Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-26-2009, 02:20 AM   #16
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Default Re: Life, thoughts, and the infamous black box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
bump..

OP, do you really believe that things happen for a reason?

you can justify the statement "everything happens for a reason" so easily.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:21 AM   #17
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain of Thought

So, share with us, what's in your little black box?

something that is hitting me hard right now,something that a keep in the "black box" and never want to tell anyone about it

i know this girl i like but dont really like her at the same time,shes cool and stuff but shes really not for me but,when i hear other guys talking about trying to get with her it pisses me off like iam saying stay the *** away from her shes mine.

Also another girl that i swear i cant get over havent talked to her in a couple of years shes the girl that "got away" perfect in everyway i could have had her in high school but i kept thinking to myself shes too young to get involved with all the crap iam going thru...still pisses me off that i wussed out lie that

another one is my freinds.I mean i got loads of quality freinds but damn sometimes i wish i had no freinds cuz i have a short temper i like making people laugh but once the joke turns on me i laugh it off or so they think inside iam pissed off but i cant help it as much as i try to not let it bother me it does and it really sucks knowing that your pissed about something so simple that is no big deal yet my head hurts from all the blood flowing to my head getting super pissed

just a couple of things in the black box....there one of the only serious posts i have

Last edited by Brujesino : 07-26-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:27 AM   #18
halffttime
shorty doowop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
you can justify the statement "everything happens for a reason" so easily.
i used to think that. but now i think it's a load of bullsh!t. let's say i have cancer, i could either get chemo and fight it or just tell myself this is happening for a reason and just die. so the question is, do we believe in faith or free will..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:30 AM   #19
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
i used to think that. but now i think it's a load of bullsh!t. let's say i have cancer, i could either get chemo and fight it or just tell myself this is happening for a reason and just die. so the question is, do we believe in faith or free will..
you can always jusitfy it. in that situation, the reason was for you to die. the reason was for you to die, so your mom could be sad.... so she could quit her job and be depressed... so it could effect your dad etc.. You can't justify it in the present. the future is the reason.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:43 AM   #20
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

Very good post, OP. One of my black box memories was probably times when this one 'friend' of mine was chill when it's just the two of us, but would always treat me like utter shit every time he's around other people; little things all the time like if I eat a burrito wrong he'd call me a dirty sloppy eater with no hygiene in front of chicks, or he would call me a ****** who hasn't reached puberty yet just to be funny to other people. He would also get at me for stupid stuff and be sarcastic about everything I try to do. It also encouraged the other people in the group to make me the brunt of all their teasings. I'm quite the sensitive guy though very chill and I take a lot of crap but sometimes when the shit hits the fan... the shit hits the fan. I don't hang out with them as much anymore.

I hate the double personality; fake, fake, fake. I never really talked back because I try to be a nice guy and if I blow up about it then I'll be made out to be the bad guy, the guy who "overreacted" to what kids would call "just a little bit of harmless fun", when really it's fucking pissing me off. I always told myself "today will be the day I'm going to fucking punch his head in" but it never happened. The straw that broke the camel's back never came. I internalized a lot of it and let it out through basketball and just online games, but sometimes you can't forget. I've never really blown up at anyone in my life, like really truly (except maybe my brother) but when the day comes sometimes I think it's going to cause a bit of ruckus.

Just like in that one movie Anger Management, I'd rather be the guy who lets out his anger every day to the rest of the world, instead of the dude who internalizes all that wrath and just comes out one day with a pistol and lets it all out; in the worst way possible. Extreme analogy, I know, but nevertheless you get the point.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #21
halffttime
shorty doowop

Quote:
you can always jusitfy it. in that situation, the reason was for you to die. the reason was for you to die, so your mom could be sad.... so she could quit her job and be depressed... so it could effect your dad etc.. You can't justify it in the present. the future is the reason.

it's cause and effect, that's all. atleast imo..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:57 AM   #22
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Quote:
I never really talked back because I try to be a nice guy and if I blow up about it then I'll be made out to be the bad guy, the guy who "overreacted" to what kids would call "just a little bit of harmless fun", when really it's ****ing pissing me off. I always told myself "today will be the day I'm going to ****ing punch his head in" but it never happened.

I am the exact same way. There's this kid at school who just gets under my skin so much. He's a good athlete but he's extremely arrogant, and everybody hates him, but nobody says anything to his face. He tries to ****k with everyone at school but if he hears about a party, he'll be over at my locker acting like we're friends, asking where the partys at. He always talk mad shyt about how i suck at sports, and i just wanna knock him the **** out. i totally could.

i did blow up on a teacher one time though. it felt great. He would always pick on me because i had him in 7th grade and i was a class clown. one day i was doing an important report for another class and he ripped it up. the ****ing **** hit the fan and i blew up. it felt excellent.

i think holding things inside has sortof taken away my emotions and made me a very apathetic person. although i'm starting to become emotional again recently.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #23
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

Quote:
I am the exact same way. There's this kid at school who just gets under my skin so much. He's a good athlete but he's extremely arrogant, and everybody hates him, but nobody says anything to his face. He tries to ****k with everyone at school but if he hears about a party, he'll be over at my locker acting like we're friends, asking where the partys at. He always talk mad shyt about how i suck at sports, and i just wanna knock him the **** out. i totally could.

i did blow up on a teacher one time though. it felt great. He would always pick on me because i had him in 7th grade and i was a class clown. one day i was doing an important report for another class and he ripped it up. the ****ing **** hit the fan and i blew up. it felt excellent.

i think holding things inside has sortof taken away my emotions and made me a very apathetic person. although i'm starting to become emotional again recently.

Probably the 1st time you haven't said:

"Stop Hatin' and Get Money"

Maybe you've grown up a bit huh?
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:05 AM   #24
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
Probably the 1st time you haven't said:

"Stop Hatin' and Get Money"

Maybe you've grown up a bit huh?

stfu and get money, scrub
Old 07-26-2009, 03:06 AM   #25
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

Quote:
stfu and get money, scrub

Guess not, back to square one.
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: