Default Jameer Nelson in teaching role with Magic

Nelson has scored 7,539 NBA points and gotten 3,117 assists. He has played 17,321 minutes. He has been what he was at Chester High and St. Joe's - a winning player.

"I'm in a different chapter of my career," Nelson said. "I still feel young. I'm only 31 . . . I'm also helping and teaching, trying not to step on any toes because I'm not the coach."

When you have been to the Finals and won multiple series and started 39 playoff games, this has to be different, even if Nelson was once where all his young teammates are now.

"My coaching staff and my general manager know this is difficult for me, but I wouldn't be here if I couldn't handle it," Nelson said.

He had other opportunities in the summer of 2012, but, even knowing what was about to happen with a new basketball regime in charge, he decided to stay. He is getting paid, but, if basketball were the most important thing in his life, he probably would have signed elsewhere.

-- Philadelphia Daily News

Default Re: Jameer Nelson in teaching role with Magic

I love Jameer. He really is the leader of this team. You can see now he has taken more of a passing role too.