Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Nightman Cometh Shadynasty's's Avatar

Default Re: Taking Calculus 2 this summer

Accounting is definitely lighter on math than engineering. Some algebra, statistics, probably lots of regression analysis, etc. I think some accounting programs might require you to take a basic calculus course to prepare you for parts of the higher level statistics.

Calc 3 was retarded. I killed Calc 1 and 2, but 3 was just ridiculous with triple integrals, etc. I remember during the exam, the kid next to me was just staring at his paper for 3 hours. I never saw him write anything, lol. The prof had to use a huge bell curve.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    Civil Engineering to Accounting.
    And I rest my case.

You should've taken Calc I again and then Calc II. You should stick to engineering. It will be more valuable than an accounting degree.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resin_baller
    LOL what? Some guys been telling me that Accounting has harder math than engineering. And civil and environmental have the easiest math in engineering.
    Yes, civil is the easiest engineering major.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reef
    Calc 3 was retarded. I killed Calc 1 and 2, but 3 was just ridiculous with triple integrals, etc. I remember during the exam, the kid next to me was just staring at his paper for 3 hours. I never saw him write anything, lol. The prof had to use a huge bell curve.
    I did much better in calc 2 & 3 than I did in calc 1. And from your description the calc 3 I took covered the same topics. I probably did better though because I got more accustomed to the university workload by my 2rd semester.

Gonna be doing Ordinary differential equations in September. I find for calculus the best thing to do is just practice a lot. Like do all the different type of questions and develop a strategy for how to approach problems. There's usually a little trick in every type of problem, once you figure out the trick the rest of the problem is usually just crunching numbers.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    And I rest my case.

You should've taken Calc I again and then Calc II. You should stick to engineering. It will be more valuable than an accounting degree.
    No doubt. Not everyone's cut out for that stuff though. Thought I could, but apparently I was wrong. Maybe I should stick with it, but the last thing I want to to do is make this same decision a year from now.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

i love how everyone on ISH breezed through calc 1,2 and 3 with A's.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Reef
    Triple integrals was in calc 2.

Canadian education.

NBA sixth man of the year

Don't take this class easily since its a summer session. I'm assuming about 5 weeks length. This means you'll have the equivalent of 2 assignments per day or 1-2 chapters of material per week. Expect to spend 3-5 hours each night on hw assignments and a test or quiz every week.

Sounds intense, but as long as you stay on pace the whole class will blow by real quickly. Have fun

The Nightman Cometh Shadynasty's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    i love how everyone on ISH breezed through calc 1,2 and 3 with A's.
    I got a B in Calc I because it was my first college math class and I didn't do homework or really apply myself. Got As in Calc II, III and differential equations. B in Linear Algebra due to some slacking again and caring more about my comp sci classes.

Calc 2 was pretty easy. Just read the beginning of the chapter and do like 10 problems from each chapter. You should do fine if you're not completely inept of any analytical thinking.

When I took it in community college during summer session I think I missed like 2-3 weeks of class traveling so my average was at around a D. I studied for like 3 days for the final test and got a 96, ended up with C average which was all I needed to transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Triple integrals was in calc 2.

Canadian education.
    Lol...it was like 10 years ago for me. I barely remember.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    I did much better in calc 2 & 3 than I did in calc 1. And from your description the calc 3 I took covered the same topics. I probably did better though because I got more accustomed to the university workload by my 2rd semester.

Gonna be doing Ordinary differential equations in September. I find for calculus the best thing to do is just practice a lot. Like do all the different type of questions and develop a strategy for how to approach problems. There's usually a little trick in every type of problem, once you figure out the trick the rest of the problem is usually just crunching numbers.
    Diff-EQ is a lot easier than Calculus.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soadrules
    Diff-EQ is a lot easier than Calculus.
    Yea? We've already did some differential equations in calculus but this my first full course one it.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Uugh Calc makes me wanna punch a baby

Best bet is to get an asian kid lol