Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!
 
Raps4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 424
Default We got ripped

I'm going to start by saying, as a Raptors fan, I have much respect for the Hawks in fighting back in the Raptors game from a 17 pt deficit to come back in that game. However, we got ripped off AGAIN! in Atlanta. On the last play, the timekeeper started the clock early or TJ Ford's last basket would have counted and game done. This is the second time an off court official in Atlanta has screwed over the Raptors. They didn't count a basket for TJ Ford down the stretch in another game. What is wrong with your time and score keepers? I really think the Raptors should appeal this game.
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,014
Default Re: We got ripped

Everybody wants to hate on the Hawks. If the Raps do appeal the game. Its gone be like when the Hawks had to play 2 games with the Heat and they end up losing both.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!
 
Raps4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 424
Default Re: We got ripped

I'm not ripping on the Hawks, like I said, I have much respect for their spirit and fight. I just wander what's up with their scoring staff. It's almost like their trying to help the Hawks out.
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
pro5
Banned
 
pro5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 210
Default Re: We got ripped

I'm no longer a VC hater, I now hate the HAWKS.
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
hawks4life
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 127
Default Re: We got ripped

You obviously A) do not read the other threads, or B) know much about the rules of the NBA.

The Refs are in charge of starting the clock, not the Hawks staff. So don't put the blame on them, this time.
hawks4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!
 
Raps4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 424
Default Re: We got ripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks4life
You obviously A) do not read the other threads, or B) know much about the rules of the NBA.

The Refs are in charge of starting the clock, not the Hawks staff. So don't put the blame on them, this time.

Oh great, now the Hawks have paid off the refs? It's not looking good for their first round opponent.
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #7
pro5
Banned
 
pro5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 210
Default Re: We got ripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks4life
You obviously A) do not read the other threads, or B) know much about the rules of the NBA.

The Refs are in charge of starting the clock, not the Hawks staff. So don't put the blame on them, this time.

So you admit the hawks organization cheated all the other times?
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
hawks4life
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 127
Default Re: We got ripped

I'm saying the other two times, the mistake was at their end. However, it could have very well just been an accident. That is what i'm saying.
hawks4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,465
Default Re: We got ripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks4life
I'm saying the other two times, the mistake was at their end. However, it could have very well just been an accident. That is what i'm saying.
sic- cheating
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,314
Default Re: We got ripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Everybody wants to hate on the Hawks. If the Raps do appeal the game. Its gone be like when the Hawks had to play 2 games with the Heat and they end up losing both.
Two things. #1, the Hawks are not better than the Raptors. You guys have had pretty much your full, healthy roster of players the entire year, PLUS a cheating crew of officials, timekeepers, scorekeepers, etc.. and still find yourselves 6 games under .500, barely in the playoffs and destined for a first round sweep.

As someone else said, credit where credit is due for coming back from a 17 point deficit, but it's just as much of a discredit to Toronto for showing the lack of discipline and letting it happen. We allowed 3 rebounds on the last play AND let Bibby get an open 3 in the corner. ATL simply wanted it more and -- even though we got robbed on the last play -- they took it from us.

So, you can have your victory. Celebrate it. And I wish you good luck against the C's in the playoffs.

Edit: head to head record this year.

Dec.11 - 100-88 Toronto, and an injury to TJ by Horford.
Jan.18 - 89-78 Toronto w/o TJ
Apr.2 - 127-120 ATL (OT), Toronto gives up big lead and is still a mistake by an official away from taking all 3.
you get the picture.

Last edited by bokes15 : 04-10-2008 at 12:12 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #11
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,014
Default Re: We got ripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Two things. #1, the Hawks are not better than the Raptors. You guys have had pretty much your full, healthy roster of players the entire year, PLUS a cheating crew of officials, timekeepers, scorekeepers, etc.. and still find yourselves 6 games under .500, barely in the playoffs and destined for a first round sweep.

As someone else said, credit where credit is due for coming back from a 17 point deficit, but it's just as much of a discredit to Toronto for showing the lack of discipline and letting it happen. We allowed 3 rebounds on the last play AND let Bibby get an open 3 in the corner. ATL simply wanted it more and -- even though we got robbed on the last play -- they took it from us.

So, you can have your victory. Celebrate it. And I wish you good luck against the C's in the playoffs.

Edit: head to head record this year.

Dec.11 - 100-88 Toronto, and an injury to TJ by Horford.
Jan.18 - 89-78 Toronto w/o TJ
Apr.2 - 127-120 ATL (OT), Toronto gives up big lead and is still a mistake by an official away from taking all 3.
you get the picture.

I never said they was better. All I said was that the Hawks would win both games if the Raptors were to appeal like the Heat did. As much as I love my Hawks y'all got a better chance at advancing further in the playoffs anyway so why complain about it. The Hawks are just trying to get the young players a taste of the postseason so when next year come and Mike Bibby has a full season with the Hawks and we get a decent center we're going to be a team in the East not to be taken for granted.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,314
Default Re: We got ripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I never said they was better. All I said was that the Hawks would win both games if the Raptors were to appeal like the Heat did. As much as I love my Hawks y'all got a better chance at advancing further in the playoffs anyway so why complain about it. The Hawks are just trying to get the young players a taste of the postseason so when next year come and Mike Bibby has a full season with the Hawks and we get a decent center we're going to be a team in the East not to be taken for granted.
Alright, fair enough. Sorry about that, I was just letting off some steam about the incident because the bigger issue at hand for us is that instead of facing Orlando, we may have to face Detroit instead... But anyways, I guess it's good for ATL regardless of result just to be back in after all these years. so congrats and we'll leave it at that.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy