor just did a little of everything. Shannon would be nice to bring back as well.

Major congrats to Luke and Lamar who have paid the most laker dues outside of Kobe and Fish. Those two have been with us for the long haul and i'm glad they finally were rewarded for it.

Lakers NBA champions 2009 baby.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #55
JetDeveloper
I airball my layups

JetDeveloper has an OK reputation so far

It was fun to watch, but in Games 2 and 4 it was Orlando who beat themselves. Hopefully next year, the Lakers will be even better.
JetDeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #56
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just wanted to bump this up for ol time sake!!!

DA CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #57
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This thread can't ever get old....
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #58
KoolKat
National High School Star

KoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
This thread can't ever get old....

KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: