Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast
    I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Ask Grinder anything about basketball.

Who will win Euroleague , Top 10 European players ( under fiba rules ) , top 3 European players at every position ? Was Dirk the best player on the world last year , can Dalas win Nba again ? Top 5 fastest players on the world , top 3 3pt shooters in his prime last 10 years , best dunk and best pass you ever saw ? What Nt do you think are best in the world , what do you think are 5 best basketball countries ? Please awnser all my questions .
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 01-17-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    who will win the mvp and the championship?
    MVP: Lebron James
    Championship: Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I agree with most of the things.

But Bill Walker shouldn't be starting. He's dumb as a rock,only chuck shots and doesn't make any impact on the game when his shot isn't falling (more often than not).
    I'm not saying Douglas or Fields are good but I would much rather start them at shooting guard than Billy "offensive foul" Walker.

I totally approve giving Jerome Jordan more playing time. I also think Balkman should get more burn,instead of Walker.

Baron might do wonders for this team but this experiment might fail badly.
    We need to wait and see.
    He isn't the most cerebral player, but I feel the Knicks need to shake up their starting lineup/rotation a bit. Any change to bring some life into the team. Looks like Jerome Jordan is going to get more playing time....in the D-League.

I think Balkman should play instead of Jeffries, he just needs to stop shooting jumpers. The thing with Baron is that he can't possibly be worse than the point guard production they've been getting, and he'll instantly step in and become their best playmaker, and it's fairly low risk signing.

I'll get to the rest of the questions in a bit - answering them all in order.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Who are your favorite teams to watch this year? Who will turn some heads come late season/playoff time?

Talk about LaMarcus Aldridge and how his career may go. If he will stay in portland, if he is a #1 option, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but how far will the Sixers get this year in the playoffs? (I haven't watched them play at all this season)
    I'll be able to answer this a lot a better after the upcoming tough stretch of games the Sixers have, but what's the fun in that? I think the Sixers have a good shot at the second round but I can't see them beating the Heat or the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by zac
    How do you feel about this Grizzlies team compared to last years team, especially once Randolph comes back to solidify the front court?

Conley/Selby/Pargo
    Allen/Mayo
    Gay/Pondexter/Young
    Randolph/Speights/Cunningham
    Gasol/Haddadi

Also how do you feel about Speight production after coming to the Grizzlies. He's seriously impressed me.
    I feel the Grizzlies team this year could be better than last year's team with a healthy Zach Randolph. Right now, their depth is really suffering and simply put, guys like Josh Davis, Dante Cunningham, and Marreese Speights should not be seeing significant rotation minutes on a good playoff team. A healthy Zach Randolph and a motivated, productive OJ Mayo off the bench is the key to their success in my opinion. I think it'd be a mistake to trade Mayo because he could definitely be their James Harden. I like what I've seen from Selby and Pargo, but I don't remember seeing Haddadi on court once - big men depth is crucial in the playoffs.

Speights has been pretty good in the Grizzlies' games I've seen. He's always shown the ability to be productive when given the minutes...he's got a sweet jumper and is athletic but one thing I hated about him on the Sixers is he'd make dumb plays, couldn't pass it, and despite his athletic gifts, his defense was pretty poor. I wish him all the best on the Grizzlies and it looks like he's playing seizing the opportunity he's got at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    why are you called grinder?
    Because I'm always on the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Talk about the 2012 NBA draft prospects a bit.

Its only Jan so chances are the same questions can be asked with difference answers. We all know March Madness has turned players into overnight sensations. Guys who you figured would more likely come out a year later end up coming out in this years draft. Tyrus Thomas is one who comes to mind.

But for now, what of the 2012 NBA prospects has impressed you and who hasnt? For me Perry Jones just has me 2nd guessing what to expect of him at the next level. I dont know if he has "it". He looks the part and you want to think all he needs to do is work on x, y, and z and bam you got a stud. I dont know if he has that hunger, determination to be as great as people make him out to be. That passion, leadership quality, killer instinct. I hate to think of him as an athletic kid who is just getting by for now.

Any thoughts on Harrison Barnes, Jeremy Lamb, Brad Beal, Austin Rivers, Marquis Teague and others who could be in the 2012 draft?

Any sleepers or guys who are under the radar. They are known but not popular per say. Like Kevin Jones who ate Perry Jones breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. He's been consistently productive this year. Any guys like that you think people should keep an eye out on.

Any chance Tony Wroten comes out or too early to say? Like I said some of these questions are a bit premature in that a really good March run could determine a whole lot. But a guy like Austin Rivers has to look over his shoulder at someone like him no? He could be the reason you decide to return to school and try your luck in 2013 lottery.

You know I'm a Sixers fan, so any PF prospects to replace Brand? I'd prefer a guy who is a damn good rebounder moreso than someone who can give you lights out offense.
    I'm going to answer this post in 2 parts because I've got a really long response.

I think this year's draft class is one of the better ones we've seen in the last decade, not loaded with superstars like in 03, but loaded with quality starters and possible all stars like 08.

I questioned the same things about Perry Jones when I watched him last year and at times in his first few games this season, but I think he's the real deal. I worry about him becoming another Anthony Randolph, but if I'm a GM, a guy with his skill set and athleticism is too good to pass up. Even if he doesn't have the superstar mentality, he'd be a great complimentary piece next to good low post center or a star swingman. I love what I've seen this year and I would not hesitate to take him top 5.

Guys who have impressed me:
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - this guy has an insane motor, is deadly in transition, is already an elite defender, a good rebounder and passer, and everything about him just screams "winner", my only concern is his jumper which has pretty flawed mechanics

Anthony Davis - I had a lot of doubts about this guy coming into his freshman season and he's erased all of them and then some

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Not sure if its been asked already, but Harrison Barnes or Michael Gilchrist? Who do u see having the better NBA career?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I feel the Grizzlies team this year could be better than last year's team with a healthy Zach Randolph. Right now, their depth is really suffering and simply put, guys like Josh Davis, Dante Cunningham, and Marreese Speights should not be seeing significant rotation minutes on a good playoff team. A healthy Zach Randolph and a motivated, productive OJ Mayo off the bench is the key to their success in my opinion. I think it'd be a mistake to trade Mayo because he could definitely be their James Harden. I like what I've seen from Selby and Pargo, but I don't remember seeing Haddadi on court once - big men depth is crucial in the playoffs.

Speights has been pretty good in the Grizzlies' games I've seen. He's always shown the ability to be productive when given the minutes...he's got a sweet jumper and is athletic but one thing I hated about him on the Sixers is he'd make dumb plays, couldn't pass it, and despite his athletic gifts, his defense was pretty poor. I wish him all the best on the Grizzlies and it looks like he's playing seizing the opportunity he's got at the moment.

I agree with most of that. Josh Davis will likely be cut soon or just used as a DNP once Haddadi is back. He's been waiting on a work visa to get cleared and he's in Canada right now because it's supposed to go through today so Haddadi should be in uniform this weekend or the beginning of next week. Speights has been great though, his midrange is killer and he's actually started driving in and using his size more and has been stepping up his rebounds a ton, and he's not a great defender but he's big enough to disrupt people and he's been pretty good at taking charges. I like Cunningham but he's mainly a small ball PF and could be Rudy's backup at SF when needed. OJ Mayo is by far the wildcard to this teams success, like scoring 14 in the 4th quarter last night. He's got his shot and confidence back.

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

GRINDER:

Fix the Wizards

Assume they have a top 2 draft pick. Feel free to add FAs, etc.

Go!

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Grinder, your input on THIS, please?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Any thoughts on Harrison Barnes, Jeremy Lamb, Brad Beal, Austin Rivers, Marquis Teague and others who could be in the 2012 draft?

Any sleepers or guys who are under the radar. They are known but not popular per say. Like Kevin Jones who ate Perry Jones breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. He's been consistently productive this year. Any guys like that you think people should keep an eye out on.

Any chance Tony Wroten comes out or too early to say? Like I said some of these questions are a bit premature in that a really good March run could determine a whole lot. But a guy like Austin Rivers has to look over his shoulder at someone like him no? He could be the reason you decide to return to school and try your luck in 2013 lottery.

You know I'm a Sixers fan, so any PF prospects to replace Brand? I'd prefer a guy who is a damn good rebounder moreso than someone who can give you lights out offense.

Harrison Barnes - Has the potential to be an elite swingman

Thanks for the reply Grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Who will win Euroleague , Top 10 European players ( under fiba rules ) , top 3 European players at every position ? Was Dirk the best player on the world last year , can Dalas win Nba again ? Top 5 fastest players on the world , top 3 3pt shooters in his prime last 10 years , best dunk and best pass you ever saw ? What Nt do you think are best in the world , what do you think are 5 best basketball countries ? Please awnser all my questions .
    Great questions.

Who will win Euroleague?
    CSKA Moscow

Top 10 European players (Under FIBA rules)
    1. Dirk Nowitzki
    2. Pau Gasol
    3. Marc Gasol
    4. Tony Parker
    5. Andrei Kirilenko
    6. Juan Carlos Navarro
    7. Nicolas Batum
    8. Milos Teodosic
    9. Nenad Krstic
    10. Vassilis Spanoulis

Was Dirk the best player in the world last year?
    During the playoffs? Yes. Overall season? No.

Can Dallas win it again?
    Maybe, but Odom and Carter will have to be on top form and Dirk will have to regain his form from last year's title run to have any chance.

Top 5 fastest players?
    1. John Wall
    2. Derrick Rose
    3. Nate Robinson
    4. Ty Lawson
    5. Leandro Barbosa

Top 3 point shooter in his prime in the last 10 years?
    1. Ray Allen
    2. Peja Stojakovic
    3. Reggie Miller
    Honorable mention to Steve Nash

Best dunk I've ever seen?
    Dunk de la mort AKA Vince Carter on Frederic Weis

Best pass I've ever seen?
    Jason Williams' Elbow Pass

Best NT in the World?
    Team USA

Five best basketball countries?
    1. USA
    2. Spain
    3. Serbia
    4. France
    5. Lithuania

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Given Russell Westbrook's new deal, do you think he is overpaid?

I do and I was looking to see if I'm on a island on this one.

Diaw Fan

Your thoughts on Jonas Valanciunas and his potential upon coming over to the NBA?