Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: If Durant and Westbrook dont make tha 2nd round..

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Just going off of that post about acquiring lowry. what about westbrook for a s/t lowry and ross? either team interested? is it even possible?
    sounds like a good trade.

Rt: trade Westbrook+Perkins expirer+2nd rounder for Rondo+ Sullinger

There will be changes.

The coach and players will change IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    It's def a failure.

I think they should shop WB, see what is available. Not that Memphis is a bad team at all, but still losing in the first round when you are a contender is ****ed up.

Likely, they will fire Brooks and keep the team the same though. I really think they could get a lot of worth out of Westbrook, though, he is definitely overqualified for his job. That 2 players who don't fit doesn't work. It didn't work with Bron and Wade, either, until Wade took a back seat. Even then it sometimes still pops up.

In no situation should we have Durant rebounding the ball and going coast to coast for a shot because he doesn't know if he'll get the ball back. That means the chemistry is ****ed, no matter what the outcome is.

They need someone dedicated to getting Durant the ball where he wants it. Durant is not a ball handler. If your primary ball handler shoots as much as your scorer, that's ****ed up. I think Westbrook has tons of talent and this situation is also handicapping him. So, hopefully they figure it out.

-Smak
    Good point the bolded and good post.

Durant desparately needs a pass first point guard and a post up banger down low. Get these two things? He can win a chip. Oh and a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Good point the bolded and good post.

Durant desparately needs a pass first point guard and a post up banger down low. Get these two things? He can win a chip. Oh and a new coach.
    Wait. WhT about Perkins doe?
    --------

Serious now.

Grab him Monroe or Gibson via FA.

+ trade Westbrook +perkins +2nd round pick for Rondo+Sullinger (banger)

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Fire the idiot coach.

Get a real coach.

Add 1 more piece somehow...I'm still sure the Dallas pick (21st pick) and Perry Jones and maybe a future 2nd round nets you Afflalo.

Win multiple titles...
    Weren't you giving me shit when I made a thread that the Thunder need to fire Scott Brooks?

Oh and hire SVG or Hollins

the durant hate is so funny. do you think that he would play that bad agains b9bcats? or that lebron would play that good against memphis?

lheat with lebron, wade, bosh, anderson etc. pp only against ****ing lowskilled teams until the finals. even the pacers are a joke, toronto are clowns. easy way for miami like every year in the east. no real competition, they can rest a lot and play in the finals against exhausted west-teams. wow. how strong heat and lebron are

1. Replace the coach.

2. Get a replacement for Thabo. Afflalo if possible. Need someone who can score and play defense, not one or the other. Perkins contract expires at the end of next year.. need to ride that out. Play Adams more to give him burn time.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Fire the idiot coach.

Get a real coach.

Add 1 more piece somehow...I'm still sure the Dallas pick (21st pick) and Perry Jones and maybe a future 2nd round nets you Afflalo.

Win multiple titles...
    Agreed he would be a perfect fit.

KD has obviously had a poor performance these playoffs and has underperformed to his usual standards which is mostly on him. But the way Brooks has this offense playing puts way too much pressure on KD and Westbrook to virtually create the offense through their supreme talent. Brooks puts some awfully inept offensive lineups on the floor outside of both KD and RW putting even more defensive attention on both and he runs no sets to create easy shots. It's literally give the ball to either RW or KD and let them breakdown the offense and make a play.

Defensively Brooks isn't a bad coach, I'll give him credit that he has us playing some elite defense at times and has made some good defensive adjustments in the past. But obviously on the other side of the ball he is woeful.

Presti really either has two decisions in my mind. We bring in someone like Afflalo who can take some offensive attention off KD and WB. It was shown that Brooks ISO system can be effective with 3 talented offensive players, obviously Afflalo doesn't match Harden on the offensive end but his defense more then makes up for that gap on offense.

Or we simply sack Brooks and bring in a better coach. This option may be more risky and could take a while for the new coach to implement his style onto the Thunder but it may be the only way we could win a title.

So it's either take the easier, less risky short term option and hope that Brooks with the addition of someone like Afflalo could be enough to mask the flaws in Brook's ISO offense, or we go the more riskier, longer term, possibly higher reward option of replacing Brooks. Who knows Presti might just do both.
    Last edited by KDthunderup; 05-01-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Serious playground baller SHABBA's Avatar

The Westbrook/Durant dynamic isn't really the issue in this series. If KD can't even free himself to receive the ball, I don't see why Russ shouldn't be taking 20+ shots. They need both of them to be taking 20+ shots really, as they have been.

The problem is with the offense in general and the complete lack of Brooks running any plays to get better looks. I know it's easy to blame KD or RW for jacking up threes late in games but given the amount of timeouts teams have in these situations, how is that not on Brooks? How can he not be sorting out a play to get the best look?

Imagine this OKC team with Carlisle, man.

The problem is their chemistry. Their two best players are both chuckers, and their coach has no offensive scheme in place for the event that both players are having a rough game.

The problem is that KD is a game 1 warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    The problem is their chemistry. Their two best players are both chuckers, and their coach has no offensive scheme in place for the event that both players are having a rough game.
    I truly think one of the reasons KD and RW are chuckers because there really aren't too many other players on this team capable of creating their own shots and because Brooks gives them free reign and never holds them accountable for taking poor shots.

I would love to see Westbrook play under a stricter coach who would hold him more accountable for some of his erratic play. He would probably still come up with some boneheaded plays but I reckon under a new coach the perception of his game could change.