Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Default Re: What liquor is the best for no HANGOVERS?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I still have them.
    Fedex me.

Good college starter

just drink water while you are drinking and you will have no hangover...

NBA Superstar

Do drugs that will make you thirsty so you're forced to drink water after your night of drinking is done. lol

I notice the more expensive liquors usually leave me feeling the least hungover the next morning. I never get hungover off Bombay, Goose or Henny. Maybe its just because I cant afford to drink as much of them.

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Fedex me.

Picc, you're in the LA area right? They're at every GNC or even Randalls, Safeway.... Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Actually I live in Washington D.C.

I havent checked any GNC's for it though. I used to get it at walgreens and rite-aid but they stopped carrying so I assumed it went out of business. I'll def go check GNC tonight, thanks for the heads up.

College star

Don't drink mixed, other than maybe a beer or two before the liquor.
    When you're done drinking, empty a bottle of water and eat a toast with butter and a decent amount of salt on it. When you wake up, immediatly take an Aspirin.

If you follow these orders, no hangover

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    buy these:

Won't kill your hangover but it could make it more tolerable.
    Those things are hilarious. Instructions are like take 2 and drink 10 glasses of water. I bet you could avoid the pills and stick to the 10 glasses of water and you'll feel great.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Those things are hilarious. Instructions are like take 2 and drink 10 glasses of water. I bet you could avoid the pills and stick to the 10 glasses of water and you'll feel great.
    that may be true, but I do know that Alka seltzer Morning Relief (which I dont think they still make) really did help. Something like 60 mg of caffiene and 1000 mg aspirin in a fuzzy effervesence. Helped with all the symptoms.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    yep, A hangover is caused from dehydration. Water while drinking and some toast and bannanas before bed will do a better job them some stupid pill.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Vodka has the least amount of carcinogens out of all the liquors which is alot of what causes alot of a hangover...

BUT part of a hangover is just your body recovering from being poisoned by alcohol...when you get drunk, you are poisoning your body...and your body needs rest to recover...

also, hangover range a great deal from person to person and I don't really understand why...apparently around 25% of humans do not suffer from them at all...and I don't see a reason to believe it has to do with body weight or sex, or anything other than pure luck in your genes...as I have known little 120 lb alcoholic chicks that can drink a ton of vodka every night...

from Wiki:

A hangover (veisalgia) describes the sum of unpleasant physiological effects following heavy consumption of a drug, most notably alcoholic beverages. The most commonly reported characteristics of a hangover include headache, nausea, sensitivity to light and noise, lethargy, dysphoria, diarrhea and thirst.

Hypoglycemia, dehydration, acetaldehyde intoxication, and vitamin B12 deficiency are all theorized causes of hangover symptoms. Hangovers may last up to two or three days after alcohol was last consumed.[1] [COLOR="Red"]Approximately 25-30% of drinkers may be resistant to hangover symptoms[/COLOR].[2] Some aspects of a hangover are viewed as symptoms of acute ethanol withdrawal, similar to the longer-duration effects of withdrawal from alcoholism, as determined by studying the increases in brain reward thresholds in rats (the amount of current required to receive to electrodes implanted in the lateral hypothalamus) following ethanol injection.[3]
    read the red...

some people are just born realy lucky...

Hellbound

Yep, when I used to drink a lot (well, I still do, but I stopped following this formula for some reason), whenever I arrived home or was calling it a night, I'd always allow myself somewhere around an hour after finishing my last drink to switch to water and when possible, eat some variety of fruit. I never really recall having hangovers back then. I remember plenty of mornings without enough sleep, but not just pure misery.

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

read the red...

some people are just born realy lucky...
    I don't believe that there's that many people immune to hangovers. I'm sure there's some, but nowhere near that many. At least 20-25% of those people just simply haven't been drinking enough.

Vitamin B12 deficiency, huh? Didnt know that.

So basically, before I start drinking I have to set aside 3 bottles of water, a banana, vitamin supplements, hangover chaser pills, and some alka seltzer in order to not feel like crap in the morning.

Man, if getting plastered werent so much fun I would just give it up altogether.

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Vitamin B12 deficiency, huh? Didnt know that.

So basically, before I start drinking I have to set aside 3 bottles of water, a banana, vitamin supplements, hangover chaser pills, and some alka seltzer in order to not feel like crap in the morning.

Man, if getting plastered werent so much fun I would just give it up altogether.
    Just give yourself an hour-ish recuperation time before going to bed in which you drink a substantial amount of water and piss approximately 37 times. Fruit is applicable. But that always did the trick for me. You just gotta have the self-control to stay awake for an hour without a drink in your hand, which can be very difficult to do by that time of night.