Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Bynum grimaced in pain after that last dunk and immediately went to the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Anything posted on Bynum? Is he playing tomorrow? Is it even anything at all?
    He is going to play tomorrow, so that should tell you all you need to know about "grimace gate."

Andrew Bynum will play against the Sixers on Friday

The Cavs are being extra-cautious with him, not even allowing him to play in back-to-backs. So, if they're going ahead with him tomorrow, it tells you this was nothing but a momentary hiccup.

He's actually way further along than I thought he'd be at this stage of the season. The fact that he's played in four of the five games so far and had an 18 minute night this early in the season is a big surprise. Cavs fans should be ecstatic, imo.

Default Re: Bynum grimaced in pain after that last dunk and immediately went to the bench

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He is going to play tomorrow, so that should tell you all you need to know about "grimace gate."

Andrew Bynum will play against the Sixers on Friday

The Cavs are being extra-cautious with him, not even allowing him to play in back-to-backs. So, if they're going ahead with him tomorrow, it tells you this was nothing but a momentary hiccup.

He's actually way further along than I thought he'd be at this stage of the season. The fact that he's played in four of the five games so far and had an 18 minute night this early in the season is a big surprise. Cavs fans should be ecstatic, imo.
    FYI that article you posted was posted before last night's game.

FYI that article you posted was posted before last night's game.
    Oh wow. Didn't even notice the time it was posted. Here's one from philly.com posted early this morning saying he'll play Friday and sit out Saturday.

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/sixe...s&id=230914761

There is no indication he isn't going to play and the fact that he came back last night after said grimace tells me the plans haven't been modified. Then again, I guess he could have pain or swelling today. Haven't heard anything about that being the case though.

Well, here's your answer... it's unclear. From an hour ago per @pdcavsinsider:

"Mike Brown not sure if Bynum will play in Philly Friday tho Bynum says he's going to play."

https://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/st...46078662131712

Well hopefully it was just something during the game that was only during the game. Not something lingering.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Yes the easiest route to wealth for black men is to work for an exclusive company which employs 450 players. And only guarantees 30 new employees per year.

Damn why isn't every black man taking a part of this GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY
    He's 7'0" 285lb... kinda changes the statistics

Im on a mobile so i cant give the link but check out espn.com.. bynum says he is seriously considering retirement. He says he has sharp pains and is a shell of his former self.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Im on a mobile so i cant give the link but check out espn.com.. bynum says he is seriously considering retirement. He says he has sharp pains and is a shell of his former self.
    LOL @ ESPN

They pulled that fragment from a larger story done by the Plain Dealer earlier today. In it, Bynum said he contemplated retirement over the last year because of injuries and it still crosses his mind from time to time. He does say he's currently a shell of his former self. A few days ago, he said he's unsure if his previous explosiveness will ever come back.

Note: He's not saying that he's going to retire. He was expressing the frustration of the injuries.

None of this should be a surprise. I'm sure ESPN took the two or three most salacious sentence fragments and ran with them, as usual.

I like Bynum's honesty. He's not sugarcoating his situation.

Here's the (much better) article.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....oy_for_cl.html
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 11-07-2013 at 10:43 PM.

LOL @ ESPN

They pulled that fragment from a larger story done by the Plain Dealer earlier today. In it, Bynum said he contemplated retirement over the last year because of injuries and it still crosses his mind from time to time. He does say he's currently a shell of his former self. A few days ago, he said he's unsure if his previous explosiveness will ever come back.

Note: He's not saying that he's going to retire. He was expressing the frustration of the injuries.

None of this should be a surprise. I'm sure ESPN took the two or three most salacious sentence fragments and ran with them, as usual.

I like Bynum's honesty. He's not sugarcoating his situation.

Here's the (much better) article.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....oy_for_cl.html
    Bottom line is a guy struggling mentally to fight. That cant bode well for the future and his fragile psyche.

Damn, he says he still battles sharp pains in his knees that come out sometimes. I wonder if that will ever go away?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Bottom line is a guy struggling mentally to fight. That cant bode well for the future and his fragile psyche.
    I don't think he has a "fragile psyche." I think he's a relatively young guy who has had to deal with a tremendous amount of adversity in his still young career and he's just being honest about it.

Still, the truth of what he said and, in context, is a pretty far cry from the headline ESPN went with, which was essentially "Bynum may retire."

They are pathetic.

Damn, he says he still battles sharp pains in his knees that come out sometimes. I wonder if that will ever go away?
    Well, he has very little cartilage in his knees at this point. Unless they find a way to regrow or there is a medical breakthrough with a replacement cartilage surgery, he'll probably suffer with it the rest of his life.

I feel for the guy.

NBA rookie of the year

Well, he has very little cartilage in his knees at this point. Unless they find a way to regrow or there is a medical breakthrough with a replacement cartilage surgery, he'll probably suffer with it the rest of his life.

I feel for the guy.
    He's had at least 2 of those German knee injections ala Kobe in the past 5 years. Maybe it's time to head back for another.