Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Future D1 Dad

Default Re: Would you accept being locked in an empty room...

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    and thats what security deposits and insurance is for.
    i know but it just seems like too much trouble to me. it would be cool as hell to be your own boss though.

imagine having some hot female tenants who just can't seem to come up w/ the rent every month. bang city.

I'll try but whether I last the entire year? Hard to tell. Being isolated like that will do things to your mind I think. I mean it sounds like solitary confinement. 365 days, 24hrs in a day? I'll probably lose my mind and ask out.

Also you dudes talkin bout books, writing. How are those tools to survive? Basically you're going to be given food, water and thats it really. You're not getting anything that you can do. There is no weight bench. There is no shelf of books or crossworld puzzles. Come on.
    Last edited by GOBB; 09-30-2010 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    i could live off it the rest of my life. buy property in a college town and rent it out.
    I think i'd set up a lemonade stand at Disney World lol. If that's not money I don't know what is

Spend about $8.80 a day on Kool Aid Lemonade, then charge $7.00 a cup to over 10,000 people a day.

Very good NBA starter

Prob couldnt do it isolated in an empty room with nothing in it. But could definitely do it on an island.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'll try but whether I last the entire year? Hard to tell. Being isolated like that will do things to your mind I think. I mean it sounds like solitary confinement. 365 days, 24hrs in a day? I'll probably lose my mind and ask out.
    add not being able to see ur family, especially kids. i know i wouldn't last a week.

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    add not being able to see ur family, especially kids. i know i wouldn't last a week.
    Yeah, I dont have kids but folks with kids? A whole year away? They wont last long. All that idle time to just think? No way you wont think about the things you love/miss.

Like Keyless said, a guitar would do it... srsly, who wouldn't love to basically get paid to be locked in a room to learn/practice/dominate some strings? Kinda like Bill and Ted did to learn guitar... kinda

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah, I dont have kids but folks with kids? A whole year away? They wont last long. All that idle time to just think? No way you wont think about the things you love/miss.
    They could use all that time to think of a song to sing to their kids when they got out! A whole year to think up song lyrics could create a new childrens' masterpiece.

"There once was a duck who...shit....there once was a duck who....what could that damn duck do? There once was a DUCK who wanted to...god crap it! There once was a duck who wanted to FLY! Yeah yeah that's it there once was a duck who wanted to fly....oh wait ducks can already fly. F*ck it let me out of here. "

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    Like Keyless said, a guitar would do it... srsly, who wouldn't love to basically get paid to be locked in a room to learn/practice/dominate some strings? Kinda like Bill and Ted did to learn guitar... kinda
    What part of being LOCKED IN AN EMPTY ROOM dont you understand?

This is not hey guys you're going to be locked in a room and in it will be things that interest you that you can enjoy for a year. And get this? $10,000,000 will be yours. The whole idea is you sitting in an isolated room for an entire year with only the things to survive (so you dont die in it).

"Hey sure I can play with my iPhone 4. I'll just add so many free apps. It'll be fun."

"I am a comic book fanatic. I'll just OD on them. Awesome!"

"Me and my guitar. *sigh* Good times, good music. YAY!"

"Books and paper to write on? I'll create masterpieces with a years time. HBO anyone?

No one is giving you $10mil to sit in a f*cking room to enjoy yourself.

They could use all that time to think of a song to sing to their kids when they got out! A whole year to think up song lyrics could create a new childrens' masterpiece.

"There once was a duck who...shit....there once was a duck who....what could that damn duck do? There once was a DUCK who wanted to...god crap it! There once was a duck who wanted to FLY! Yeah yeah that's it there once was a duck who wanted to fly....oh wait ducks can already fly. F*ck it let me out of here. "

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

You people are delusional if you think that it was just you food and a bed that you'd make it.

But if you get like a piano and books and paper and shit. For me my euphonium, a basketball and a hoop should be good....

If I get a bed, then that would certainly improve my chances of making it. Is there light in the room or is it dark? If they give you food at regular intervals, then you could keep track of time. You'd just need a piece of chalk to write on the wall

I have little games to help me pass the time on a slow day at work or when having trouble falling asleep. Try to name 25 musicians that start with the letter 'a', then 'b', and so on (usually skipping retarded letters like 'x'). You can do it for various things (sports teams, movies, countries, etc.), but damn, trying to pass time for a whole year?

Saw a basketball once

I definitely think I will be able to do it. For $10 Million? Are you kidding me?

Even if there are no windows, food is given at random intervals, and you have absolutely nothing but a white bed and emptiness. Even with practically nothing. A life setting amount for just a year.

You can roughly estimate the time by how much you sleep. Not very accurate, especially after a while, but you will not be more than a month off. That's good enough to know. At worst you might have to stay their 1 more month based on your estimations.

What to do till then with nothing? Well, physical activities is one good idea, like push-ups and pull-ups. But you still have another powerful tool to play with. Your mind. Play mind games. And there are endless possibilities here.

Plus I'm a gambler by heart so there is no way I could pass this up
    Last edited by Gambler23; 09-30-2010 at 02:33 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Hell no. I would not waste a year of my life for money. Life is too short.
    Right. But I'd rather take a life that is 70 years long with much higher quality than a life that is 71 years long with much lower quality. It comes down to the old quantity vs. quality debate. In this case, there is not much difference in quantity while the quality difference can be huge.

3-time NBA All-Star

I think people are really underestimating the effect that nothingness has on one's mind, and one's sanity.

We're talking at least 14 hours per day for 365 days (5,110 hours, over 300k minutes) of doing nothing but thinking and staring at whatever wall is in front of oneself.

Its easy to think that $10 million is worth anything, but I doubt the majority of people in this thread would last longer than one month, myself included.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I think people are really underestimating the effect that nothingness has on one's mind, and one's sanity.

We're talking at least 14 hours per day for 365 days (5,110 hours, over 300k minutes) of doing nothing but thinking and staring at whatever wall is in front of oneself.

Its easy to think that $10 million is worth anything, but I doubt the majority of people in this thread would last longer than one month, myself included.
    That's if you do just stare at the walls. You should keep your mind and body active throughout. Once you can find enough things you can do with your mind and body for just 1 day, you can set yourself a daily routine that will last you months and the rest of the period.