Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #16
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: seven deadly sins question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
I think any and all religions should be up in arms about science today and the advancements we've made. Their reasons for speaking out against science are completely understandable. Is a particular religious order supposed to erase all their teachings and beliefs that have been going on for thousands of years because a doctor in some lab proves to the world that he too can create and destroy life??

this is no reason to heed their teachings if they have become outdated and obsolete.... the people who thought the world to be flat were silenced once the truth came to light... there was no reason to listen to those ideas any longer...

the emergence of better understanding will push some of the older ideas off the table... thats the way an emergent society (or any society worth its own existence) continues to grow...

When society chooses status quo over continued growth, then the society itself runs the risks of becoming outdated and obsolete

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 03-13-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #17
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

HisAirness has decent reputationHisAirness has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
I think any and all religions should be up in arms about science today and the advancements we've made. Their reasons for speaking out against science are completely understandable. Is a particular religious order supposed to erase all their teachings and beliefs that have been going on for thousands of years because a doctor in some lab proves to the world that he too can create and destroy life??

Seriously?
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #18
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have yet to see a conflict between science and my religious beliefs. It is important for the believer imo to differentiate between faith and dogma.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #19
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
"the flesh" is your enemy...you have to fight it everyday

It's all good though, 'cause the good old Lord will forgive us.

_____

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #20
dashoebox
I hit open layups

dashoebox has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
watch the movie, se7en..

yea loved that movie and it was after i watched it that got me thinking about this stuff.
dashoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: