Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    College star

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rockets Going After 'free agent' Dwight Howards in Summer

That has to be one of the worst original posts I've ever s...

**notices OP's name**

Never mind. Just the norm.

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rockets Going After 'free agent' Dwight Howards in Summer

Teaming up with Harden would be a great move for Dwight... if he's interested in winning.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Recruiding dem Howards.

Realistically how would a team consisting of only Dwight Howards do?

Here's how it would look:

PG- Dwight Howard
    SG- Dwight Howard
    SF- Dwight Howard
    PF- Dwight Howard
    C- Dwight Howard

Does this team break the Bulls' single-season win record? Do they win 10 straight championships?

I predict they would win 75-82 games each year and most likely sweep the playoffs for about 8 years with Dwight Howard winning MVP and FMVP each year.

What are your expectations for a team constructed of only Dwight Howards?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb

PG- Dwight Howard
    SG- Dwight Howard
    SF- Dwight Howard
    PF- Dwight Howard
    C- Dwight Howard

Does this team break the Bulls' single-season win record? Do they win 10 straight championships?

I predict they would win 75-82 games each year and most likely sweep the playoffs for about 8 years with Dwight Howard winning MVP and FMVP each year.

Plus you have Dwight Howard as your 6th man

RIP NBA

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb

PG- Dwight Howard
    SG- Dwight Howard
    SF- Dwight Howard
    PF- Dwight Howard
    C- Dwight Howard

300 free throw attempts a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    300 free throw attempts a game.
    So about 60 points from the line in each game?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Wow.

Dwight would be in a really healthy environment. Plus his coaches would be Hakeem and McHale, perhaps the two greatest offensive post players of all-time.

I would really like to see this.

They may have to sign and trade for him though, something like Parsons or Lin + Asik for Dwight. I could see Dwight being so stupid as to bankrupt the team he's going to in order to score an extra 20 or so mil.

But once he's there? A team full of great young guys and the perfect coaches for him. Yes that would be a title contender for sure.
    I thought a sign-and-trade of a free agent wouldn't cost anything other than draft picks. Similar to what happened with LeBron/Cleveland and Bosh/Toronto.

Honestly I don't know if I take him over Asik these days. Then again, if he was motivated it would be a different story (which is what I'm assuming the Rockets are banking on).

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    I thought a sign-and-trade of a free agent wouldn't cost anything other than draft picks. Similar to what happened with LeBron/Cleveland and Bosh/Toronto.
    it's a new cba first of all. 2nd, lakers aren't giving away dwight for anything less than a gtd top 3 draft pick pick in the scenario you laid out (even that prolly won't get it done).

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    it's a new cba first of all. 2nd, lakers aren't giving away dwight for anything less than a gtd top 3 draft pick pick in the scenario you laid out (even that prolly won't get it done).
    under the new cba, correct me if im wrong, were not allowed to sign and trade any players if were over the cap. so essentially, the ball is in dwights court for the remainder of the season. or are we allowed to do so, if we are sending him to a team under the cap?

Banned

Ah, shit. I totally forgot about the new CBA. And I have no clue what a new sign-and-trade rule would be like either.

So when Dwight does become a free agent, do the Lakers still "sorta" have his rights to match offers from other teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    under the new cba, correct me if im wrong, were not allowed to sign and trade any players if were over the cap. so essentially, the ball is in dwights court for the remainder of the season. or are we allowed to do so, if we are sending him to a team under the cap?
    i think the team trading for the player can't be over the cap by 2million or more...

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Ah, shit. I totally forgot about the new CBA. And I have no clue what a new sign-and-trade rule would be like either.

So when Dwight does become a free agent, do the Lakers still "sorta" have his rights to match offers from other teams?
    nah, lakers don't have any rights. however the lakers can give dwight the most money so it'd be in dwight's best financial interest to resign with LA or have LA facilitate the sign and trade with the team of his choice..

Banned

nah, lakers don't have any rights. however the lakers can give dwight the most money so it'd be in dwight's best financial interest to resign with LA or have LA facilitate the sign and trade with the team of his choice..
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks.