Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here
Default Mihm out ANOTHER 4-6 weeks.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3242244

This dude was a real steal for us I hope he doesnt make a fool of himself and take his player option next year, chances are he will though.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Mihm out ANOTHER 4-6 weeks.....

Let's say goodbye to Mihm I'm ok with DJ getting his minutes. Maybe we could sign K/Brown next year at a low cost 3Mil.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Let's say goodbye to Mihm I'm ok with DJ getting his minutes. Maybe we could sign K/Brown next year at a low cost 3Mil.

Only if Mihm opts out, unless we have any kind of exception left.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1

A healthy Mihm is 10 times more valuable than DJ, I'd take Mihm over DJ every time especially in the playoffs.

I don't want to ever see Kwame in a Laker uni again, even if he is free! He makes me do this....

Smush and Kwame drove me insane, thank you Kup for ridding us of both of them!!!!

Get healthly for the playoffs Mihm!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far

id like to have kwame back on the lakers roster, but for maybe 1 million a year....
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #6
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

What is it about all these Laker players who cannot recover from injury?

Kwame was still having ankle issues at the time of the trade, Luke is still having problems with his high-anlke sprain. Mihm has been hurt for 2 years now and cannot recover.

Is the medical staff not rehabing them properly, or are the players too fragile to begin with?
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
Lakers4PHAT
I airball my layups

Lakers4PHAT has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
A healthy Mihm is 10 times more valuable than DJ, I'd take Mihm over DJ every time especially in the playoffs.

I don't want to ever see Kwame in a Laker uni again, even if he is free! He makes me do this....

Smush and Kwame drove me insane, thank you Kup for ridding us of both of them!!!!

I still remember how good Mihm was before the injury (2 years ago). Back then our Lakers team was not so good, and yet maybe besides Kobe and Turiaf, Mihm was the only guy who played with a lot passion. I think if Mihm can get healthy again, he will be alot better than DJ could ever be. I think the key is just to give him more time to get healthy. It will pay off later. Having said that, I am also happy the Lakers signed DJ for this season. We need as many BIG as I can get.
Lakers4PHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #8
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far

WTF...seriously, our medical staff needs to be re-evaluated. It does't make sense why it is taking Mihm so long to recover from his ankle issues. Do it right the first time instead of opening that ankle up over and over again. His career is over...poor guy
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #9
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker Magic 32
WTF...seriously, our medical staff needs to be re-evaluated. It does't make sense why it is taking Mihm so long to recover from his ankle issues. Do it right the first time instead of opening that ankle up over and over again. His career is over...poor guy

He had a major ankle injury (ankle reconstruction if I am not mistaken)that did not heal correctly and his ankle had to be rebroken so they could try and get it healed correctly. Its not just a broken bone or a ligament, its everything in his ankle so he's got multiple things going on in there.

I am pretty sure Kwame had a simlar injury and also had surgery to reconstruct his ankle. It's hobbled him all year as well.

It's a rare nasty injury that will take a very long time to heal and both their ankles may never recover 100%
Old 02-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #10
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

this a heel injury unrealated to the ankles injury..
walton needed rest but came back too early because of other guys on the team being hurt... kwame was both an ankle and a knee don't forget...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #11
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

QFT, I never liked Smush nor did I like Kwame...Both of them had this negative vibe about them plus they were hurting the Laker's offensively and defensively.

I can't believe the Lakers kept them for so long...
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:51 AM   #12
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
He had a major ankle injury (ankle reconstruction if I am not mistaken)that did not heal correctly and his ankle had to be rebroken so they could try and get it healed correctly. Its not just a broken bone or a ligament, its everything in his ankle so he's got multiple things going on in there.

I am pretty sure Kwame had a simlar injury and also had surgery to reconstruct his ankle. It's hobbled him all year as well.

It's a rare nasty injury that will take a very long time to heal and both their ankles may never recover 100%

I understand it was a major surgery...ankles even worse because you can't avoid putting pressure on it. His heel issues are a result of improper weight placement. Which the medical staff should have been monitoring...he should be like Brady with an aircast on. We all know if this was Kobe this wouldn't have happened.

I just feel bad for a good player who is getting the short end of the stick...
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #13
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Center Chris Mihm underwent surgery Wednesday to have a screw removed from his right heel. He will be out about six weeks.

edit: corrected link
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...tory?track=rss
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: