Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: NBA Live 13 First Gameplay Footage

This 'thing' isn't even worth commenting, I think they are being realistic and they know they can't compete with nba2k so they'll release a half-product at 20$ with crappy graphics and sub-par gameplay, and will probably sell only 30 copies total.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbullets

2K13 is awesome. Played the demo at Gamescom.
    2K13 is probably the same game 2K11 was with features they've either taken out before + put in again or have added in to distract you from the actual problems with the mechanics.

I wouldn't be mad if you gave us some insights you had during the demo, specifically what makes it different from 2K11/12.

Turrible turrible turrible

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

arcade stays arcade

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    The video they are showing is a pre alpha version...like one commenter said

"It's like looking at cake batter and saying, "Hey that's not a cake! OMGFAILEASUX!""
    Lol Bullshit. Don't believe everything EA's marketing department tells you, they either want to cancel the release or simply release the game download only without any footage shown beforehand. So they are pissed real footage leaked, saying it's not even an alpha is just textbook damage control.

And even if it's a couple of months old: this title has been in development for between two and three times as long as a regular sports release. The game still looks that shitty after at least two years of polishing?

Puked in my mouth after seeing Live gameplay finally.

Made that high school varsity squad Hotbullets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    2K13 is probably the same game 2K11 was with features they've either taken out before + put in again or have added in to distract you from the actual problems with the mechanics.

I wouldn't be mad if you gave us some insights you had during the demo, specifically what makes it different from 2K11/12.
    I played two five minute quarters. One against this douchy little German kid who kept shooting for threes with any player (Ibaka for instance...), so yeah I was kind of annoyed and I really wanted to beat him, so I didn't focus that much on the gameplay, haha!

But then the second game was against my main man Granny Danger and I was really impressed. The collision system has improved greatly, no more awkward bumps in the paint, everything looks so realistic. Even though I didn't get enough time to get used to the new control stick (I think that'll take a while for ANYONE), it felt like a great addition and I can't wait to actually master it. One thing I thought was really weird, is that spin moves for example work with the control stick (right) as well as with the left stick. I was trying to do some combinations and sometimes they worked (spin move into crossover), but they were kind of hard to pull off.

The game feels slower, a bit more simmy imo. Oh and there are a shitload of new pass animations, no pass looks the same, which is awesome. Westbrook threw some flashy dimes, especially the bounce passes really work well. I'm really excited because for me that was the main problem in 2K12.

The demo was only 80% finished, and I thought it already looked real polished. If you compare it to that shit video EA released, yeah well, it's a no-contest really.

If you have more specific questions, then shoot!

Thank you for replying.

I have an assload of questions but I don't want to waste your time.

Just a couple, if you'd be so kind as to answer:

1. What was the difficulty? In 2K12/11, the gameplay mechanics aren't really a problem until you start playing HOF difficulty, which is what I play exclusively. I take any new improvements with a grain of salt, as all of 2K's titles have looked fine on Rookie to All-Star difficulty.

2. Were you able to move around the court without getting bumped every damn second? Getting bumped in the paint is one thing, but when you're trying to play off ball in 2K12, being in small proximity of 1 defender (even on the perimeter) causes your guy to go in a "bumping" animation that really ruins the flow of the game.

3. Pick and Roll game. Was it still terrible?

4. Low Post scoring. Were defenders still getting pushed around no matter -what- by big men that were posting up? And were they still getting scored on like 9/10 times on whatever shot was put up from a post position?

5. Rebounding. Does the CPU still know where every rebound is going, and is there still that stupid "volleyball" type of rebounding going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbullets
    I played two five minute quarters. One against this douchy little German kid who kept shooting for threes with any player (Ibaka for instance...), so yeah I was kind of annoyed and I really wanted to beat him, so I didn't focus that much on the gameplay, haha!

But then the second game was against my main man Granny Danger and I was really impressed. The collision system has improved greatly, no more awkward bumps in the paint, everything looks so realistic. Even though I didn't get enough time to get used to the new control stick (I think that'll take a while for ANYONE), it felt like a great addition and I can't wait to actually master it. One thing I thought was really weird, is that spin moves for example work with the control stick (right) as well as with the left stick. I was trying to do some combinations and sometimes they worked (spin move into crossover), but they were kind of hard to pull off.

The game feels slower, a bit more simmy imo. Oh and there are a shitload of new pass animations, no pass looks the same, which is awesome. Westbrook threw some flashy dimes, especially the bounce passes really work well. I'm really excited because for me that was the main problem in 2K12.

The demo was only 80% finished, and I thought it already looked real polished. If you compare it to that shit video EA released, yeah well, it's a no-contest really.

If you have more specific questions, then shoot!
    When was this? The games people played at E3/Gamescon are entirely different to the current build released currently according to 2K. Even though the build people played got great reception. They changed dribbling, post, animations, PNR, spacing, AI, defense, rebounds, post-D, shotblocking, and so much more since. Even shotclock and pace were addressed. 2K is finally paying attention to detail, which is what makes me excited about 2k13 than any other previous basketball game ever.

Watch these if you wanna keep up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNKWq7qpz_0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3yHLhAMzoI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAIScXDoWxI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzp9mPqbkro

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Lol Bullshit. Don't believe everything EA's marketing department tells you, they either want to cancel the release or simply release the game download only without any footage shown beforehand. So they are pissed real footage leaked, saying it's not even an alpha is just textbook damage control.

And even if it's a couple of months old: this title has been in development for between two and three times as long as a regular sports release. The game still looks that shitty after at least two years of polishing?
    Everyone thought or atleast expected EA to start the game from scratch. Looks like they took the shitty demo they made two years ago, and kept it shitty. Maybe even went a little more shitty.
    Last edited by Batz; 08-22-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Gamescom was like a week ago

Sure, no problem!

1. I can't really tell, because I was playing against human controlled opponents who were defending on-ball all the time... Anyway, we all know 2K is NO fun playing against noobs who don't understand basketball... My friend was able to defend me well, I on the other hand kind of had a hard time, but I have to admit, defense isn't my strong point in this game (those god damn shot fakes always get me ). We'll have to wait and see...

2. Pretty much, I never really had any awkward moments, it looked really fluent overall. Some players even have their own running/dribbling animations this time around. Westbrook for instance dribbles up the court as he would do in real life. Pretty cool.

3. Couldn't run actual plays (too bad, because normally I run a play on every single possession), but I could call for a pick using the left bumper. The picks really work well, I was able to create space and drive into the lane easily.

4. Honestly I had no clue on how to do post moves (they revamped those as well), so I never really tried... Did bank a nice turn around fade-away with KD though.

5. Hard to tell, I honestly can't remember. But again, I saw tons of new animations, including rebounding.

Honestly, it's kind of hard to answer these questions based off only two five minute quarters... I focused on the overall flow of the game and it felt and looked really good. Looks like 2k really put some work in it, and that they actually focused on the gameplay instead of putting in new features (you know, the MJ and legends stuff...). I'm optimistic and will buy this day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    When was this? The games people played at E3/Gamescon are entirely different to the current build released currently according to 2K. Even though the build people played got great reception. They changed dribbling, post, animations, PNR, spacing, AI, defense, rebounds, post-D, shotblocking, and so much more since. Even shotclock and pace were addressed. 2K is finally paying attention to detail, which is what makes me excited about 2k13 than any other previous basketball game ever.
    I went to Gamescom last friday.

Oh and I saw Tony Hawk! Haha

Thanks HB. Repped.

10 minute of gameplay footage with Mike Breen commentating and not a single "BANG" was heard ????? SCREW THAT GAME
    Also Mike Breen sounds a little weird,like he's talking slower than usual.

Only thing that I like about the game is the ESPN presentation (Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy) and the defense chants. Everything else is horrible.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I like breen+JVG and the sound effects but other than that it's garbage.