Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Tyler Sherri has something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    throwback to Monta Ellis. “Monta have it all”

Tbh it always surprised me how quickly and randomly he seemed to fall off. At his peak his midrange pull-up game was like stupid automatic, felt like he never missed. Yeah he wasn't the smartest player or have the greatest defense or a three point shot. But you could say all those things about MJ. He was still a really efficient scorer at the two spot for a little while there... and all the sudden he pretty much disappeared from relevance.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

throwback to Monta Ellis. “Monta have it all”

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Tbh it always surprised me how quickly and randomly he seemed to fall off. At his peak his midrange pull-up game was like stupid automatic, felt like he never missed. Yeah he wasn't the smartest player or have the greatest defense or a three point shot. But you could say all those things about MJ. He was still a really efficient scorer at the two spot for a little while there... and all the sudden he pretty much disappeared from relevance.
    He was a really good player who ended up being asked to do things beyond his ability. He didn’t have any business playing 40 plus minutes while playing a ball dominating lead role. He was more of a prototype sixth man off the bench who can create his own offense, knock down mid range while getting to the hoop. He was always one of the fastest players in the league. Even after he ripped his ankle apart while riding a moped back home in the offseason. They almost voided his contract. He tried to say they were playing pick up ball but they could tell there was no way the injury was done during basketball.

He could even perhaps played a larger role with more success but it’s tough because he was a combo guard and not a true point guard. You need a point guard out there with him, so that slots him to the 2 where he is very undersized and creates big problems with matchups defensively. So if you don’t have a large athletic point…it gets tough to play Monta. You need a point guard who can guard the 2 and let Monta cover their point. Someone like Lonzo ball would have been a good match with Monta. But those players are unique and hard to find or acquire. When Steph Curry first joined the Warriors there was friction between the two because it was glaringly obvious that they both couldn’t really play on the floor together. I think Monta even said it to reporters and a big deal was made out of it. But it was the truth and he saw the writing on the wall. So he got kicked around to other teams but it was always the same problems. It’s tough to hide him defensively because he’s really a shooting guard and teams would put him in roles that were too big for him. Think of when Trevor Ariza was a great bench role player for the Lakers and then Houston gave him a bunch of money and tried to make him a lead guy. It didn’t work out. It was too big of a role for him. Same deal with Monta in my opinion. He also never developed a 3 point shot.

But here is some Monta Have it All stuff. Monta and Mj in a league of their own.

Well I guess basketball reference doesn’t let you do the season search for free anymore. But I’m pretty sure that the only two players to ever score over 20 ppg at shooting guard on 53% FG are Monta Ellis and Michael Jordan.
    Last edited by warriorfan; 10-13-2021 at 07:15 PM.

He was a really good player who ended up being asked to do things beyond his ability. He didn’t have any business playing 40 plus minutes while playing a ball dominating lead role. He was more of a prototype sixth man off the bench who can create his own offense, knock down mid range while getting to the hoop. He was always one of the fastest players in the league. Even after he ripped his ankle apart while riding a moped back home in the offseason. They almost voided his contract. He tried to say they were playing pick up ball but they could tell there was no way the injury was done during basketball.

He could even perhaps played a larger role with more success but it’s tough because he was a combo guard and not a true point guard. You need a point guard out there with him, so that slots him to the 2 where he is very undersized and creates big problems with matchups defensively. So if you don’t have a large athletic point…it gets tough to play Monta. You need a point guard who can guard the 2 and let Monta cover their point. Someone like Lonzo ball would have been a good match with Monta. But those players are unique and hard to find or acquire. When Steph Curry first joined the Warriors there was friction between the two because it was glaringly obvious that they both couldn’t really play on the floor together. I think Monta even said it to reporters and a big deal was made out of it. But it was the truth and he saw the writing on the wall. So he got kicked around to other teams but it was always the same problems. It’s tough to hide him defensively because he’s really a shooting guard and teams would put him in roles that were too big for him. Think of when Trevor Ariza was a great bench role player for the Lakers and then Houston gave him a bunch of money and tried to make him a lead guy. It didn’t work out. It was too big of a role for him. Same deal with Monta in my opinion. He also never developed a 3 point shot.

But here is some Monta Have it All stuff. Monta and Mj in a league of their own.

Well I guess basketball reference doesn’t let you do the season search for free anymore. But I’m pretty sure that the only two players to ever score over 20 ppg at shooting guard on 53% FG are Monta Ellis and Michael Jordan.

I remember when he was doin that. Shit was impressive.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out View Post
    Bubble hero was better than luka and ja....hes never gonna be better than trae

Bubble hero was good enough to be a 2nd option on a championship team. Ja and Luka arent good enough to be that. Trae is

Luka will never accept that he's not a number 1 on a championship team caliber player. so he would self sabotage the team before he ever allows a player to carry him as his #1. Ja is a #3 on a championship team
    Wait, whut? Bubble Herro put up 16/5/4/1 on 43%. Luka put up 31/10/9/1 on 50%, yet somehow Herro was better?

He is definitely a walking bucket. He will turn out to be another LaVine story. He can find himself a trash team and shine in front of our very own eyes.

Default Re: Tyler Herro has something to say.

But he already has a 0-1 record in the finals. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Wait, whut? Bubble Herro put up 16/5/4/1 on 43%. Luka put up 31/10/9/1 on 50%, yet somehow Herro was better?
    Luka plays for stats….hero plays to win….or at least he did in the bubble.idk what he’s gonna do now after the bs he just said…if he does start trying to play for stats jimmy is gonna check em. So I’m not worried about hero Falling astray anytime soon. He should remain as a winning over stats player

If I want to win a championship give me bubble hero..if I want some one to put up a empty loaded stat sheet with no chance at winning a ring….give me luka
    Last edited by Im so nba'd out; 10-13-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Kids these days now are saying Herro >>>>> Luka

What in the actual f*ck

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out View Post
    Luka plays for stats
    How is that?

Local High School Star

I don't understand why Tyler used those players for comparison. I guess because they are all considered franchise players but Luka Trae and Ja are the primary ball handlers for thier team they score and create for others. If Tyler Hero could do that they would not have needed to bring in 35 year old Kyle Lowry to run the team. Dude is not even a starter if you are going to talk crazy he should have just said a top 10 player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk View Post
    3 way trade with 76ers and Nets:

Heat get Irving
    76ers get Herro
    Nets get Simmons
    I think Miami's system and veterans could reel in Kyrie, but that was before they got Lowry. He was definitely interested in a trade before he went to the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    I think Miami's system and veterans could reel in Kyrie, but that was before they got Lowry. He was definitely interested in a trade before he went to the Celtics.
    Butler would make Kyrie want to himself. They'd be great friends to begin with but that'd end fast

Quote Originally Posted by insight View Post
    I don't understand why Tyler used those players for comparison. I guess because they are all considered franchise players but Luka Trae and Ja are the primary ball handlers for thier team they score and create for others. If Tyler Hero could do that they would not have needed to bring in 35 year old Kyle Lowry to run the team. Dude is not even a starter if you are going to talk crazy he should have just said a top 10 player in the league.
    Yep. Herro sucks as a passer and primary ballhandler. Hes an elite shooter but his overall game is not there yet. Mucho turnovers.

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

I would take Luka, Trae, and Ja over him. Easily I might add.

I think he chose to mention those names specifically because subconsciously he knows that they are all better than he is.