Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: The Lingend is over

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Players always do that. "Yeah, the city I was in was PRETTY good. But CURRENT CITY has the greatest fans in the world!! I can't wait to play here!!"

Probably just some of that........

now that he is headed for the land of obscurity, should he tag onto Kim Kardashian as a glimmer of last hope of celebrity status, or any status at all whatsoever?

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    Hello Class!

Redbagel just said Knicks are ready to win a ship right now, what are your reactions?

Is this Fox News?

I said Knicks are TRYING to go for a championship right now. That's why Felton might make more sense in the next 3-4 years. I didn't say they would win it.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Couple of places. Chinese papers. NBA TV talking to him when camp started. Same interviews where he says he's not yet ok. I'd like to put word for word but i don't remember, i remember sitting there with my wife and thinking he didn't get it. Sorry. His tone irks me. It also irked me when he said playing at MSG was "distracting" and that the fan attention bothered him, and there were a lot of freaky people around. (He said this after he signed in HOuston about if Linsanity would continue.) I remember being at MSG for Linsanity, and when asked about it i would have expected him to say it was amazing, and he said it was distracting. Maybe it was, but that's the first thing he remembered? i know it's unfair, but it feels like i ran into a good friend from high school and said "REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN WE HAD?" and they told me "Nah, it was all pretty boring for me".

Basically i thought Lin was having the time of his life and listening to him now, it feels like he was planning an exit strategy. Makes me sad.
    I think you probably interpreted the wrong way... I believe he said something about how he enjoyed the fans and experience, yet at the same time there was so much attention and pressure, he probably was uncomfortable as he's not exactly the attention whore type. He said something about not wanting to let the hype make him feel too full of it. Also the media probably put a twist on some of the stuff being said. But for the knicks fans who are trashing him for bs reasons, that's just sad.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Is this Fox News?

I said Knicks are TRYING to go for a championship right now. That's why Felton might make more sense in the next 3-4 years. I didn't say they would win it.
    hahah says the father of the Breaking News threads [COLOR="White"]I love them though[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Bagelred
    Part of me thinks maybe smart decision to let Lin go. I mean, Knicks are ready to win NOW...right now. Melo, Amare, Chandler are in their primes.
    Not trying to hate or anything since Marshmellow is one of my favorite players around the top 5 but I don't think a duo och STAT and Melo will ever win unless they get the help of another superstar and why?

STAT is what 30-31 years? what happens when his athleticism completely fades away? I give STAT a two year window before stopped being labeled a star, then you got Melo a very ball dependent player and both he and Amar'e looks lost when they play together.

With Amar'e' age and with Miami, Lakers and Thunders having better teams that are better built I can't see them winning with this team.

There is a chance they make the Conferance Finals but even that's gonna be hard, I still think Pacers, Heat and Celtics are better then them.

If I was a Knick I would just sit back and wait for STAT's contract to end and then start to rebuild.
    Last edited by LamarOdom; 10-15-2012 at 06:10 PM.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Actually it is. If he didn't restructured his contract just to make things harder for NY to match he would still be a Knick.

Well,I'm glad he's gone. If you don't want to play for the Knicks then go away.
    We have Felton who is even better than him.
    I have never heard anything more than unsubstantiated rumors to support this, whereas I've heard quotes from Daryl Morey and Lin disproving this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    I have never heard anything more than unsubstantiated rumors to support this, whereas I've heard quotes from Daryl Morey and Lin disproving this.
    Aesirs any interest in joining a fantasy basketball league?

NBA sixth man of the year

I don't know, for the life of me, why any Knick fan would be upset/mad/annoyed/irked/whatever about anything Jeremy Lin does right now. They should be doing backflips that they aren't stick with him. As a Rocket fan, the prospect of this guy being the face of the franchise for at least the next couple of years is unsettling, to say the least. I'm hoping and praying that it works out, but every time he opens his mouth, I feel less and less confident.

Knick fans - who gives a shit about whatever moves Jeremy Lin pulled during the offer sheet process and who gives a shit why Dolan let him go? BE HAPPY THAT IT HAPPENED. Seriously. You should be enjoying yourselves watching his situation unfold right now.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    I don't know, for the life of me, why any Knick fan would be upset/mad/annoyed/irked/whatever about anything Jeremy Lin does right now. They should be doing backflips that they aren't stick with him. As a Rocket fan, the prospect of this guy being the face of the franchise for at least the next couple of years is unsettling, to say the least. I'm hoping and praying that it works out, but every time he opens his mouth, I feel less and less confident.

Knick fans - who gives a shit about whatever moves Jeremy Lin pulled during the offer sheet process and who gives a shit why Dolan let him go? BE HAPPY THAT IT HAPPENED. Seriously. You should be enjoying yourselves watching his situation unfold right now.
    Explain please?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Explain please?
    Let me rephrase that.

Everytime I read something about him (with comments he made about his knee part of that), I feel less and less confident about him.

I don't like reading that his knee STILL isn't ready to go when it was debatable whether or not he could have played in late April in the playoffs. I don't like reading that the coaches think he needs to "work harder". Stuff like that. Sometimes, I get the sense that Jeremy Lin doesn't really understand that he's in the NBA and is the face of an entire franchise. It's almost as if he wasn't even expecting to still be in the NBA or be anything more than an end-of-the-bench reserve.

Maybe I'm starting to overreact, but I feel like I've given him enough of the benefit of the doubt. He just makes me feel uneasy. We'll see what happens when the regular season starts, but all this stuff about his work ethic and knee not being ready is pretty alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Aesirs any interest in joining a fantasy basketball league?
    Sorry, I can't. I'm too busy with college nowadays.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Let me rephrase that.

Everytime I read something about him (with comments he made about his knee part of that), I feel less and less confident about him.

I don't like reading that his knee STILL isn't ready to go when it was debatable whether or not he could have played in late April in the playoffs. I don't like reading that the coaches think he needs to "work harder". Stuff like that. Sometimes, I get the sense that Jeremy Lin doesn't really understand that he's in the NBA and is the face of an entire franchise. It's almost as if he wasn't even expecting to still be in the NBA or be anything more than an end-of-the-bench reserve.

Maybe I'm starting to overreact, but I feel like I've given him enough of the benefit of the doubt. He just makes me feel uneasy. We'll see what happens when the regular season starts, but all this stuff about his work ethic and knee not being ready is pretty alarming.

maybe he really doesnt get the fact that he is at houston to be the face of the franchise ... i doubt he could be .... option 2 maybe... but i doubt he becomes the face of houston . I could be wrong ... I think the bigs that you have will have a say about that ... asik and dmo.... As it stands right i can see that this is kevin martin's team ... i cant believe i just said that.... darn...

but houston has a nice team in years time they will be better for sure ... got many trade assets as well who knows they might be ready for josh smith.

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    maybe he really doesnt get the fact that he is at houston to be the face of the franchise ... i doubt he could be .... option 2 maybe... but i doubt he becomes the face of houston . I could be wrong ... I think the bigs that you have will have a say about that ... asik and dmo.... As it stands right i can see that this is kevin martin's team ... i cant believe i just said that.... darn...

but houston has a nice team in years time they will be better for sure ... got many trade assets as well who knows they might be ready for josh smith.
    Kevin Martin isn't in the future plans, so this definitely isn't his team. He could be traded any day now, and he doesn't like McHale.

Jeremy Lin is definitely the current face of the Rockets franchise. He's their most popular play and the starting PG. They're expecting him to lead the team.

Kevin Martin isn't in the future plans, so this definitely isn't his team. He could be traded any day now, and he doesn't like McHale.

Jeremy Lin is definitely the current face of the Rockets franchise. He's their most popular play and the starting PG. They're expecting him to lead the team.
    They're expecting him to make Houston a lot of money in the Asian community. If he does well, it's an extra bonus.

It seems KMart may be back in the future plans. Everybody's been talking about how good of a leader and player he's been for us in the training camp, and KMart's now on good terms with McHale and Morey.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    They're expecting him to make Houston a lot of money in the Asian community. If he does well, it's an extra bonus.
    What everyone seems to ignore is that if Lin stinks it up and ends up going back to a bench role, he's not gonna do much for Houston money wise. I mean Yi gets votes for the ASG but he doesn't bring any of those teams he bench warmed for money from Asia.

Btw, it's not me saying I think/ want Lin to suck. I think he'll be solid, maybe above average for Houston. He's in the perfect system (high octane pick and roll) with the right players around him (shooters, hustlers and cutters) for him to do so.

Lin really did nothing wrong to NY. He went for more money like anybody would do (and NY said they'd match anything). I'm not gonna say I'm happy yet that we didn't match, but it's not the end of the world. My problem has always been that the reasoning for not matching is what infuriates me. I mean it could turn out to be a genius move (if Lin sucks) or a horrible mistake (if he's a star), but either way... the decision shouldn't have been based on Dolan's emotions.