Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

Default The Atlantic division

With Boston trying to get K.G and the Knicks pulling trades at draft also the improvement of Toronto and the already decent Nets. This kind of makes me wonder where do the sixers stand with the other teams improving and the sixers trying to find an identity with very young players and so few veterans.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
artificial
:-P

Default Re: The Atlantic division

Sixers will have nothing to do with the increasing level of the other teams, probably for the next two seasons.

First thing should be to establish Iguodala as a franchise player, develop youngsters as Carney, Williams and Young. The environment is quite good for them imo, as Sixers have in Miller a nice PG that can teach them how to play and help increase their confidence. I'm not sure of what to think of Dalembert, but I guess he is decent there.

Next keep building for the future. I wont have my heart broken if we have a terrible season because I'm thinking of the draft already for the sixers. Some interesting prospects at PG, PF and C, which could be nice. Being a little optimistic, I'm really interested in 2 of the 3 top picks, which would be Derrick Rose (PG) and Michael Beasley (PF). Either would be a perfect fit. Outside of Beasley, not sure there are many top 10 worthy PF's, but there are a couple of SGs and Cs high in the draft. Probably some prospect I'm underrating now will carry himself up to the lottery in this year.

As for trades, I'd like philly to get a couple more veterans, although I'm not sure what could be traded. Miller should be kept for a little while more imo, and not sure any of the youngsters outside of Korver and Iggy may get have much market value. Maybe Hunter or Dalembert?

Anyway, I'm not expecting much for the sixers the next season and probably the one after that. Maybe then we could start talking about something serious, but that's up to how King builds, and I have lost faith in him.

Last edited by artificial : 07-31-2007 at 01:18 PM.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: